Other Microwave Ovens:
Frigidaire
Models:
FFCE1638LW, FFCE1638LS, FFCE1638LB
Frigidaire 1.6 Cu. Ft. Countertop Microwave

Summary

Frigidaire FFCE1638LW 1.6 cu. ft. Countertop Microwave Oven with 1,100 Cooking Watts, 6 Quick StartOne-Touch Options, Sensor Options, Melt/Soft Options, Keep Warm Option and Glass Turntable: WhiteThe Frigidaire FFCE1638LW White 1.6 Cu. Ft. Countertop Microwave features easy-to-use one touch buttons so you can cook baked potatoes, popcorn or even add 30 seconds with the touch of a button. The extra large microwave provides 1.6cu. ft. of cooking space and will hold almost any dish, even a 13x9 baking dish. With sensor cookin g it automatically adjusts power levels and cooking times to perfectly cook a variety of items effortlessly. And 10 power levels provide the versatility needed to prepare everything from frozen pizza to pot roast quickly and easily.Features:* 1.6 cu. ft. Capacity* 1,100 Cooking Watts* 6 Quick Start One-Touch Options* Sensor Options* Melt/Soft Options

Frigidaire 1.6 Cu. Ft. Countertop Microwave

Pros

Cons

• Settings/Features:

I love this microwave..closest microwave to oven taste

from Nesconset,ny

Comments about Frigidaire 1.6 Cu. Ft. Countertop Microwave:

This microwave has blown away the older ones and even one new one from a different brand that I ended up returning. The frigidaire is awesome in so many ways. My favorite or one of my favorite features is the defrost. I have little to no time to cook being a mom of twins and you can't eat out every night. So when I need to get dinner going quick and I'm making a meal with meat, the one touch auto defrost not only defrosts foods and meats quickly, but evenly which I love. Pretty much from popcorn to baked potatoes and the timing you set is awesome because every option has a one touch button so you don't have to do the guessing work. I was very skeptical about trying a backed potato in it because in the past with other microwaves, they come out looking like hard shriveled potatoes, and with this microwave, it's like it actually came out of the oven. The inside of the microwave is very large so you don't have to worry about something not fitting. However it's not huge where it takes up majority of your counter space. It also comes with sensor cooking to evenly distribute heat and manage the heat as it is cooking the food so every time your heating something, it cooks evenly. It comes in white and black, I chose the white which most people would cringe at because they get dirty fast, but inside and out this thing is effortlessly easy to clean. By the way you can add 30 seconds to 6 minutes to your cooking time with a touch of a button. This truly is the all in one microwave. I love it and would definitely recommend trying.

Countertop Microwave

Comments about Frigidaire 1.6 Cu. Ft. Countertop Microwave:

I bought this white countertop microwave approximately a year ago to replace my old one. So far it has been a smart choice for me and my family, it works diligently and easily.

I think the overall performance of the microwave was good, I give it an eight because if it isn't kept perfectly clean the buttons seem to get sticky and very temperamental which makes it harder to use the microwave.

Settings/Features
There are quite a lot of options and settings that allow me to even use the microwave instead of a conventional oven which ends up saving me a lot of time when preparing dinner for my family. I really enjoy that.

It can get a little bit tricky cleaning the inside of the microwave, I have noticed once food gets stuck on the inside it can take some excessive scrubbing to get it cleaned again.

I have been using the microwave daily for twelve months now without it breaking down.

• Settings/Features:

Nice and functional microwave at a good price

Comments about Frigidaire 1.6 Cu. Ft. Countertop Microwave:

We have a built in microwave in the kitchen, but needed a counter-top microwave for those times that you need a quick warm up and this microwave has been the perfect answer. We use it to for popcorn or warm up the leftover pizza and it has been a great buy. It is easy to clean and maintain and we have been more than satisfied with its power. The size is perfect for small to medium size kitchen as well and our family has made good use of it since we bought it about a year ago.

Excellent performance is a cornerstone of this microwave. We mostly use it to warm up items or for popcorn and it has been more than reliable and works great each and every time

Settings/Features
The settings are a very simple and functional and can be operated without any confusion.

It is very easy to clean and because it is portable you can move it around and clean it throughly.

The settings are very easy to use and even our 10 year old had no problem operating this microwave.

We have had it for one year and it has been very durable

Very chic and adds to the look of any kitchen

Worth getting!

Comments about Frigidaire 1.6 Cu. Ft. Countertop Microwave:

This microwave is definitely worth getting! I have been using this microwave for about a year and i love it! The microwave is very easy to understand, i never find myself figuring out how to use a button or standing there looking stupid. The microwave doesn't overheat my food and it doesn't underheat my food either. It's rather perfect and simple for me!

