Other Air Conditioners:
Kenmore

Small, fairly quiet, and very effective

I bought this A/C unit for my bedroom--11x15, located on the 3rd floor of a rowhome.  My windows are very small, so I was concerned about finding a unit that would fit in a smaller than normal frame.  This model did the trick; it fits great in my 11" window, and cools the room quickly (I have the 5000 BTU model).  The fan vent grill started making a vibrating noise about a month ago, but I was able to fix it by sliding a small piece of rubber against the frame of the grill to prevent the rattling.  Seems to be a problem with the design of the vent...it can only be tilted up a small amount, and so it is prone to rattling.  However, I love the unit, and would recommend it to anyone looking for a small but effective window unit!

Quiet and so Cool....

Inexpensive great quiet efficient machine. would buy it again!!!! Unpack for mthe box easy to install with provided screws an foam inserts took approximately 45 minutes to totoally cool down my bed room which is quite hot. I recommend this unit if looking for a quiet and efficient room air conditioner. rattles alittle bit but is not to bad. warranty is only 90 days you can buy a extende done if you want....

Small, fairly quiet, and very effective

from Baltimore, MD

Comments about Kenmore PLASMaire Air Conditioner:

This product is excellent!!!

from Oakland Gardens, NY

Comments about Kenmore PLASMaire Air Conditioner:

I would definitely purchase another Plasmaire Kenmore air conditioner  This air conditioner is and still going strong for seven years.   Works like the day we purchased it. Kenmore built a very durable and reliable product.  I use this ac almost 24 hours a day all year long and it runs beautifully and cools my coop very well.  I highly recommend this brand.

Emily and Will New York City

Kenmore PlasMaire keeps it cool

from Dalton, GA

Comments about Kenmore PLASMaire Air Conditioner:

This air conditioner does a fantastic job of keeping it really cool. I think this is designed to just cool one room, but it cools my entire house and keeps it really cool. I love this air conditioner. The central A/C in my house has been acting funny so I just turn this one on and it cools the entire house. It isn't very big but it cools everything so well and works so efficiently that it amazes me. The filter is very easy to take out and clean, and this thing can get it as cool as you want it in your house. Turn it all the way down and put it on high and it will have you freezing. But it has a digital display so you can pick what temperature you want it and it does a good job getting it to and maintaining that temperature.

from Oklahoma City, OK

Comments about Kenmore PLASMaire Air Conditioner:

I have one of these in the window in my room and it works great. I can't keep it too cold in the house because I don't want my kids getting sick, but my wife and I can't sleep unless it is really cool. If it is too warm it gets sweaty and sticky and neither of us can sleep good because we get really restless and uncomfortable. We leave the main a/c on a temperature that isn't too cold for them and then this air conditioner gets our room really cold so we can bundle up under our comforter and sleep really well. It is a very efficient air conditioner and it works great for how much it cost. It isn't very big but it definitely packs a punch and makes it cold fast. It is a little loud, but we can't sleep if it's completely quiet anyways so it works to our advantage too.

This Kenmore Air Conditioner cools a lot

from Miami, FL

Comments about Kenmore PLASMaire Air Conditioner:

The Kenmore PLASMaire Air Conditioner is a really good air conditioning unit. I love the amount of breeze this air conditioner generates and it feels good to know that I have this air conditioner set at the temperature I want throughout the night. The Kenmore name is really good at developing quality air conditioning units and this one is a great product that lives up to the Kenmore name.  I love the fact that this air conditioner is very efficient and really powerful. The great thing about this little air conditioner is that it is really affordable and can do so much. I highly recommend this attractive air conditioner to my family and friends so that they can experience this incredible air conditioning unit for themselves. My old air conditioner was the worst air conditioner ever created in my opinion as it would make a ton of noise and would not function properly at all. I would constantly have to be adjusting the setting with my old air conditioner.

perfect for a medium sized room.

from Shrewsbury, MA

Comments about Kenmore PLASMaire Air Conditioner:

The PLASMair air conditioner does a good job cooling our home office.  It doesn't often get hot enough to need the AC here in Massachusetts, but when it gets up into to 90s, we couldn't get any work done without it.  Its not terribly loud and we've never had a problem with it so far (it's still under warranty).

do not buy this

from Newton, NC

Comments about Kenmore PLASMaire Air Conditioner:

I've only had this a few months and it has already stopped working.  The air conditioner itself worked fine.  It blew out nice, cold air and it is very efficient....when it actually works.  I'm very disappointed in this product and I will not be buying another one like it.

Great product....very satisfied

from San Jose, CA

Comments about Kenmore PLASMaire Air Conditioner:

I recently bought the **Kenmore PLASMaire Air Conditioner....its a great product and keeps the room cold and fresh. It was also very economical to buy. I am thinking of getting one for each room in the house. I looked a lot for ac, but this one caught my attention very fast and it had ood features. I liked that it wasnt too big or small...**

works great

from Orlando, FL

Comments about Kenmore PLASMaire Air Conditioner:

This kenmore air conditioner is great!   we have bought one to install into a bus that has been converted to a motorhome and it cools wonderfully!  i would recommend  to anyone and have recommended it to several people.  the vents adjust well and can keep air blowing to just about anywhere that you should need it.  the unit is not a very big unit but the efficiency of the unit is very good.  i am very very pleased with the unit.  i have no problems with any kind of noises or rattles it is actually a very quiet unit with a good fan to blow the cold air out.

The Kenmore Air Aconditioner 12,000 BTU great performance.

from Guaynabo, PR

Comments about Kenmore PLASMaire Air Conditioner:

This Kenmore  air conditioner is great!! I have used the unit in two different rooms in two different houses and in both cases the unit cools the room fast and maintain the temperature all the time.  Some times during early mornings got so cold that we have to put the temperature hotter so won't be so cold.  The only thing that I will prefer if the compressor will make less noise.  But if I have to cope with some noise and have the room cool this is the perfect unit for you.  Once my son forgot to turn it of and left the door of the bedroom open and when we came back the whole apartment was cold, not fresh was cold, and the unit didin't broke.  Its very easy to clean not so heavy if you have to carry to install it and the out side cover to protect the unit from weather is very strong and don't get rust very fast.  The painting used to paint the unit its a very good quality one because you can clean it constantly and does not wash out.  Also you can put some things in the top of the unit as photos and they don't affect the performance of it. The remote control doesn't  brake easily when you let it fall and have been fallen constantly from the hands of a kid.  So in that way they used a very good quality material to make it.