View more all in one printers

Other All-In-One Printers:
HP
Q5562A
HP Officejet 7310 All-In-One Printer

HP Officejet 7310 All-In-One Printer

I love my HP 7310 AIO device, but sniff, sniff no built-in wirel

***Bottom-Line:*** If you or a small workgroup need a scanner, copier, (photo) printer and fax, the **HP** **Officejet 7310 **should be given serious...Read complete review

***Bottom-Line:*** If you or a small workgroup need a scanner, copier, (photo) printer and fax, the **HP** **Officejet 7310 **should be given serious consideration.

I purchased an **Officejet 7310** for use in my home office a little over a year ago to replace an aging *Officejet d135*, whose faxing function only received, and whose warranty has long since expired.  Also, I wanted to place the **Officejet 7310** on the network and free up my workstation from print server duties.  And finally I wanted the ability to fax via the network, and send scan to attached workstations.  A tall order, all of which the **Officejet 7310** fulfills.

**The Product       **

The **Officejet 7310** is a multifunction printing device (compatible with PC as well as Macintosh) that allows you to print, scan, copy, and fax all from one unit.  The **Officejet 7310** has the added capability of printing photos directly from the unit and will accept input from all manner of removable and or portable memory devices including *SD Media, MultiMediaCard (MMC), **CompactFlash (I, II), Memory Sticks, SmartMedia, xD-Picture Card, *and* USB port* for connecting directly to a digital camera.

One difference here, unlike its big brother, the *Officejet 7410*, the **Officejet 7310** does not ship with an extra 250 sheet paper tray; nor does the **Officejet 7310** offer wireless networking.  The lack of these features was not an issue to me, since I do not need large capacity printing, and I can (reluctantly) live without wireless networking since I the printer is attached to a Linksys WRTAP-54G Wireless-G router/access point/hub.

Good news: Wired networking is built into the **Officejet 7310**; the machine has built-in 10/100 Ethernet port.  Once set up, computers speak directly to the printer abrogating the need for a dedicated print server, or sharing.  **Note:** *the ****Officejet 7310**** can also be connected directly to a PC via a USB cable (not included), in which case its printer functionality can be shared.*

The **Officejet 7310 **also features an** **automatic document feeder, copy collating, two-sided print, fax, copy and scan; copy, scan, and print up to legal size; and 150-sheet total input paper capacity.   The **Officejet 7310 **offers print and copy speeds up to 30 ppm black (econo), and up to 20 ppm color, with up to 4,800-optimized dpi color and laser-quality text.  Finally, the **Officejet 7310 **can fax in black and color and scan with resolutions of up to 2,400 x 4,800-dpi optical resolution scanning.

***In the box:***** **

- Power supply & Power cord;
- Phone cord;
- Ethernet cable

**Network Setup **

Before connecting the **Officejet 7310** to a computer (USB), or network (Ethernet), the decision must be made to utilize one or the other communications medium, but not both.  I installed the **Officejet 7310** on a network utilizing the standard 10/100 Ethernet port provided in the back of the unit.  I connected the unit to a standard 10/100 Ethernet port tied to my home network via a *Linksys **WRTAP-54G Wireless-G router/access point/hub*.

With the software is installed the workstation (via the network) will be able to print, scan, fax, and copy from the **Officejet 7310**.  Once the software is installed on a particular workstation, the **Officejet 7310** becomes aware of it and places it's (the workstation) name on a list accessible via the front panel of the printer.  This can be utilized when you want to scan or copy material and send it to your computer, or another computer on the network.  Gone is the need to set up the printer on a print server, assign it a port, and install drivers; the **Officejet 7310** and workstations now speak directly to one another as if there were connected via USB cable.

**Scanning**

Initialing the scanning process always has to start at the **Officejet 7310** control panel.  Once an item is placed either on the automatic document feeder (maximum 50 sheets), or directly on the scanner glass surface, you can push the *Scan To* button on the front panel, at which time you choose *Computers* from the list of choices, and then select the name of the computer you wish to send the scan to.  You can further denote which applications you want to scan into.

**Note:** during the install process, a list of applications will be transferred from your workstation to the **Officejet 7310** for this purpose.  After choosing an application-in my case *Adobe Acrobat 6.0 Professional*-you push either the black or color scan button to begin the process.  At this point a dialog box will appear on your computer screen relaying the progress of the scan.  When the scan is complete, the application you choose will initialize and the scan dropped into it. It's that simple!

