Other Hair Shine Products:
Frederic Fekkai Glossing Cream

Frederic Fekkai Glossing Cream

Pros

Cons

Frederic Fekkai Glossing Cream leaves my hair super shiny!

I got several samples of Frederic Fekkai Glossing Cream from BzzAgent when they sent me bottles of Frederic Fekkai Full Volume Shampoo & Conditioner to try out. While I didn't like the shampoo or conditioner, I did really like this!

**Frederic Fekkai Glossing Cream** feels really thick when you squirt some out, but when I rub it together in my hands, it warms up and thins out nicely so I can run my fingers through my hair to get the right amount applied. I apply this when I flat iron my hair and this is the perfect finishing touch. It leaves my hair soft, shiny and moisturized. Just don't use too much or your hair will look greasy and feel weighed down.

As much as I enjoy this product, I'm not sure I would buy it because there are other products out there that I like just as much, but cost a lot less. If you don't mind spending the money on it, I would highly recommend **Frederic Fekkai Glossing Cream**.

Fekkai Left My Hair Soft--and Flaky

Being low maintenance, I'm not much of a beauty diva.  However, even *I *have heard of the hair styling guru, Frederic Fekkai.  When I opened the package of a recent Bath and Body Works order, I was pleased to unearth a free sample of **Fekkai Glossing Cream**.  I do have dry hair that I need to keep moisturized, so I figured this would be the perfect product to test.  The package promises that the glossing cream "hydrates, sleeks, and shines."  Who wouldn't get excited by the prospect of shiny moisturized hair?

I opened the sample to try it right away, and the first thing I noticed was the lovely fragrance.  The glossing cream contains the hair-smoothing and softening agents of dimethicone and olive oil, so I had high hopes for the product.  I squeezed a pea-sized dollop of cream on my hands and rubbed my hands together for several seconds.  I then smoothed the glossing cream onto my dry hair.  I didn't notice anything special, but my hair did feel a bit softer in general.

As I was combing through my hair the following day, I could see residual flakes of the glossing cream.  Being that it's winter, I initially thought it was dandruff.  On closer inspection, I could see that the flakes were mostly on the last few inches of my ends where I had rubbed in most of the glossing cream.

I'm not sure why I didn't have as positive an experience with this as others have reported, but I definitely won't use **Fekkai Glossing Cream** again.  As a black woman, my hair does have its own unique needs so I think I'll stick to products designed especially for ethnic hair.

Giving Fekkai a chance..

Comments about Frederic Fekkai Glossing Cream:

This was the first purchase I had ever made through Frederic Fekkai, and it was absolutely amazing. It makes my hair feel soft and tames it from frizzing during the day. Using only a small bit, and it helps me keep my hair under control. During hat season, this product is an absolute must!

My favorite smoothing cream

from Berkeley, CA

Comments about Frederic Fekkai Glossing Cream:

Frederic Fekkai Glossing Cream is, without a doubt, my favorite hair product for smoothing, taming, and managing my frizzy curls. I've used lots of products to try to accomplish a smoother look over the years, including lots of silicone-based serums, leave-in moisturizers, and various creams. This one is my favorite for getting a smoothed, natural look. It has a divine, subtle smell (if you like the smell of hair care products generally, you'll probably like this one), it feels like butter, and it works easily through my hair. It can be used to just smooth the top layer, but it also works well when worked through my layers of curls.

As with any glossing or smoothing product, less is more, and you can overdo it with this product like any other. But I find it a little more forgiving than a heavy serum if you do use too much. It's pricey, but the sample/travel size should last you for a long time, because you relaly don't need that much.

Really Great

Comments about Frederic Fekkai Glossing Cream:

I use this cream after I straighten my hair. It makes my hair so shiny. It also keeps my hair from drizzling. I have used other glossing creams and creams that are supposed to add shine but they all make my hair greasy. Even though my ends can be somewhat dry, my roots sometimes look very greasy when I have certain products in my hair. I can put this cream throughout my hair and not worry about my roots looking greasy and my ends looking normal. This cream is so light. I dye my hair every few weeks so it can look dull and damaged a lot of the times. When I wear this cream I am constantly complimented on how shiny and great my hair looks. When you use it you only need a tiny amount. I had very very long hair when I first got this cream and a tiny pea sized amount was all I needed. Now that I cut my hair I can use even less. I really think this product is well worth the money. I definitely recommend using this product.

Gloss and Shine

from Minneapolis, MN

Comments about Frederic Fekkai Glossing Cream:

The first time I used Fekkai Glossing Cream was when I received a sample from Victorias Secret. I loved it right from the start! It has a very unique scent that is refreshing yet gentle. You only need a very small amount, maybe pea sized, and that is enough for your hair. I have long hair and use that much and it adds so much shine and gloss to my hair. I have used it both on wet and dry hair and are very satisfied with the results. I would recommend it to anyone who wants a to add a little shine, gloss, or nutrients to their hair. I also have oily hair so I use it only on the ends. Although, I have used it a few times on the roots to pat into place a few stray hairs and it does not give that oily look that you want to avoid. I live in a dry climate and this has really helped my hair overall. As I said, I have oily hair, but because of the dry climate I get those hairs that stick up and this has been perfect for that. I would definitely recommend this product. I bought it at Target.

