Other Sewing Machines:
Juki
TL-98Q
Juki Mechanical Sewing Machine

Juki Mechanical Sewing Machine

It is the best investment in quilting that I ever made.

from Clinton, IN

Comments about Juki Mechanical Sewing Machine:

I wanted to be able to machine quilt my tops...I saw the Juki 98Q at a quilt show but did not try it out.  I kept looking at them off and on for while, then I got serious and started doing research.  I joined a Juki group on yahoo and read and read and read the messages.  There were problems of course, but 99% were operator error.  Most times it was a simple solution that they had overlooked.

I still had a hard time thinking about spending that much money on a straight-stitch only machine.  I finally took the plunge and bought one, never having even sewn a single stitch on one.  I LOVE that machine...it has the best foot pedal I have ever used.  Sure I can go FAST, but it is also very sensitive and I can go just as slow as I want. The needle threader did take some getting used to for me...but I was used to my Pfaff and it works sort of the opposite.  I have small-medium sized hands and never have any problems getting the bobbin out.

I did break the take up spring first thing, but was able to replace it myself.  Also on yahoo groups, one the guys is a dealer/and can service them and I have 'seen' him walk others through timing their own machines without having to take it to be serviced.

It is without a doubt the best investment I ever made for my quilting.  I just recently quilted a quilt that was 90 inch square quilt on it...I quilt at a desk that I have it lowered into.

I have a Viking #1 and a Pfaff Tiptronic 1171, and I didn't think I would ever give up my Pfaff to put on the binding but the last two quilts I have used my Juki 98Q with the walking foot and it has did just fine.

I see others on the group have some problems with tension/thread but so far, the only problem I have found is I can not free motion quilt with JP Coats thread...I can sew regular just fine with it. I do my piecing on this machine as well..

• Stitch Performance:
  • Fabric Handling:
  • Versatility:

love the way it sews

from Wilmington, DE

Comments about Juki Mechanical Sewing Machine:

a good all around straight stitch machine lots of power and speed. no added extras that arent needed. easy to use, sews through everything i lhave tried it on would reccomend it to anybody who likes to do basic sewing great for quilting and any straight stitching

FATASTIC MACHINE FOR MACHINE QUILTING

from Sacramento, CA

Comments about Juki Mechanical Sewing Machine:

I BOUGHT THIS MACHINE BECAUSE I WAS AT THE POINT IN MY LIFE WHERE I WANTED TO TRY SOMETHING NEW . MACHINE QUILTING WAS WHAT I WANTED TO DO. AFTER READING ABOUT THE TYPES OF QUILTING MACHINE AVAILABLE , THE PRICE RANGE OF THESE MACHINE. THE ADAPTABLILTY OF THESE MACHINE AND THE ABILITY TO MOVE THIS MACHINE WHEN NEEDED. I ALSO  TALKED TO SOME QUILTERS, A QUILT SHOP OWNER, A SEWING MACHINE REPAIR PERSON .

ALL OF THE ABOVE WAS BECAUSE I WANTED TO BE SURE THAT THIS MACHINE COULD HANDLE THE JOB .  WHEN I BOUGHT THIS MACHINE AND STARTED USING IT I FOUND THAT EVERYTHING THAT IS STATED IN THE ADVERTISING WAS CORRECT AND I FEEL THAT THIS IS SUPERIOR QUALITY