View more inkjet printers

CB770A
HP D1660 InkJet Printer

HP D1660 InkJet Printer

3.4

The HP D1660 is a great printer for every day use at home.

The HP D1660 InkJet printer is a great little printer for a family for everyday use.  Our family doesn't print a lot of things everyday, but when we do print something it does a good job.  The printer itself is small, which is nice because you don't need a lot of room for it on either a computer desk or a table.  It is also very easy to use, and software installation was as easy as ever.  The documents that we have printed from this unit have looked nice, both in black and white, and in color.  We haven't had any trouble with feeder paper getting jammed or sticking, which was a big problem with our last printer.  Also, the printer itself is pretty fast, and doesn't make very much noise while it is printing.  We bought this printer because it was not very expensive, and the ink cartridges for it are cheaper then some of the other printers, but we couldn't have picked out a better printer for our family.  I would recommend this printer to anyone who is looking for a inkjet printer for their family to use.

Nothing but problems

We bought our hp printer to go with our hp desktop. We've had nothing but trouble since we got it. We keep getting spool errors or the computer somehow loses the printer. It will not print anything off the internet, everything we print we have to download to our computer or we just don't print it. We bought the print about a month ago and have had to reinstall it several times since trying to get everything to work properly. We've used it very little and have already managed to run out of ink.  I would definitely not recommend this printer. We bought it for the same reason most people do, it was cheap. I've always heard you get what you pay for, and this printer has definitely lived up to the saying.  They use to make things that lasted, now they make things that don't last long so they profit more!

Good quality for just printing.

from Huntington, IN

Comments about HP D1660 InkJet Printer:

I have owned this printer for just over 1 year. I purchased it to do basic printing. I chose this printer because of the cheap initial price in comparison to other basic printers. The ink does not last as long as I would I expected which leads me to believe I sacrificed ink quality for the cheaper initial investment cost. The paper jams frequently which wastes my time with having to unjam the paper and sometimes yank paper from the back of the printer. As the printer feeds itself paper for a print job, it makes a terribly loud machine gun sound for approximately 2 seconds and then pulls the paper in for a print. I have never used the printer for high quality prints such as pictures, just basic prints-both black & white and color. When I purchase my next printer, I will most likely look for a model that offers copying and scanning as well as printing, better longevity with ink, low ink cost, and just an overall higher quality product.

• Copy Quality:
  • Ink/Paper Use:

HP D1660 Inkjet Printer is nice

from Auburn, NY

Comments about HP D1660 InkJet Printer:

I have the HP D1660 InkJet printer and it has fulfilled its purpose for me. I print a lot of coupons so when I decided on this printer, I chose it for two main reasons. (1) It was cheap and (2) the ink is inexpensive. We also have another printer but primarily use the HP D1660. It is cheap to use and we are able to set the printer settings to grayscale in order to use the black ink (mainly). We were unable to do that with our other printer. Since color ink is a little bit more expensive, this saves us even more money. The ink lasts a pretty good amount of time considering I print A LOT. It does its job.

I will say, however, that I had this same printer (HP D1660) before and it didn't last that long (maybe 7 months). It just stopped working one day and my husband couldn't fix it. But it was cheap enough that I just went out and purchased another. For me, it is worth it and seems cost effective. The brand new printer also comes with ink so that makes it worth it too. Overall I like this printer. I don't have to worry about printing a lot on it because it wasn't expensive and if it breaks, oh well, I am not going to fret over it, but for what I am printing, I do not need a super high quality expensive printer.

Happy with this purchase. =)

• Copy Quality:
  • Ink/Paper Use:

Looks good but that's about it

from Schenectady, NY

Comments about HP D1660 InkJet Printer:

I purchased this printer about a year ago. I am pretty loyal to HP. I have a HP laptop and have had HP printers in the past.

This printer is just dreadful. Every 3 or 4 pages the rollers just dont take the paper and then thats it. You have to restart your pc and printer to clear it from the memory. The only way i get it to print is to feed a single sheet at a time and gently 'nudge' the sheet of paper onto the rollers. Okay if you print one or two pages a month but useless if you are trying to print a 30 page document.

Do not buy this printer.

Matt

HP D1660 Ink Jet Printer does the job.

from Houston, TX

Comments about HP D1660 InkJet Printer:

The printer I was using quit so I bought an HP D1660 Ink Jet Printer to replace the old one. It was very inexpensive and does a great job. The printer is compact, speedy, easy to load the paper and the printer cartridges. I'm not sure if it would be good for photographs but since I do not copy the, it is not an issue. I have been using the HP D1660 Ink Jet Printer for the past three weeks and am very pleased. I mainly use it to print coupons and offers from manufacturers as well as an occasional e-mail which I want in hard copy. I am quite pleased with the copies and the speediness of the machine. I would not recommend the HP D1660 Ink Jet Printer if you have a home office and print complicated jobs or want to scan or copy documents but if you are an individual user and casual user, I would highly recommend it. It does the job, is very expensive and is quite compact. They have a registration system so if you have problems, you can contact the manufacturer.

