View more all in one printers

4.1
Other All-In-One Printers:
HP
Q7311A
HP Officejet 5610 All-In-One Printer

HP Officejet 5610 All-In-One Printer

4.1

Convenient, high performance and user-friendly

The HP 5610V All-in-One printer is definitely one with which you would be very satisfied; it features a fax, scanner, copier and, of course, a printer, all in one convenient package. I like the lift-up lid element of it, which is similar in look to a regular scanner. Also, it is very easy to configure, and the walk-through part very straightforward. I mostly use my HP 5610V for faxing and copying, but recently, I have started using it more for the scanner -- making soft copies of receipts that I return for reimbursement, or important documents like insurance certificates, birth certificates, etc., and then storing the originals at my bank. I also like HP's regular updating feature -- which ensures that any changes to drivers are not forgotten and downloaded in a timely manner. Overall, I had looked at a number of different printers -- some less expensive, others two or three times the price, and I settled with this one -- most of my peripherals, including my PC are HP, as I like their website and customer service -- you really can't go wrong with this one!

Customer service is the biggest reason NOT to buy HP printers

I bought a HP Officejet 5610 All-in-One after my mom did. She had done all the research online and determined that this was a reliable, cost-effective printer that served all of her needs (everyday printing, printing quality photos, scanning, faxing). I followed her lead since she had already done the research and we had similar printing needs. For about a month, I was very happy and everything worked well. Then I was suddenly unable to scan. I kept getting a message that my scanning software was not installed properly. (It had worked fine up until then). I uninstalled and reinstalled the printer three times to no avail. My mom had just had the same problem and told me that she had called HP customer service and that they had downloaded some software patch to her computer which fixed the problem. She warned me that she had to call and hang up several times before she spoke with someone whose English she could understand. I called at about 9pm after I put the kids to bed and explained my problem. I could not understand the man at all. He kept having to spell out words to me ("E as in Edgar"), but unfortunately I couldn't even understand his spelling words! He tried about 3 different things that didn't work. I explained that my mom had the same problem and suggested that he try whatever fixed hers. Eventually I had to call her on 3-way so he could look up her call record. He STILL refused to try what had fixed hers. I cannot explain the frustration I underwent during this 3 HOUR CALL THAT NEVER FIXED THE PROBLEM. I didn't understand anything he said, and I was never sure if he understood me. Finally, at about midnight, with my head throbbing, I hung up on him in the middle of his sentence. The problem is still not fixed. I cannot scan, and I can't stomach calling HP customer service again. I will never buy another HP for this reason. I have always liked their printers, but I have found that if you DO have a problem, getting help is not worth giving up your sanity.

HP OfficeJet 5610 Printer Excellent Value

from West Hartford, CT

Comments about HP Officejet 5610 All-In-One Printer:

My wife and I have had the HP OfficeJet 5610 Printer for several years now and have been very pleased with it. The ink costs are not too bad, and it seems like it is not a glutton for ink like so many other printers. The one problem we have had with it was with the software for the scanner. For some reason, we kept getting error messages on the printer screen saying there was no connection with the computer every time we tried to scan a document or a photo. Eventually, we finally broke down and reinstalled the software, and since then there has been no problem. I cannot say for certain that our computer played no role in the problem, so I'm not putting all the blame on HP for this issue. I also like that it is very easy to change from color to black and white and to reduce the points-per-inch on a print job in an effort to save on ink costs. I hope this unit continues its good work, but even if it does break down, we will feel confident in buying another HP printer.