My food does not overheat and it does not underheat. My food is perfectly heated and i don't have to worry about if i need to microwave my food more or less.

Settings/Features
The features are very simple to understand. I didn't really need to read the manual as they were rather easy to comprehend

I clean my microwave weekly to keep it up to par. The plate in the microwave is dishwasher safe, even though i just wash mine in some warm soapy water. It's easy to take apart and easy to put back together, which is great for me since i love things simple!

Very sleek and modern!

Great Microwave

Comments about Frigidaire 1.6 Cu. Ft. Countertop Microwave:

I've had this microwave for some time now, and it's a great basic microwave! This unit is very durable, and comes with enough features to get the job done. Working long hours, I rarely have time to cook my meals from scratch. Most weekends, I will make all my meals ahead of time, and then nuke them as I need them. Because of this, my microwave has been used daily for nearly two years now, and has showed no wear down what-so-ever. Another great feature of this microwave, is that it's very compact, which for me works great, and saves a lot of space. However, if you normally microwave bigger food items, you may want to opt for something a little more spacious. Overall, great value on a basic microwave.

Does the job. Warms food up quickly, with a touch of a button.

Settings/Features
The features are a little limited, but for the price I'm not complaining.

Very easy to clean. All movable parts come out, and makes it easy to wipe out.

Simple to use. With limited features; you really don't need instructions to figure it out.

I've been using it for 2 years everyday without any problems.

Simple design, that looks good in any environment.

• Settings/Features:

Old-school model that works well

Comments about Frigidaire 1.6 Cu. Ft. Countertop Microwave:

I consider it a good buy. I found it a durable and easy to use microwave that's not overly expensive for what you get. It doesn't really look classy, but it works well.

It works well overall, though there is a minor point that I find annoying. I have had trouble with the turntable moving a little jerkily, which doesn't work well if you have something filled to the brim with liquids.

Settings/Features
Generally nice. It doesn't have a bewildering variety of options, which I find nice. The settings are easy to figure out and use. However, the cooking by weight and defrost features are not always reliable.

The material itself is easy to clean, but due to the sparkling whiteness of the new product, it has to be cleaned very often, as it looks grungy very quickly.

It's easy to figure out. My 3-year-old nephew who doesn't read yet, is able to use it to heat up simple things without trouble.

So far I've had no trouble with the durability of it. It has held up to a reasonable amount of use. Also, it's built to be functional, not to be a finicky shiny thing to go in a design kitchen and never be used. For instance, the door takes a decent amount of force to shut, more of a slam than a gentle swing.

I like the design, though the fact that it's white makes me cringe, as it always needs cleaning. It is built to hold up, which I appreciate. I doubt it would do well above a range or anything, but for a counter-top microwave, it's quite nice. It's large enough to hold a real amount of food without being a huge things taking up an entire half of the counter.

• Settings/Features:

The Frigidaire microwave is a top of the line appliance.

from Stoughton, Wi

Comments about Frigidaire 1.6 Cu. Ft. Countertop Microwave:

I recently was in need of a new microwave and found myself staring at a long shelf full of different brands to choose from. In the past, I often chose the least expensive appliance in hopes that it would be good enough to serve its purpose! This time I decided to go with a brand that has a pretty solid reputation for producing high quality appliances at a reasonable cost.

The Frigidaire counter top microwave is a powerful machine that cooks food evenly and consistently!

Settings/Features
This microwave has outstanding features that allow even an inexperienced cook such as myself to feel confident and capable in the kitchen. The Frigidaire is incredibly easy to use and versatile.

I love that this microwave is white. It always looks so clean and airy! It is so easy to maintain and wipe clean! I often use a paper towel over my food to help prevent messes!

The Frigidaire is uncomplicated and very easy to use. The touch tone key pad makes cooking fast and convenient!

I love the design of the Frigidaire countertop microwave. The rotating glass plate fits easily into the microwave.This microwave is compact and fits easily onto a counter top.

It Works

from Portland, TX

Comments about Frigidaire 1.6 Cu. Ft. Countertop Microwave:

To say the least, this particular model works. It is not the most eye-appealing but it does the job. It would not be my top pick, as it is a counter-top model and takes up quite a bit of counter space. The buttons are a little hard to read because the microwave itself is white and the writing on it is a lighter gray color. The buttons are also harder to push because they are flush with the microwave so you have to press a little harder than microwaves that have raised buttons. Other than the buttons, the microwave is fairly easy to use. There are quick buttons for popcorn and for items which require defrosting. You enter the weight of the item and it automatically sets the time for the particular setting you select. It is about as durable as other microwaves. It is heavy and bulky so it can take a few times of slamming of the microwave door. The design is a little old school but it is an affordable appliance.