Other Hair Shine Products:
John Frieda
John Frieda Collection Frizz Ease Secret Weapon Flawless Finishing Creme

John Frieda Collection Frizz Ease Secret Weapon Flawless Finishing Creme

Love it!

I have long straight hair that is prone to fly aways, so I'm always on the lookout for new hair smoothing products.  I've many types of smoothing serums including salon brands, and can definitely say that Frizz-Ease Secret Weapon Flawless Finishing Creme is an improvement over all others that I've tried.  Why? You ask?  Well, the best part is that you can use it on dry hair.  Most of the others that I've tried require that hair be damp and that you blow dry it in.   Also, the consistnecy of the others is very thick and oily, so it you don't do it right, your hair can end up looking greasy.  Not too mention that it is somewhat time consuming.  Secret weapon has a thin consistency and goes on very easily.  It won't make hair look oily.  Because you can put it on dry hair, you can use it anytime, anywhere, just like the bottle says.  And it takes no time at all, you just smooth a little in your hair, and it makes hair smooth and shiny.  It is a product that truly delivers on its promises and at a decent price too.  You can pick this up at any drugstore for less than half of the salon serums that I used to buy.  I highly recommend this product!

Afraid to use it again

My daughter has very long hair which she pulls back a lot.  It has a lot of frizzy ends throughout the length of it which I would say is pretty normal for hair that long.  Since that nice slick look is so popular, we thought maybe we could try a product to help her achieve that.  We bought this because it seemed reasonably priced (especially compared to what the lady who cuts my hair recommended, which was priced so high as to be laughable).  We have tried using it according the the instructions three times now and all it ever does is make her hair look dirty.  We have even tried to not apply it to the top of her head so it won't look greasy, but it just makes everything look greasy wherever it is.  She would love for something to work well, but she is now afraid to try this again.  We tried using less and then it didn't do anything at all.  I guess we will have to throw the tube away.  I sure wouldn't suggest wasting your money on it.  I see where they have a spray-on - maybe that would work better.

The ultimate frizz tamer

Comments about John Frieda Collection Frizz Ease Secret Weapon Flawless Finishing Creme:

This product is so awesome for, as the name suggests, finishing your style. I first discovered it in high school and kind of forgot about it until noticing it in the store recently, and I plan to always keep some around from now on. If my hair is down, a final pass with a tiny amount of this creme helps to fight frizz and hold down flyaways. If my hair is up, it makes hair super sleek and smooth (best ponytails ever!) It smells great and isn't sticky or too oily. Use it super sparingly, though--too much will make hair look greasy. A little bit goes a long, long way. I don't use it every day for this reason: my hair tends to get more greasy-looking throughout the day, and over time this product would add to that look. If I'm getting ready to go out at night, or to put my hair up for the day, though, I definitely break out this product before I finish my look. John Frieda offers a travel size of this, which I'd recommend for two reasons: for one, as I said already, you only need a small amount at a time, and secondly, it's great to have on hand for touch-ups on the go if you notice your hair has gotten frizzy.

Awesome curly hair product

from Plainfield, IL

Excellent product for those with curly hair. You use this on dry hair and it helps define your curls, tame any fly aways and control frizz. For curly hair styles this product is a must. I have tried many products for my curls over the years and mist did not do what they promised, this one does! This product is easy to use and can probably be used on styles other than curly ones since it does help tame those pesky fly aways that can occur after your hair dries. John Frieda offers an entire line of products to help combat frizz and this is a great addition to that line. I have tried many of the Frizz Ease products and have had much success with them. I have also tried putting this finishing cream on my wet curls and it works this way, too. I use a leave in treatment and follow up with this finishing cream and then let my curls dry naturally, if they still need some help or the humidity has caused some frizz or fly aways, I re-apply a dollop of this John Frieda Frizz Ease Secret Weapon Finishing Cream all over my hair and suddenly my curls are defined and frizz free! Try this awesome product for curly hair, you won't be sorry!

Hydrated, shiny, luscious locks without weighing them down!

from Tampa, FL

I am so in love with this styling cream, I usually keep one in my house and one in my bag. You never know when the wrath of humidity-filled weather will strike in Florida! It's a very light styling cream and does not seem to weight down my dry, fine hair at all. The tube says to use it after blow drying to smooth hair, but I have had good results applying it to my hair before and after I dry it. It smells really nice and semi-fruity. The results are great - smooth, shiny, fly-away free hair that looks so much more kempt. It also replaces hair's oil that is lost in the whole heated styling process. With my straw-like hair, it's much appreciated. It also seems to disguise my split ends when I haven't bothered to make a hairdresser appointment in a long time. It also has a UV filter, so it's really good for colored hair, too. My hair is so much healthier since I've bought this cream! Love it and won't be without it!

