Other Snacks & Cookies:
Fiber One - 90 Calorie Chocolate Fudge Brownies

Fiber One - 90 Calorie Chocolate Fudge Brownies

Pros

Cons

As "diet" snacks go, these are pretty good!

Always willing to try new things, and a chocolate lover, I saw these in the break room where I work and thought I would give them a try. My initial reaction to my first bite was, "these aren't too bad." But as I continued to eat it I realized that compared to other "regular" brownies they just didn't quite measure up. They aren't quite as rich and chocolaty as they could be. But, since this is technically considered a "diet" snack, it really isn't too bad.

As far as the nutritional information it is .89 oz, has 90 calories, 3g total fat or 25 calories (1.5g of that is saturated fat), 0 trans fat and cholesterol, 18g carbs, 5g fiber, 8g sugar and 1g proteins. When you compare that to an average brownie of the same size (.8 oz) from Calorie King it has 112 Calories, Total Fat 7g (60 cals from fat), Sat. Fat, 1.8g, Cholesterol 18mg, Sodium 82mg, Total Carbs. 12g, Protein 1.5g, Calcium 13.7mg, Potassium 42.2mg. So, it seems to me that I'm giving up taste for only 22 calories.

So, if I wanted to save those 22 calories, have a better tasting brownie, save a few bucks, and have them last me a little longer, I could just cut a regular brownie a little smaller and have maybe a half an ounce of a piece and have a better tasting snack.

Over all, they aren't too bad. I just don't think I'll go out and buy any.

Fiber One - 90 Calorie Chewy Bar left me hungry and disappointed

I figured Fiber One 90 calorie chewy bars would be great for traveling and vacations.  So often you need something to eat, and can't get to the fridge, for a healthy...Read complete review

I figured Fiber One 90 calorie chewy bars would be great for traveling and vacations.  So often you need something to eat, and can't get to the fridge, for a healthy snack.

So I purchased a couple of bars of Fiber One chocolate 90 calorie chewy bars.  When I saw them in the store, they looked extremely appetizing.  Len is diabetic, and I couldn't see anything on the bar, or even the nutrition facts, that would put his sugar reading up too high.It states on the packet that it has 20% of the daily value of fiber. The net weight is 0.82 oz. (23g).

Upon opening the bar I knew that it wouldn't fill Len up, but that wasn't the point of having it.  The size is a meager three inches in length, by one inch in width. It is just over half an inch in depth.The underneath of the bar is covered in chocolate. Then it looks like puffed rice, drizzled with chocolate. When I bit into it, I could taste the chocolate, honey, and rice or oats. When I chewed it, it kind of went into a mush, and I was left with the whole grain oats to chew. It was a just 'okay' product, and I was a little disappointed with it. It actually looks better than it tastes.

The wrapper is very deceiving because you see chunks of chocolate, and a gooey bar.  I personally thought it to be on the dry side.From the wrapper:"Serving size 1 bar (23g)Calories 90Calories from fat 20Total fat 2g (3%)Sat fat 1g (5%)Trans fat 0gCholesterol 0mgSodium 95 mg (4%)Total carbs 17g (6%)Dietary Fiber 5g (20%)Protein 1gSugars 5gVitamin A 4%Vitamin C 4%"

In future, for our snacks, I will carry an ice box and have a piece of fruit, yogurt, or orange juice.  If I really want chocolate then I will eat a small bar, of a brand that I like.  If you want chocolate, I really think that you will be disappointed, with this bar.

Delicious and gives me a healthy chocolate fix.

Comments about Fiber One - 90 Calorie Chocolate Fudge Brownies:

Heat up in the microwave for a few seconds for a just baked brownie taste without the guilt. This product is a good way to add significant fiber to your diet and satisfy my craving for a dessert or late afternoon snack. Also convenient and easy to take along for snacks away from home.

Yummy and beneficial!