Alternatively, you can choose to scan into a file, and after the scanning process is complete the HP Director will allow you to save the scan is one of several different formats, including .DOC, .PDF, .TIFF, .JPG, and .BMP.

**Copy Process**

This process, like printing is pretty straight forward; both color and black & white copies can be made, up to 99 at a time.  Because there is a duplexer installed two-sided copies can be made in a number of different configurations, including 1-side original/ 1-side copy; 1-side original/ 2-side copy; 2-side original/ 1-side copy; 2-side original/ 2-side copy.  Copies can also be enlarged up to 144%, or reduced down to 25% of original.

**Faxing**

Faxing from the **Officejet 7310** can be accomplished one of three ways; at the **Officejet 7310; **remotely via HP Director; or through an application on your workstation utilizing the *HP Officejet 7300 Series Fax* device installed in **Printers & Faxes.**  The last two methods provide the most control over the look and feel of the fax, including the ability to draw addresses fro a shared address book.  The **Officejet 7310** is capable of sending and receiving both color and black & white faxes at a speed of 33.6Kbs, and speed-dial preset are avail via the front panel of the printer.

**My Viewpoint **

Built-in wired Ethernet capability make the **Officejet 7310** a versatile, flexible unit that is ideal for a small workgroup setting; I wouldn't install the unit on a floor with more then ten users, the user listing might grow too large and confused to manage.  If you or your small workgroup need a scanner, copier, printer and fax, the **HP** **Officejet 7310 **should be given serious consideration.**  **

HP OfficeJet 7310 a Pretty Good All in One Printer

I have an HP OfficeJet 7310 All-In-One InkJet printer.  I'm satisfied with it.  It's not great by any means.  It's not bad either.  It has a lot of features; you scan stuff, you can copy stuff, you can fax stuff, you can load photos you want to print right onto it throught the SD card slots or USB ports.  That is very useful.  The quality of the prints is very good.  I've never had an issue with an image or whatever I'm printing being poor quality.  The copy feature is very useful especially if you have a small business.  The scanner is useful as well.  One of the better features on this all-in-one printer is that you can take the SD card from your digital camera and upload them right onto the printer and choose which and how you want to print your photos.  It eliminates the middle man of doing so through your computer.  You can also set this printer up to your home/office network and it wirelessly can print documents.  That's great if you use a laptop most of the time or have multiple computers in different areas of the home/office.   One of the downsides is this a very big and bulky machine.  It's heavy as well.  It's not a big deal, but something smaller would be great.  It does use ink fairly quickly, but when you print in color that happens.  This is certainly a printer that anyone can be satisfied with.  It is really great for folks with small businesses.

Avoid this product

from Los Angeles, CA

Comments about HP Officejet 7310 All-In-One Printer:

I seem to have horrible luck with HP printers. But, given what I have seen online and given what I have read from other HP printer owners, I do not feel it is anything I am doing. Rather, I feel that HP printers just have poor reliability issues. I do not drop, hit, or splash water on my printers. I am just as meticulous and careful with my printers as I am with my laptops and notebooks. I also do not use my printers every day, constantly like some people do. I require a printer to occasionally print some essays for me (I am in college) and to print some coupons occasionally. That is all I do with my printer realy as far as printing goes. Well, this one, regardless of what ink cartridge i give it, will always destroy the quality of the print by producing and pring a poor print job. I have cleaned the ink tips and I have swapped out the cartrdiges with brand new ones. At the moment, I am simply using the HP 7310 as a scanner to scan images into my computer--that's all it will do right now. A shame since this is supposed to be an all-in-one printer, not simply a scanner.

HP OfficeJet 7310 a Pretty Good All in One Printer

from Belleville, NJ

Comments about HP Officejet 7310 All-In-One Printer:

Do everything & save on your printing costs

from Colorado Springs, CO

Comments about HP Officejet 7310 All-In-One Printer:

This printer is great. The thing I like about this type of Printer is the Ink cartridges it uses. The print head is on the bottom of the cartridge so when you change your cartridges, you change the print head. I have saved a lot of money doing this, unlike canon & Brother where you have to change the print head by itself or you can not at all.

Hp office jet is really all in one

from New York, NY

Comments about HP Officejet 7310 All-In-One Printer:

I am using the HP Office Jet 7310 All - In - One for years now and i am very satisfied with it. Most of the days i am very busy in the office and i have to do the easy tasks very fast. Office Jet took of a lot of weight from my shoulder with the quick printing, faxing and copying. When i have hundreds of pages to copy i can just put the papers in the top feeder and i can leave the Office Jet working alone and i can do other tasks in the office.

