View more inkjet printers

HP InkJet Photo Printer

HP InkJet Photo Printer

Great Inkjet Printer!

Comments about HP InkJet Photo Printer:

I have owned this printer for over 5 years and it is still going strong! Before owning my HP Deskjet D4160, I would go through a printer every 6-12 months. This has been the most reliable printer I have ever owned. I would definitely recommend HP to anyone looking to purchase a new printer.

The printer performs well, rarely jams and never has software issues.

Copy Quality
The printer prints in good quality in both black & white and in colour.

Ink/Paper Use
The printer performs well on different sizes and types of paper, including photo paper. It does go through ink quickly while printing coloured pictures.

The printer allows for easy installation of ink cartridges, as well as paper.

I have owned the printer and used it on a weekly basis for 5 years and I've never had anything on it break.

The design is good overall. Occasionally it does jam with paper, but besides that, it is designed well.

• Copy Quality:
  • Ink/Paper Use:

Hewlett Packard D4160 InkJet Photo Printer is easy to use.

from Hermiston, OR

Comments about HP InkJet Photo Printer:

I have purchased many printers over time and when I bought the Hewlett Packard D4160 InkJet Printer, I found it to be the best one of my purchases.  I take a lot of photos and found the camera options that came with the printer to be easy to understand and use.  All ports and buttons are easy to access.  The paper is easy to load.  The printing quality is great.  I have printed many pictures with this printer and find it to be economical.  The only drawback I discovered was in the ink.  The original HP ink cartridges work great and do what they are suppose to.  My problem came when I bought some generic refilled cartridges.  HP had included a warning to not use any ink but theirs.  The quality of printing after using generic cartridges was poor.  The quality never got better even after I went back to buying original HP ink cartridges.  Even though the cartridges are pricey, don't sacrifice quality for price in this instance.

• Copy Quality:
  • Ink/Paper Use:

HP Deskjet Printer not so great

from Louisville, KY

Comments about HP InkJet Photo Printer:

I can't say I'm very happy with our printer. It's been very unreliable more recently. It started out fine - at the beginning it was a fast and good printer. Unfortunately, though, it seems to have gotten a mind of it's own. I can't rely on it, because I may need to print something and it will just stop working. We had bought a refurbished refill cartridge and have had even more problems ever since. At the moment, it works but seems to go through ink very fast. I just wish it were more dependable, sometimes you need to be able to count on your printer and unfortunately we're not able to. I think I'll go with a different brand the next time we buy one. Maybe we just got a lemon?? I don't know.

lasts a LONG time

from Fort White, FL

Comments about HP InkJet Photo Printer:

I have been using this printer for YEARS. The quality of the ink is great, and I have always felt that the ink lasts a long time. I am a couponer, which means I am constantly printing coupons from my printer. This printer has been able to keep up with my frequent printing. I like that if there is a paper jam, which is not common, I can take the back off the printer and pull the paper out. It isn't hard to change the paper cartridges either. The paper is easy to load, and comes out clean.

HP Deskjet D4160 printer - small inexpensive recommend

from Butte, MT

Comments about HP InkJet Photo Printer:

I recommend the Hewlett Packard HP Deskjet D4160 printer. This is a small, reliable, and inexpensive printer. The printer has lasted much longer than I had expected. I have had it about three years. I have had no problems with it. I have an Internet business and work from home. I do a lot of printing of all types of items. But I do not need a fancy printer or an all in one device. I print many mailing labels and the printing quality is excellent and the ink does not smear.

The printer needs two ink cartridges - one black and one colored. The ink is not too expensive. Better than most. It is light weight and easy for me to carry wherever I need it. You can specify how many copies you want of each document. You can print on letter size or legal size paper, can print on both sides of the paper. Also you can choose between four different printing qualities.

When I need a new printer, I will look for one very similar to this one. I highly recommend it.

Inexpensive, small, and reliable

from Middletown, VA

Comments about HP InkJet Photo Printer:

Great little printer for the price.  If all you need is a printer, you should consider this one.  Small, dependable, and the ink isn't too pricey either!  I bought one for me and one as a gift and they're both still going strong after 3 years.

dependable

from West Covina, CA

Comments about HP InkJet Photo Printer:

I have purchased 2 HP deskjet and inkjet printers.  The first printer under warranty when I could not be helped online or by phone did not live up to its warranty.  I did register it online when i bought it.  Over the phone after they could not help me they analysed that it was defective.  They immediately sent me by USPS a brand new printer with a new warranty.  I did not even have to return the defective printer.  They live up to their warranties and reputation.

Keeping this in mind and their free online help as a satisfied customer I bought a 2nd HP deskjet 20 months ago.  I have had no problems with it yet.  But I am sure when the warranty has expired and it has outlived its life I will again buy Hp printers.  I only use the basic printer for printer college reports and occasional online coupons.  I am not a heavy user of printers.  With both printers I have spend more money on ink cartridges than the printers.

our hp D4160 inkjet printer is the longest lasting and best buy

from Littleton, NC

Comments about HP InkJet Photo Printer:

Our hp D4160 inkjet printer is the best we have ever had, we have had other brands of printers but they didn't run as smoothly or as good a print quality as this one! we have had our hpD4160 for 12 months now and it is still going strong.