Other All-In-One Printers:

HP Deskjet 3050a e-All-In-One Printer

Pros

Cons

HP Deskjet 3050 - Reliable and easy Setup

My old printer finally died after 10 years - and thousand of pages of use. So began the quest for a new printer. I finally settled on the HP 3050 because my old printer was an HP and it lasted so long. It also fit in to my budget and the features I was looking for.

The setup on this one was very easy. The hardest part for me was finding my WEP key so I could enable the wireless printing. Since we have several computers in the house, that was a great bonus feature on this printer that was lacking on my old one.

The feeder on this one works great, and it prints much more quickly than previous one. Ink cartridges were easy to install and the on printer screen for setup and troublshooting is very nice to have. The scanner works well, and I really like having a flatbed scanner/copier feature. The copies come out clear and crisp and the color is vivid. I have not used this for photo printing, so I cannot comment on that.

On the downside, HP printer ink is usually expensive. I haven't had to replace the cartridges yet so I don't knwo how much it is going to cost me. Also, it doesn't hold a lot of paper so I am reloading it a lot. But, I print a lot.

A Solid Affordable All-in-One Printer - When it Works.

When the printer works, it works great but overall it's just caused too many problems. It took a while to get it set up for wireless printing. Once the wireless printer was set up it continues to show up as "Unrecognized" on different computers. It will be recognized by the desktop and laptop. Then a couple of days later it's as if I never set up the wireless function and it doesn't show up on any of my computers, laptop, desktop, or tablet. Then I have to re-install and reset all of my settings.

The printer works great and I would say it even prints faster than it's rated, but only when it's connected directly to the computer. Using the wireless settings it disappears and needs to be re-installed way too often. Also, I try not to use color ink and if I print a page that is all black and white, it uses color it to make it some sort of dark blue color. The ink cartridges need replaced often and are not cheap. I set it to only print in black and white and change the settings if needed, but every time it disappears and needs to be re-installed I have to reset the printer settings. Overall the wireless printing options have become too much of a headache and I no longer use it and that was the main reason I purchased the printer.

Copy Quality
It makes quality copies and is very easy to select to copy in black and white which saves money on the color ink cartridges. Makes black and white copies quicker than the rating.

Ink/Paper Use
The printer uses way too much color ink if you do not select black and white printing or copying. A paper that appears to be in all black and white will print in a dark blue and uses the color cartridges up too quick. The color ink is expensive to replace.

It would be easy to use if you only needed to install the wireless options once, but as I've mentioned, the printer goes offline and is unrecognized and needs to be re-installed every few days. I no longer use the wireless printing as it is no longer worth the fight.

I print a lot but I have not had any issues with paper jams or paper feed. It's easy for a small printer to have build up on the feeder or even dirt/dust can cause it to feed incorrectly and jam up, but I have not had that issue with this printer.

The printer looks great and the push button options are easy to use. Easy to select the options you want. It is designed well and looks great.

So easy and quick to use !!

Comments about HP Deskjet 3050a e-All-In-One Printer:

For someone who is looking to print at a more basic level (great for students), this printer is perfect! I am working on a masters degree and this little all in one device is perfect! I can print from anywhere in my apartment since it's wireless and I can easily edit documents my teacher sends me for my online classes using the scan feature. The copy feature is really nice when you need to send someone a copy of something, but want to hold onto the original - just put the paper in where the paper goes and click the copy button and you have an exact duplicate in a matter of seconds!

Another thing to note is the ink for HP printers seems to priced at a moderately lower price than most other companies and is also easy to find. The only complaint I have is when I put new ink in the printer, it sometimes wants to continually do a paper alignment test, which can be both time consuming and a waste because it uses both your ink and paper to do so.

Overall though, this little thing is great for a low price and is really easy to find because so many different retailers sell it.

Sturdy little printer.

Comments about HP Deskjet 3050a e-All-In-One Printer:

I purchased this printer for my son about a year ago. He is in school and it suits all of his needs. He works on his school projects and prints copies for class. I have used it several times myself. I have used it to print high definition photos when I was unable to make it to the store to do so. IT does a great job of reproducing laboratory quality photos. It does however make some great looking photos at a negative cost of the ink. This unit uses a two cartridge system with the 61 black and the 61 color cartridges. They are mediocer at best for their ink capacity and a bit expensive for what you get. I do my best to purchase them in the extra large capacity or in the combination kits. This does offset some of the costs but overall the cartridges are not that amazing. My overall impression of this printer are good for the market it is meant to be in. I think it is great for a school student, but definitely not what I would recommend for a family or a working professional.