Comments about Fiber One - 90 Calorie Chocolate Fudge Brownies:

First off this bar is delicious! It tastes a lot like a real brownie! I was a little skeptical at first when I was going to buy it (because past fiber bars taste like cardboard), but this one really is good! Not only that, but it's loaded with fiber (my main reason for purchasing it), and 90 calories each is awesome! I def recommend this!

holy cow these are good

Comments about Fiber One - 90 Calorie Chocolate Fudge Brownies:

Im a health nut, so I dont eat brownies and stiff like that all the time. But as soon as I tried these I was hooked. they are good and chocolatey, and 90 calories!! It is great for when I get a sweet tooth. They also have come out with a lot of new flavors recently so I cant wait to try them. They do a good job making low calorie treats that still taste good. This is my go to sweet.

Decent low calorie snack

Comments about Fiber One - 90 Calorie Chocolate Fudge Brownies:

These aren't as good as an actual brownie, but they're chocolatey enough to be satisfying if you are on a diet. They are a little dry, but they're flavorful. I didn't buy them for the fiber content, just as a less-than-terrible-for-you snack, so I don't really have an opinion on the fiber content.

Absolute heaven.

Comments about Fiber One - 90 Calorie Chocolate Fudge Brownies:

We were really busy at work so they brought around snacks. They handed out Fiber One - 90 Calorie Chocolate Fudge Brownies and I instantly fell in love. They are only 90 calories so i do not feel guilty about eating them. They taste like delicious brownies and they are extremely satisfying. I will recommend this to all of my family and friends.

Good Tasting Lower Calorie Treat

from Peoria, AZ

Comments about Fiber One - 90 Calorie Chocolate Fudge Brownies:

I would say this is good to have when you are hungry for a cookie and want to keep the calories down. I tried the chocolate ones and they were almost as rich in flavor as a brownie. I don't know that I would say that they are a diet product however keeping the calories limited but not feeling deprived is a challenge and I almost felt guilty when I ate this one. They are supposed to have more fiber but I think I would just consider the taste and not necessarily a diet product. Like any foods/treats/ that you eat, you have to count the calories and while the taste of these is great I would limit them to be an extra or when I don't think I can live without a cookie. I do find them useful when traveling - I throw some in my tote bag and go. However I did find out the hard way that it is not a good idea to leave them in a hot car. They break down and crumble and you do have to be careful as they do break down easily.

Good for what they are.

Comments about Fiber One - 90 Calorie Chocolate Fudge Brownies:

The Fiber One 90 Calorie Chocolate Fudge Brownies are good for what they are. If you want a low calorie, low fat alternative, this is for you! These brownies have a fake chocolate taste, but combined with the icing and chocolate chips in them, they taste decent. The texture is very off from a traditional brownie. However, if you're dieting, these will do the trick. I recommend them if you're dieting and craving chocolate, but that's it!

Surprisingly good chocolate snack

Comments about Fiber One - 90 Calorie Chocolate Fudge Brownies:

This chocolate brownie snack is surprisingly good. Although this particular product is a bit expensive because of the name brand, the flavor is worth trying. They have a nice rich texture and they have a nice tasting, sweet drizzle on top. These are designed to add fiber to your diet, but they are delicious for anyone to enjoy.

A tasty way to get some more fiber in your diet.

Comments about Fiber One - 90 Calorie Chocolate Fudge Brownies:

I was counting calories and found these brownies very helpful. They are fairly large for the number of calories they have and they have lots of fiber to help you feel full longer. You can definitely taste that they have extra fiber, but it is fairly easy to get used to. They aren't very expensive and come in packs of 8 usually. I find them very nice to keep around the house as a healthy snack.

Like the other Fiber One bar, you don't get what you pay for

Comments about Fiber One - 90 Calorie Chocolate Fudge Brownies:

Like the Fiber One granola bar I reviewed earlier this week, this product is way too expensive for what you actually get. The brownies are very small, and while you get 6 per box rather than the 5 granola bar pack, they're still way overpriced for the amount of actual product you're getting. I only buy these when they are marked way down and I have a coupon. They don't taste too bad, but they're nothing special either.