HP D1660 is no good

from Columbia, SC

Comments about HP D1660 InkJet Printer:

The HP D1660 Injet Printer is a waste of money in my opinion. The price is very reasonable price but you get what you pay for in my cases. I didn't bother to look up reviews on this before purchasing because we were in desperate need of a printer but didn't have much money to spend at the time! I do have to say that we have at least gotten our money's worth as it has worked. The problems we've been having is it randomly not working, restarting the computer doesn't always do the trick, sometimes it takes several times of restarting the computer before it starts working. If the ink low indicator comes on, sometimes it doesn't print because it is assuming there is no ink, when in fact there is plenty of ink left to print a few more pages. The power button doesn't always work, if it starts flashing indicating there is problem, I have tried to press the power button to turn it off, normally this does nothing and the power button continues flashing! This HP printer has been quite the headache and has failed me at the most important times, I will do better research next time before purchasing a cheap printer such as this one!

HP D1660 is a home friendly printer

from Houston, TX

Comments about HP D1660 InkJet Printer:

HP Deskjet D1660 is the printer we use at our home right now.I got it at a very good price,its very much worth the price.I used it almost for an year,it worked with some minor problems.Sometimes the paper jam occurs which can be corrected.We had not had any serious problems other than that.I use it mostly for printing coupons and email certificates,confirmations and some driving directions.It works very good with such small prints.If you want print outs in bulk,this is not the right printer for you.Also we ran out of the ink pretty sooner.Coming to print quality,it really prints very neatly and clearly.It is also a fast printing machine.The printer is very light to carry,even I do not need my husband to change its place,can do it myself.Its also userfriendly printer.Of all the positive things its very cheap and best for printing small documents.To prevent paper jam,see that you do not feed two prints at a time.But the cartridge I bought is almost as pricey as the printer.Anyways its good for its price.

HP Deskjet D1660 is a good printer for the price

from Bangor, ME

Comments about HP D1660 InkJet Printer:

This printer is a good printer for the price. I didn't expect much from a cheap printer, but it prints fairly good quality prints and the ink goes a long way. I have actually purchased two of these printers, and that's the major flaw for me with cheap printers. The fact that purchasing a new printer that comes with ink cartridges is cheaper than buying two new ink cartridges on their makes it hard to justify buying the ink cartridges. This leads to guilt, because it's terrible for the environment! I would much prefer for cheap printers to either not come with ink cartridges, to come with "sample" cartridges, or, preferably, for the ink cartridges to be, at the very least, the same price as the printer. Eventually, I'm sure the printer companies will get a grip on this issue, and we will see more and more printers being shipped without ink cartridges, which isn't ideal by any means, but will at least be better for our planet.

HP InkJet Printer D1660

from Wichita, KS

Comments about HP D1660 InkJet Printer:

I bought this printer just for the need to randomly print when at home. Printer is great for small print files, but not for the larger ones of 25+, just for knowing it would take up much of the ink. Printer prints fast and does its purpose for the price paid.

This printer works well after some maintenance.

from Tampa, FL

Comments about HP D1660 InkJet Printer:

This printer was a gift to me about a year and a half ago, and thus far it is sustaining. About every three times I print, I need to restart my computer when trying to print due to an error, which can be really annoying for people with slow computers. The picture quality is very poor on this printer also, even with high quality photo paper. However, being a college student, this printer works out well for me. The ink lasts a long time, and when printing basic documents, it works well. It doesn't print exceptionally quickly, but it isn't too slow either. I don't know that I would recommend this to someone else, but for it's price, the price of ink, and how long it has lasted me, it is worth it. I rarely get a paper jam, but more often than not, there is a problem with the ink when I am trying to print, even right after replacing the cartridges. Overall though, this is not a bad printer for the cost.

HP D1660 InkJet Printer...plain and simple.

from Mullins, SC

Comments about HP D1660 InkJet Printer:

The Hp D1660 Inkjet Printer was purchased for me as a gift.  For the most part, it works fairly decently.  There are problems with the power switch and having to turn it off and on.  There have also been problems with the system hanging up when given the option to print from my computer.  And it takes forever to fix the problem or to get it to begin printing again.  The software that comes with the printer has a quick print option.  You just click and drag your item into the box and pick the size of the picture that you need to print.  I tried this a few times and the sizes never actually measure up to what I needed.  They were either way to large or beyond small.  It is plain and very simple.  There is not much to the design and it doesn't offer any other options but to print.  If you have to have a scanner or a copier and fax, I don't recommend this printer because it doesn't have those features.  It is very compact and not big and bulky like many printers.  While being small and prints really well as far as quality, I wouldn't have purchased this printer for myself.  I don't think this is one of HP's better designs.  The price is cheap enough, but I think more could have been added to this printer to make it more efficient for all the needs that many people have today.