Secret Weapon Lives Up to Its Name!

from Atlanta, GA

I've tried a number of smoothing or finishing creams and serums and I really love the John Freida Collection Frizz-Ease Secret Weapon Flawless Finishing Creme. My hair is a couple of inches below my shoulders, very thick, and naturally has a slight wave. I blow dry it and then use a flat iron to straighten it. My problem with a lot of these products has been that they may stop the frizziness, but they don't make my hair smooth. This finishing creme really does both! I like it because you apply it to DRY hair rather than wet or damp hair. It really does restore the silky softness and natural shine to my hair. I've found that other products handle the frizz, but don't help the shine. This product does the job and lasts all day long. It says you can reapply as needed, but I never have to do that. I'd give it a definite thumbs up!

Great for someone who isn't big into hair products.

from Kalamazoo, MI

Let me first say that I don't like putting product in my hair, hairspray included. Let me also say that I have long, straight hair down to the middle of my back so... it can pose a problem when I break out of my laziness to actually curl my hair and also in the summer when it can get frizzy. I like other John Frieda products and wanted something to smooth without being greasy. I love this stuff. I have gone through many tubes of it and, rationalizing the price, for how I use it- it lasts a LONG time. Let me also say that I do NOT use it to cover all of my hair and scalp. I generally use it at the bottom of my hair because it makes it slightly piecey without being stiff or greasy. It also seems to work slightly as a gel hold, (as I don't really like hairspray), and will keep my curls longer than if I don't have it in. It also works great in small amounts to smooth down flyaways around my hairline when in a ponytail or other updo. I'd recommend it for fixing minor flyaways and dryness, as that's what I've had the most experience with.

This Secret Weapon should not be a secret

from Elburn, IL

John Frieda has a complete collection of Frizz-Ease products.  I really like the one they call Secret Weapon Flawless Finishing Creme.  I have super straight very long color-treated hair.  Since I usually wear it pulled back in a pony tail, little wispy fly away ends are always a problem.  A tiny bit of this creme works wonders in taming those strays.  It also makes dull, dry hair very shiny and soft.  Be careful not to use too much...like the old BrylCreme ads, " a little dab 'll do ya".  I also use the Secret Weapon Creme on my freshly washed, towel-dried hair before blow-drying.  I rub a little in my hands, and pull through the hair, concentrating on the ends. It really helps smooth the dry ends before styling.  I like the way it restores softness and adds shine.  This product contains UV-blockers.  You can usually get coupons on the John Frieda website.  Although most of the John Frieda products I use are for blonde hair, this one is for all color types.

John Frieda Secret Weapon Finishing creme was okay....

from Idaho Falls, ID

Alright, so I've been pretty content with almost all of the other John Frieda Collection hair products (excepting the Brilliant Brunette Shine Release Daily Shampoo and the Brilliant Brunette Daily Conditioner...and even those had some REALLY awesome pro's, they just dried out my curly hair too much :( I digress...)

I feel like the John Frieda Collection Frizz Ease Secret Weapon Flawless Finishing Creme is okay....it's not AWFUL, it's not AMAZING, it's just ....average (which is why it got 3 stars which is defined above as "average"). You have to be careful to only use like a PEA-sized amount (even a dime size is a little too much to begin with), because it only take a microgram too much of it too suddenly make your hair look greasier than....I dunno, something greasy (I'm not great with analogies :P) For a non-salon product I guess it works okay as a finishing creme to keep those flyaways in check, just be sure to start SMALL and add more as needed.

Afraid to use it again

from Talihina, OK

Really is a Secret Weapon!

from Phoenix, AZ

I've been using Secret Weapon for years now. Since I have long curly hair which is colored constantly I am always battling frizz. Around 5 or so years ago I came across John Frieda's Frizz-Ease Secret Weapon in the store and figured it'd be worth a shot to try it. I had previously been trying different products in search of something that actually worked without making my hair look like it's full of product. I'm glad I made the choice to buy it because it really does work! I've been using it ever since. Secret Weapon doesn't leave your hair crunchy OR oily and makes my curls look just divine.

Saves my curls!

from Honolulu, HI

John Frieda Collection Frizz Ease Secret Weapon Flawless Finishing Creme works wonders on my naturally curly and thick hair. John Frieda Collection Frizz Ease Secret Weapon Flawless Finishing Creme does not weigh hair down or make hair stiff and it definitely keeps the frizz under control. John Frieda Collection Frizz Ease Secret Weapon Flawless Finishing Creme is a bit on the expensive side compared to other products on the market, but you do get results exceeding those of other products. John Frieda Collection Frizz Ease Secret Weapon Flawless Finishing Creme actually has me considering cutting a few inches off my long hair because I consider myself frugal and it bothers me to spend this much on a hair product. You will get results with John Frieda Collection Frizz Ease Secret Weapon Flawless Finishing Creme, so in that sense it is money well spent. If you are struggling with frizzy hair, it is definitely worth giving John Frieda Collection Frizz Ease Secret Weapon Flawless Finishing Creme a try.