Other Snacks & Cookies:

Hostess Chocolate Creme Twinkies

Pros

Cons

Hostess Chocolate Creme Twinkies Are a Great Take on a Classic

Hostess Chocolate Creme Twinkies are a great, chocolatey take on the classic! Twinkies are a favorite packaged snack cake of mine, and this is another way to enjoy them. The cake is moist, and the chocolatey interior is so creamy. Try them out for yourself.

Hostess Chocolate Creme Twinkies - Dry & Dull, Unfortunately

I hadn't had Twinkies since childhood, and was looking forward to trying these. Was I disappointed! They were dry, despite being individually wrapped, and there was a strong aftertaste of the preservatives. The filling had very little chocolate flavor. And finally, given the that there is no "real" food in these, just empty calories, I would not recommend them.

Priceless!

Comments about Hostess Chocolate Creme Twinkies:

The Chocolate Creme Twinkies are even better than the original Twinkies. The creme is smooth and fluffy in texture and adds something different to the white cake. They make a good snack or a boring evening pick-me-up. Even though they aren't nutritious, having one occasionally is perfectly fine. I tend to enjoy one when I am having a bad day. The fluffy scrumptious sweetness of the Hostess Chocolate Creme Twinkies will no doubt put a smile on your face. Try one if you haven't already!

So bad for you, and so gross.

Comments about Hostess Chocolate Creme Twinkies:

I have never had a Hostess Chocolate Creme Twinkie before, so when my husband found this out he ran off to the supermarket to pick up a box. When I first tried this Twinkie, I was surprised at how popular these things were. The sponge cake felt very dry and didn't taste even slightly fresh. Combine that with the chocolate filling and I never wanted to eat a Twinkie again. The chocolate filling was very sweet, and tasted like a cheap chocolate filling. I would not recommend these Twinkies, and I felt like they were overpriced.

Classic

from TN

Comments about Hostess Chocolate Creme Twinkies:

I love these chocolate creme filled Twinkies, Hostess has taken an American classic and made it even better. These chocolate filled sponge cakes are delicious, the sponge cake melts in your mouth and the chocolate filling is so thick and creamy.

Age old favorite with brand new twist

Comments about Hostess Chocolate Creme Twinkies:

Want that same old goodness with a new twist? Chocolate filled Twinkies may be BETTER than the original to those that love chocolate like I do. Exact same texture, and a smooth creamy chocolate filling. I can't believe that it took them this long to introduce them. They are BETTER than GREEEEAAAT.

not for me

Comments about Hostess Chocolate Creme Twinkies:

I was never a big fan of twinkies (okay, maybe when I was six I was, but who wasn't). these are too sweet for me. of course, you have to try them, who can pass up a new flavor of twinkie? and if you love twinkies, I would guess you would like these. its just not my thing

Stick to the original filling!

Comments about Hostess Chocolate Creme Twinkies:

The Hostess Chocolate Creme Twinkies does not even come close to tasting as great as the original Twinkie. The chocolate crème filling does not really even have a chocolate taste to it. The Twinkie itself was very dry and not very moist like the original is.

Surprisingly good.

Comments about Hostess Chocolate Creme Twinkies:

I absolutely love the original twinkies. But these chocolate creme twinkies are even better. I'm a fiend for chocolate so these are right up my alley. They are high in calories, so I wouldn't suggest these to anyone on a diet. You'll get addicted to this delicious snack.

Turn-off

Comments about Hostess Chocolate Creme Twinkies:

The chocolate really throws off the deliciousness of the beautiful Twinkies. I believe that every Twinkies should have that jaw dropping, mouth watering, creamy white filling in every bite of the tremendous Twinkies. If Hostess resorts to making Chocolate Twinkies to survive, they might as well die again.

Glad that the Hostess Twinkies are back.

Comments about Hostess Chocolate Creme Twinkies:

After the drought of the Hostess Twinkie I thought that it would be the end of an era but now that the Twinkie is back in full form and original taste we can all long for the creme filled pastry again. The chocolate creme is good especially if you are a chocolate addict like me.

Better Than Twinkies!

Comments about Hostess Chocolate Creme Twinkies:

I love Twinkies, and especially love the fact that Hostess decided to throw a chocolate eclair type cream into the middle of them. Amazing idea made better. What will Hostess do next? With the addition of the chocolate cream Twinkie, Twinkies are now complete.