3.9
HWR06XC9
Haier Thru-Wall/Window Air Conditioner

Haier Thru-Wall/Window Air Conditioner

3.9

Boy those Haier AC's sure do introduce you to cooler air.

i have an aunt that has one of these Haier air conditioners. every time i go over to her house it is so nice and cool. in fact i always sit in front of this particular ac because i like the amount of really nice cold air it puts out. it is so nice to have different temperature settings so that you can turn it up some if you start to get too cold or turn it down if you get too hot. i personally think that for a small room or apartment they really are the best value and quality for the money. they most certainly do put out the air that is needed for these spaces. they have a wonderfully stylish design and beautiful white and silver color scheme that they would go exceptionally well with any type of home decor that you would need it to. these air conditioners are a lot more energy efficient and cost saving than most other brands you woul find anywhere else. they really are better than your average swamp cooler. who wants to change those pads or fix it all the time? i most certainly don't. so buy one of these and you won't have all the trouble.

Haier is not as efficient as I would like it to be.

I bought this AC unit last year.  It was one of the cheapest units in the store and looked like a great buy.  My room is not very big, you can walk across it lengthwise in 10 steps, and the unit seems like it takes forever to cool my room.  I usually keep the setting on 72 degrees but it does cool down to 66 and even 68 degrees, although it usually doesn't feel that cool in the room.  A problem I do have with it is that when I do have it on 72 sometimes it will let my room heat back up to about 77 or 78 degrees without even turning on.  Another problem is that its somewhat loud, especially when it first comes on and it sounds as though its shaking.  Also, the panels on the side to keep the insects and wind out is not very efficient either.  If you don't have it sealed tightly or it doesn't exactly fit to your window prepare to have unwanted guests.  I've had to use duct tape and it doesn't look visually appealing at all.  The manual also suggests cleaning the filter every 2 weeks with water and letting it air dry before putting it back in.  The buttons are easy to use and it has 3 speeds.  I have not used the timer button so I can't tell you anything about that except its for how long you want the unit to run.  I probably would have bought a more expensive unit if I could have forseen these problems.

Haier HWR06XC9 Thru-Wall/Window

from Hermiston, OR

Comments about Haier Thru-Wall/Window Air Conditioner:

This air conditioner is a great value. It is perfect for the person renting and moves into a place that doesn't have an air conditioner. It is easy to install in a window. I found the window kit supplied with the air conditioner very useful. In a matter of minutes, I had installed the air conditioner and was enjoying the benefits. It runs quietly. It is efficient in cooling down the area I need to be cooled. I found that this air conditioner was able to cool a larger area than what the directions specified. The style of the air conditioner blends in with any decor. The electrical cord was long enough to reach an electrical outlet. I installed it in my living room window near my television set and found there was no need to increase the volume of my TV when the air conditioner was running. I did not notice an increase of my electrical bill when using this air conditioner. The controls are easy to use.

• Air Flow:

O so cool !

from Dickinson, ND

Comments about Haier Thru-Wall/Window Air Conditioner:

Three years ago we purchased our Haier air conditioner to fit in our basement window because it was inexpensive and we were hot! We just needed a basement ac to cool us while we slept. We immediately fell in love and moved it to the main floor because it cooled so well. We have not had any problems at all....works great doesn't freeze and is so affordable. It was much cheaper and performs better then our other air conditioner. The brackets that come along to hold the air conditioner in place work perfectly also. The remote makes cooling down pain free wihout even leaving the comfort of the couch! I dont think it collects dusts like other older one does ( of a different brand) I would recommend this to friends and family and I would purchase this air conditioner again.

the "Haier Thru-Wall/Window Air Conditioner" really is cool

from Sachse, TX

Comments about Haier Thru-Wall/Window Air Conditioner:

The "Haier HWR06XC9 Thru-Wall/Window Air Conditioner" is the best choice if your looking for an air conditioner. The installation manual is really easy to understand which makes It is really easy to install. And it is cool and quiet so it does not disturb you while your doing housework or homework or if your just trying to have some quiet time for yourself. It is the best product out there. Summer is coming near and most air conditioning company products break down easily and does not have the same they promised and guaranteed. That is why I would highly recommend this. It is probably the best thing you can buy for the summer and the cost for this is remarkable especially for the quality this has.