Great printer/scanner

from Saint Paul, MN

Comments about HP Officejet 5610 All-In-One Printer:

My wife and I purchased this printer as our first office printer for our home about five years ago. We wanted a color printer that could also scan documents and pictures. We have been very impressed so far for several reasons. First, the printer prints high quality and high resolution pictures that we take with our digital camera. We often print our own instead of having a service do it for us. You just need to buy a good quality photo paper. So far, we haven't noticed any fading of pictures we printed a few years ago. The other feature of this printer/scanner that we like is the scanner function. We've used for a variety of purposes like scanning old photographs and documents to be saved and sent as pdf. This device also has a fax function which we do not use. However a realtive of ours has the same device and loves having the capability of faxing, since he often works from home. So far we've had no mechanical problems with the printer breaking down or going berzerk. I would definately recommend!

hewlett packard officejet 5610v best copier fax and scanner

from Port Orange, FL

Comments about HP Officejet 5610 All-In-One Printer:

the best copier scanner and fax machine i have ever used. the machine does great on all levels of printing photos and emails. the fax part is simple and easy to use. the copier works great on line and offline. the price of the all in one was very reasonable. set up was easy to do.the hewlett packard officejet 5610vis a great value for the money paid

If you haven't heard, you were not suppose to know!

from Jacksonville, FL

Comments about HP Officejet 5610 All-In-One Printer:

I truly enjoy my HP Officejet. I realize it is an older model, yet it works great and I continue to receive technical support and supplies to help me to produce.

HP updates their products which still allows me to use with my Officejet, I don't feel outdated nor un-creative.

It is user friendly and works very well

from Washington, DC

Comments about HP Officejet 5610 All-In-One Printer:

This is the the second HP printer I've bought. I loved the first one because it was easy to install and use. It prints in great color. The printer is easy to use and the buttons are easy to understand. I love my new printer just as much I loved my first one. I'm an HP user for life.

good value and pretty functional for home.

from Pomona, CA

Comments about HP Officejet 5610 All-In-One Printer:

the chassis construction is a little flimsy, and the paper advancing mechanism sounds like a garbage truck driving thru the office, but ok other than that. andi guess that i may be upgrading to a HP sixthousand level after this one. the inkjet cartridges arent too bad as long as you dont get them at staples or something like that.

Inexpensive all in one that does the job without any hassle

from San Diego, CA

Comments about HP Officejet 5610 All-In-One Printer:

This and other HP all-in-ones are inexpensive ways to get scanner, fax, copier (color and b/w) in a compact decent machine. It is a bit slow, and some of that may have to do with some issue of interactions between it's programming and Windows Vista, although I don't have huge needs.  Anything that seems to give me a difficult time I seem to be able to by pass and manage manually. This may be more of a problem with my feeder, but while the fax feeder works great with different papers and always feeds one at a time, the paper feeder for copies often leads to corners getting crinkled or folded once in the machine. Not enough though to warrant a full scale investigation and "fix it" episode, but enough that it is hard to get a "perfect copy". Wouldn't use to do photo printing, but the image quality is close to that good!

Don't buy this printer to use with a windows Vista system!

from Holt, MI

Comments about HP Officejet 5610 All-In-One Printer:

Even though I bought this printer in a pkg bundle from HP.com, this printer is only 50% compatible with a Vista system.  HP did not bother to screen this.  They should have notified me that most of the "on" printer function buttons would not work when paired with a Vista system.  Would not buy this printer again or recommend to anyone.

Unreliable printer

from Reidsville, NC

Comments about HP Officejet 5610 All-In-One Printer:

I have had nothing but problems with this printer from day one.  I have installed and uninstalled this printer trying to get it to work correctly.  But it still continues to lock up the computer sometimes in the middle of printing.  I would not recomment this printer to anyone.

HP Officejet All in One

from Rindge, NH

Comments about HP Officejet 5610 All-In-One Printer:

**I have had this all in one for about 3 years and it was a great investment.  It is a copier, fax, printer and scanner.  It was not expensive and hardly ever jams.  Great for home or small business use.  It is an inkjet, so, if you print a lot, it may not be for you (the ink does not last long is can be costly).  I really like this one!**

**Great printer & copier for the average home usage, fax and scanner work great, too.  It is not too large, either, so will fit in an average space.  Uses regular paper.**