View more all in one printers

3.9

3.9

Pros

Cons

• Ink/Paper Use:

This Photosmart is nice, but be careful!

I have had this printer for just over a year and have not used it very much because my other printer is still working (I got this one free with my computer). Since my other printer is used primarily for black and white documents I would use this one for all of my color prints. This last summer I used it to print out some colored documents and right before printing I opened the ink cartridges and put them in. The printer worked perfectly and my images were clear and bright. Connecting to my computer was even easy! Then because I did not have any more colored documents to print for a while the printer sat without use for about three to four months. After this time period I tried printing some schoolwork and the black ink was all dried out resulting in images that looked like crap! I double-checked to make sure that the cartridges were loaded correctly and everything seemed normal. I'm not sure why the ink cartridge dried out, but needless to say I wasn't a bit pleased. Other than this problem the printer works like a charm. The built in scanner is really nice and I use it all the time. I also enjoy the touch screen technology, as it reduces the need to have buttons everywhere. Over all I really like this All-In-One, however I'm not fond of this drying out ink.

I'm not exactly sure how the internal components of this printer are fashioned, however the ink tends to dry out fairly quickly. I realize that I don't use the printer that often, but I know that other printers that I have used in the past (with the same or very similar intervals of usage) tend to keep the ink better. I find that I am always replacing the ink on this thing because it has allowed it to dry out!

HP Printer is good for the price

I purchased this printer about 2 years ago since my last "cheapo" printer gave up on me.  I have not had a minutes problem with this printer.  I have used it mainly for regular printing and copying, but I have also used it for picture printing and scanning.  I have used everything that this printer can do and it has lasted this long and is still going strong!  The colors are wonderful and it makes it very easy to use.  I wouldn't recommend it for printing ONLY pictures on it, since the picture side is a little lower quality, but it isn't bad at printing the pictures.  This is also the only printer I have tried to print pictures on as well, so I also don't have anything else to compare it to.  But, otherwise, this is worth every penny in my opinion.  It tells you on the computer screen how much ink is left while it is printing the current project which makes it easy to tell when it is time to get more ink.  The copy and scanning side of it is wonderful!  Half the time I can't even tell which was the original.  I would only trade this for another HP machine that includes a fax machine, with everything else that is with this one.  It can go through ink fairly fast though...that is my only downside to it.  But, you can also change it up to that instead of using the "standard", you can use the "economical" and it prints a lot faster and uses less ink.  The quality isn't as good, but it is still very readable and see-able.

Probably would not buy this again.

from Woodridge, IL

Comments about HP Photosmart C4680 All-In-One Printer:

This printer does the job as needed, but the software is awful and completely hijacks my computer half the time. It always sets itself as the default printer, which I don't want because I use this printer mainly for scanning. Half the time, I turn the printer on, and it says the device can't be read. I have a Dell Inspiron laptop (that I bought a year ago, so it's not super old). I have no problems with my Samsung laser printer that is about 5 years old with my laptop, but this HP all-in-one has software issues all the time.

Good solely for scanning. I really don't use it for printing, but when it works, the scanner does a fine job.

Copy Quality
Does fine for what I'm using it for (documents, some pictures).

Ink/Paper Use
For the little amount I use it, it's fine.

Once you get past the software glitches and can actually use it, it's generally pretty self-explanatory. There are a few little wonky settings it has, like adding "000001" to the end of the document's name, after you change the name, but it's fine.

Has held up well for a couple years so far.

The design is fine.

• Ink/Paper Use:

Give pleasures when we enjoy its Automation for good quality.

Comments about HP Photosmart C4680 All-In-One Printer:

Inkjet printing of photos is very good but the stability of colour ink on the paper not as good as it should be. I am not a regular user of such printers therefore i may have the technical deficiency to handle this problem. Any one to give answer?

• Ink/Paper Use:

This Photosmart is nice, but be careful!

from Pardeeville, WI

• Ink/Paper Use:

Wish I never would have bought it...

from Swannanoa, NC

Comments about HP Photosmart C4680 All-In-One Printer:

I haven't used it on anything photo-related, so my review might be biased. I just need something simple for a student workload, and this was the only printer available at the store I went shopping at. At first I was literally amazed at how fast it printed! However, "if it's too good to be true..." This is the only printer I've ever had that jams literally every other time I use it. I have a part-time job working on computers and printers so I know a fair amount about what makes them tick, and after almost taking this printer completely apart, I'm really upset that I even bothered buying it. I've talked to a lot of other people having problems with this printer jamming, and I'm guessing it's a mix between the printer itself and the fact that I use thicker paper to print double-sided. But what's the point in having a "photo" printer if it doesn't work well on thicker material?? Since I can't return it, I just have to settle for using the school's computer lab to print instead of frustrating myself over trying to work with this one. And be prepared to buy some ink...fast!