Haier is an average one.

from Brooklyn, NY

Comments about Haier Thru-Wall/Window Air Conditioner:

We bought this air conditioner last summer when it was really, really hot. It works well in small places but not in large ones. It's noisy and it takes a while to cool the room. The side flips attached well and easily to my window.

Good purchase!

from Leola, PA

Comments about Haier Thru-Wall/Window Air Conditioner:

We purchased this air conditioner when our old one stopped working. We knew the time was coming, but waited as long as we could, and then did not have as much to choose from. We purchased our unit from Walmart. It was more than I wanted to pay for a larger air conditioner, but we needed one to cool a larger area. It was easy to install in the window straight out of the box. The cord is long enough, though it may not be for some homes. I found that the thermostat does not seem to read very accurately. It comes on at odd times (according to the temperature setting). It is quiet and it does not run all the time, which is nice. It came with a remote which I thought was silly, but I suppose it is convenient for others. I do believe it is more cost-efficient than my old one, so that is a plus. Based on my experience with the thermostat, I may not buy this brand again.

Get what you pay for!!!

from Baton Rouge, LA

Comments about Haier Thru-Wall/Window Air Conditioner:

This Haier / no name air conditioner is horrible. When I first bought this unit it failed the second day I got it the fan stopped working so my brilland husband returned it and long behold he ended up buying the "same unit". I bought it to go into the my window upstairs since we have an old central unit in the house and doesn't cool that good in one of the rooms upstairs. This unit is so loud and noisy that I can even watch tv in the room when its on. The only good part about the noise is that I can't hear my husbands snoring anymore :). It seem that the compressor is always on when its on which tells me that it may be undersized for the room even thought the room is 12ft by 15ft. At any rate like I told by husband at homedepot when I say the hundreds of them stacked on the side aisle that we shoud spend a little more money and get a good name brand unit which will bring good quality. Overall I would get a different unit.

the Haier a/c though small got 'r done

from Charlotte, NC

Comments about Haier Thru-Wall/Window Air Conditioner:

We needed an a/c unit after the central air went out. We were on a tight budget as usual and bought 2 Haier a/c's they actually kept the whole house bearable for 2 years. When we moved they were dirty and beat down, but still running and still cooling.

Remote control, easy to clean, and cools the whole room!

from Chesapeake City, MD

Comments about Haier Thru-Wall/Window Air Conditioner:

We love our Haier HWR06XC9 air conditioner and we have had it for a couple of years now. It has provided us with a comfortable cool room each hot summer we have experienced. It blows cold and has never let us down. Sometimes we have found that if we left it running, that we have to cover up because it cools the room down quickly and keeps it there. I like the remote control feature where we can control the air conditioner from the comfort of our bed. I also like the energy saver feature because it will kick on when it gets too warm and kick off again when it is cool enough for the temperature it is set at. I would recommend this product to all my friends and buy another one of the very same brand for the other rooms in our house. We have used it to cool a large office, and our large bedroom. We have never had trouble with it acting up or keeping it clean. The removeable screen is easy to vacuum and washable for those very humid days. I couldn't ask for a better product.****

I love my Haier, it cools my shop easily.

from Salmon, ID

Comments about Haier Thru-Wall/Window Air Conditioner:

This Haier airconditioner is an excellent unit. I own a dog grooming business and it gets hot inside the shop. With the Haier airconditioner I can cool my shop back down in no time at all. It is a great unit and very well worth the price.

Product functions properly but is not competitively priced

from Macon, GA

Comments about Haier Thru-Wall/Window Air Conditioner:

I am  an HVAC contractor in the southeastern United States. I am familiar with the Haier HWR06XC9. It is a through the wall unit commonly used in Motel applications also referred to as a Ptac unit. My experience with this product is that generally functions properly but in our market there is limited distribution making it sometimes hard to locate parts or a replacement unit if required. In one circumstance we had to order parts from a distributor in New York and it took more than 2 weeks to arrive. leaving our customer without AC in mid summer in the south. You can imagine that they were not happy. The product is also somewhat pricey compared to comparable brands that are more easliy available. In short the product will function as expected but there are some drawbacks.