Printing/Scanning/Fax Made easy

Comments about HP Deskjet 3050a e-All-In-One Printer:

What ease. I can get all of my work done at my desk with this beast. I don't even have to plug my media into the computer anymore, that is a huge plus. Now the printer can pretty much operate on its own and no more bulky programs that slow up the process. If I need a job done quickly, I simply plug my media in and print. Done in 2 minutes. This printer is excellent.

• Ink/Paper Use:

A Solid Affordable All-in-One Printer - When it Works.

Pretty nice printer

Comments about HP Deskjet 3050a e-All-In-One Printer:

I bought this printer about 2 years ago. I use it to print regular stuff along with a lot of pdf sewing patterns so this printer sees a lot of use in my house. I have it hooked up with the wireless setting which is nice since I could also print something from my tablet if I wanted to. I haven't printed pictures with it yet so I can't comment on how well it does for that. The menu is easy to navigate and the screen is easy to read. I like that I can also copy and scan with this printer as those are options I also use frequently. I haven't had any problems with the paper not feeding through correctly after about 6 months of use like I've had with other printers I've bought. I have had issues lately with the printer not connecting wirelessly to the computer, but that could be an issue with the computer and not the printer. This doesn't seem to be an ink hog like other printers I've had-I don't have to buy ink very often anymore even though I'm printing a lot.

My HP Deskjet printer

Comments about HP Deskjet 3050a e-All-In-One Printer:

My over all view, The printer is good everything comes out looking good even pictures. But after owning for about 9 months it started having problems. Always have to mess with every thing to get it to work and it has got worse and worse..

But only for the first couple months.

Copy Quality
Only for the first couple months.

Ink/Paper Use
Paper use is just fine.. I feel like we go through LOTS of ink..

Simple to use at first but after couple months you have to mess with it before it will even work.

Its smaller.. Nice if you don't have a lot of room.

Great Printer, Copier and Scaner

Comments about HP Deskjet 3050a e-All-In-One Printer:

The HP Deskjet 3050a e-All-In-One Printer is a printer, scanner, and copier. This printer is great when you need to print, scan or copy something. This printer is easy to set up for me at least i know some people had a problem setting it up. The copier and scanner really help me out more than i thought it would. It comes with 2 ink cartridge one black and one color. Over all this is a very good printer.

Prints fast and efficiently, copy's fast and high quality, Scans very fast.

Copy Quality
very nice copy quality, the copied things look liked the actual thing.

Ink/Paper Use
ink last a long time. the paper depends on how much you print

printing is easy to use when you plug the printer in to your computer via USB but is does get confusing when you try to use E-print or print wireless.

When i was taking the printer out of the box I dropped it pretty hard and it still works very well

nice design fits perfect on any desk.

Really good printer

from Florida

Comments about HP Deskjet 3050a e-All-In-One Printer:

I bought this printer because I wanted to do a lot of printing from many different devices and got sick of having to run to my desktop just to print something. So I opted to get a wireless printer. I chose this one specifically because it takes a very inexpensive ink cartridge. I have had it for nearly a year now and it works great! The prints always come out good, the one thing that has me a bit concerned is that the printer paper tends to get jammed. It didn't do that nearly the entire time I had it, but for some reason it started to do that. So I just monitor it while a print is coming out. The one other thing that I noticed that started happening recently is that when printing wirelessly from the other desktop in my home, it is very delayed and sometimes just will not print. which can be a big pain. But I always am able to print wirelessly from my iPhone or iPad. So I'm not sure what that is about. But overall it is a really good printer.

The scanning capability is really handy, No need to click anything on your computer to scan it to it. You only need to use the small screen on the printer to have a scan sent to your computer. It also has a copy function which is great if you need copies of a print or document.

Overall it is great, it prints excellent.

comes out great!

Ink/Paper Use
The only issue is occasional paper jams, but it does not make it a bad product.

After reading the directions, it is pretty easy to set up and use.

Quite a bulky printer, but not as bulky as some other brands.

• Ink/Paper Use:

We use it for everything!

Comments about HP Deskjet 3050a e-All-In-One Printer:

We have owned this HP All-In-One Printer for many years now. We regularly use it for faxing and copying and of course printing. We have never had a fax not go through or have someone complain that the fax was unreadable. We frequently copy stuff to have for our side business and the copies are great, very readable and useful. Our cartridge lasts a long time and we like how we can shake the cartridge and still get a LOT of use out of it.... This is a great printer for the price and we use it so often with great results and we have had it a long time.

Noisy but fast

from Apache Junction, AZ

Comments about HP Deskjet 3050a e-All-In-One Printer:

This printer seems to be great. Not too heavy, very easy to install and comes with a calendar app.

No problems, works very good

Copy Quality
great for copying as well as printing

Ink/Paper Use
Ink is not too expensive, have not used it enough to know how long it will last

had it 2 weeks and it still works fine