Left Some Undesirable Effects On Dark Hair

from Podunk, NY

Comments about Frederic Fekkai Glossing Cream:

I went through a period in my life where I was absolutely crazy over Fekkai Hair Products. Their hair spray was one of the best ever created (next to VS), and some of their other hair products seemed to do a marvelous job with hair that was previously hard to deal with.

My daughter's and husband's hair are both in need of some glossy shine at times due to the nature of colored hair. I was thrilled to get a small tube of Fekkai Glossing Cream in a combo pack that I got a while back. I figured it would be a fantastic thing to have and was looking forward to using it.

The results were sadly less than spectacular.

I did like that it made the hair somewhat soft, although my husband's hair that tends toward the frizzy dry side, still felt a bit rough despite the glossing cream. I was careful not to over apply either. His hair tends toward the medium coarse side of things.

My daughter's hair which is thick and fine but straight did a little bit better with it, but it seemed to make her hair look greasy more quickly than normal and she does not have oily hair.

I also saw some problems with my daughter with what appeared to be dandruff, but when I stopped using it on her hair, the dandruff stopped. When I used it, then the flakes were back again.

All in all, this makes the hair softer, shinier, but not quite as soft as I would have liked. The fragrance is really nice and enjoyable to smell, but the product seems to have a bit much on the "cone" side of things. It either weighs down the hair a bit too much, leaves flakes, or just doesn't quite act as lightweight as I had hoped from this very expensive line of products.

I have better results with other products such as Aubrey Organics, Bed Head, and a few others that make glossing products that seem to be a bit nicer and less expensive.

LOVE IT - Ya'll Gotta Try It

from Folsom, CA

Comments about Frederic Fekkai Glossing Cream:

LOVE this product! I received this as a sample and have now added it to my hair regime. LOVE the scent and manageability it gives my hair. Wonderful stuff! I use it on my hair to bring out the shine. I also use it on the ends when my hair is wet - a GREAT detangler! (Gotta love multi-purpose products!) It doesn't weigh my hair down, even though it contains olive oil for moisturization. I haven't seen it advertised as a detangler, but I'm amazed how my comb/brush glides through my hair... even the next morning! I've purchased a large tube and will continue to use it for my long hair. I've also recommended it to all my friends - I always get SO excited when I find something new that works well and then some (again...gotta LOVE multi-purpose products!)

Instant Hair smoother

from Fort Lauderdale, FL

Comments about Frederic Fekkai Glossing Cream:

This is good, but don't use too much if you have thin hair. I can rarely go a day without washing my hair since it fine. I like to use this every other day, or even less often since it can really weigh it down. Also, if you get too much in one spot, it looks like you put grease in your hair. Make sure to spread it evenly throughout your hair, away from the scalp.

Frederic Fekkai glossing cream is a standby

from Livonia, MI

Comments about Frederic Fekkai Glossing Cream:

This stuff is liquid gold to me. I tried it years ago when I got a free sample from Bath & Body Works, and now I will pay for it. It is VERY expensive in my opinion (a very small tube is around fifteen bucks) but it works and you only need a teeny, tiny little bit. It's best to use right after you've blow dryed your hair; put two little squirts on your fingers, rub them together and run them through your hair. It tames fly aways and defines curls (I use it on my ends to keep my curl). I think the container also states you can use it on damp hair, but I've never tried that. The best part is that it only makes your hair soft, never oily like many of the smoothing products I"ve tried in the past. Bottom line: It's worth the money, but just use it in moderation - you only need a little. One bottle should last at least several months if not more. Also works great when you are pulling back your hair to make a nice, smooth ponytail.

Frederic Fekkai Glossing Cream leaves my hair super shiny!

from Camp Lejeune, NC

Comments about Frederic Fekkai Glossing Cream:

Best stuff I've ever used!

from Tacoma, WA

Comments about Frederic Fekkai Glossing Cream:

Pros

- Controls frizz

- Easy to use

- Healthier hair

- Lightweight

- Protects from heat

- Smells great

Cons

- None

- Curly hair

- Everyday

- Thick hair

"I've tried tons of products from the beauty salon, from [...], and from other hair product places, but this stuff takes the cake! It was recommended to me by a friend, so I bought some. I have wavy/curly hair that I blow dry pretty much every day. I couldn't find a product that took the kinks out of my hair, but also made it feel natural, soft, smooth, and frizz-free until I found the Frederik Fekkai Glossing Creme. I use very little for my moderately thick hair and I have not had a bad hair day since I've used this stuff. It also works well on dry hair. I've recommended it to four other people, all who love it just as much as I do. I would recommend it to anyone and everyone!"

Bottom Line Yes, I would recommend this to a friend