its a firecracker

from Wilson, NC

Comments about HP Photosmart C4680 All-In-One Printer:

this printer is nice while it works...like a firecracker .

i had mine just over a year and now the touchscreen is going wild on it

to my expectations, i found talk of this on hp website but no help or ideas

and complaints started from what i see around summer of last year

dont buy this product

HP PHOTOSMART C4680 ALL IN ONE PRINTER

from Mullica Hill, NJ

Comments about HP Photosmart C4680 All-In-One Printer:

I liked the idea that this printer does everything. It is a printer and a scanner and a copier. i just wish it was a fax machine too - that is what is misleading about the title "ALL IN ONE". As far as using the printer, it is really easy to use. The print features are easy to use - and it prints really fast. I have not printed any photos yet, but other friends who have the same printer say that the photo quality is good. There is a touch screen right on the printer that makes it easy to copy and scan. I was really disappointed in the paper tray. It does not hold much paper and on top of that there is no where for the printed copies to go when it prints, so the copies are usually all over when you are printing multiple pages. The ink cartridges are on the high side, so I usually leave it on fast draft quality to conserve ink. all in all for everyday printing for me - general letterwriting, coupons, printing articles, student papers, etc it is okay - but if you have heavy printing or are looking for more professional printing this would not be the printer for you.

nice but not the best

from Kutztown, PA

Comments about HP Photosmart C4680 All-In-One Printer:

This HP looks nice but isn't nearly as good as I thought it would be. I liked the advertisement and idea of having a printer and scanner all in one, but this thing drains ink like there's no tomorrow. Not worth the money I paid for it.

Had 3 HP printers fail on me in one year

from Los Angeles, CA

Comments about HP Photosmart C4680 All-In-One Printer:

As my title says, I have had three HP printers fail on me in one year. As you may guess, I no longer use HP printers anymore. This HP Photosmart C4680 sounds great on paper: It prints fast, is an All-in-One injet printer that does a lot more than printing, the quality of the print and copy is good etc. But, what good is all of these features if it is not reliable? The manufacturer's claims are meaningless if one cannot even get the printer to work correctly. I picked up this HP C4680 for graduate school here in Southern California. Well, I used it for maybe half a semester when it decided it was time for retirement. That is, this thing decided not to start on! Now it does not do this all the time but it is quite annoying when you have a term paper to print and it decides not to turn on. I made sure that it wasn't the AC adapter (it is not) and I hit the ON button multiple times to ensure that it is on. It is very annoying to have to run down to the library to make some basic prints, especially considering that this was a bit expensive for me.

Love my HP Photosmart Printer for my Home Office

from Minneapolis, MN

Comments about HP Photosmart C4680 All-In-One Printer:

I run a home business that requires that I have access to a printer and a scanner and a copier, but I didn't want to have my whole home feel like my office - which is what I was afraid would happen if I had to buy each of those things separately.  I was so excited when I found the HP Photosmart Printer in my target price range.  I was concerned that if I bought an all-in-one combo that it would be slow, or have such limited capabilities that it would be an all-in-nothing decision.  I am so happy to report that the HP Photosmart printer was a great decision and it more than meets my needs.  I can scan documents and still make adjustments to them, and the quality is great.  The hookup to my computer was a snap - the wireless works from all parts of my home, so I can even work in my jammies!  The printer is quiet and quick and the ink usage is right in line with other printers I have had in the past.  The copy function works great - and while it is single pages at a time, it is plenty for a small business.

A Printer for the Smart

from Longmeadow, MA

Comments about HP Photosmart C4680 All-In-One Printer:

I've had this printer in my house for about a year, though we've had to move it around the house twice now. As far as its printing capabilities I am impressed with the speed and quality of the print. The downsides though seem to maybe out way this positive. The printer is quite loud and if you are trying to do anything while printing, you can't. Another downside was my family ran into some problems setting it up on many different computers over a wireless network. I am not a hundred percent sure this was due to the printer but the software that it came with was not the most helpful software to use to troubleshoot our problem. The scanning, while loud, has worked fine as well as copying. Again maybe a software issue but getting the printer to scan directly to the computer had problems so we had to improvise using a memory card. Just a slight inconvenience to an overall good printer. I would recommend to someone who knows something about computers.