The monitor is on the front is very clear and helpful. I can instantly see witch ink cartage is full or need change. I can read the printing, copying or faxing status too. Office jet has a very easy menu that everyone can master after one use.

I use scanning daly too and i am very happy that it takes a little time to scann pages into the computer.

I like the fact that i can put photo memory cards directly into the Office Jet and it will transfer all the pictures into the computer using a very easy program. I didnt need to instal a separate program for my camera and use extra cords. It makes my life much easyer.

The maintenance of the office jet is very easy too. The ink cartage is very easy to find and change it. Paper jam is not likely but when it happend the back cartage is easy to open and solve the problem.

I recommend this Office Jet to everyone.

H P Officejet 7310, the perfect home office accessory.

from Phoenix, AZ

Comments about HP Officejet 7310 All-In-One Printer:

Having been given a gift of the Hewlett Packard Officejet 7310, I, at first was concerned about the multi functional capabilities of this machine.  With some, copier-scanner-printer setups, you normally have great function on one or two of the accessories, and mediocre performance on the third.

However, after connecting and trying mine, I have found it to be a great asset in my home office. It has ease of use, and very simple steps to complete the jobs I require of it.  The scanning function is smooth, very good quality printing, and the copier, although not for high volumes of copies, is perfect for my 50-60 copies on occasion.

I would recommend purchasing this product as being an all around convenient part of my daily business activities without taking up too much room.

This printer does it all.

from Birmingham, AL

Comments about HP Officejet 7310 All-In-One Printer:

Although this printer is bulky, it does do everything without having to keep the instruction booklet open to complete a task.  The print quality is very good and the scanner is very each to use.  At times, I find myself lost when trying to send a fax, but I believe it is because I do not fax enough.  I would recommend this product to anyone who needs an "all in one".  HP is a known name and stands behind its products.

Great to have for printing those scrap book photos

from Lilburn, GA

Comments about HP Officejet 7310 All-In-One Printer:

I purchased the HP 7130 years ago to use in a small home office.  I was surprised to find that it was easy to use.  I am terrified by computer stuff.  I found that within a couple of minutes of looking at the back of the hard drive and plugging the cords in the right place I was up and running.

I sent a fax using the on-line service where you type what you want to send and scanned one in also.  No problems there.  I then played with the photo program and printed some of the most  beautiful pictures.  The colors were vibrant and editing was easy.

The paper trays were loaded with ease.  I used both standard and legal sizes.  Choosing the number of copies and sizes were done with easy to understand buttons to push.  I rarely experienced paper jams even with the less expensive paper used.

Due to my error one of the print heads needed to be replaced.  I did have to order it on-line.  But I popped out the old one and popped in the new one.  It calibrated itself.  The same with changing ink cartridges.

I wish this was still on the market.  I have seen updated versions and recommend this to anyone.

I really like my HP Officejet 7310 all-in-one it does everything

from Madras, OR

Comments about HP Officejet 7310 All-In-One Printer:

I have had this printer for about 5 years and have never had any problems with it.  It loads very easily on new computers and doesn't jam the paper or take alot of ink.  I would greatly recommend it.

I love my HP Officejet 7310 Printer !!

from Fernley, NV

Comments about HP Officejet 7310 All-In-One Printer:

I love my HP Officejet 7310 all in one printer ! I have tried many of the other brands and I always go back to HP printers.  This model prints awsome pictures.  I have had this printer for 4 years now and it is going strong.  I do alot of printing and an awful lot of pictures and some of the pictures I took I have framed because they looked so good.  I know a lot depends on the camera but the printer plays an important part also.  The print cartridges are a little spendy, but worth it.  I purchased the wireless adapter when I got my wireless desk top and it also works great.  And the duplex is extremely helpfull and saves on paper.  I also like the direct picture printing and the memory cards is great because it accepts the different sizes.  I will continue to purchase the HP Printers because of the reliability of their products.  In fact I purchased a desk top from them 2 years ago and it is still working like new.  I would definately tell people to purchase HP products.

Going out of style

from Dallas, TX

Comments about HP Officejet 7310 All-In-One Printer:

The doc feeder on top is a little hard to access during a paperjam. Also, the copier needs more than one invitation at times to do his work...... other than that, I'm about to upgrade to a newer model printer