Other Snowblowers:

Greenworks 20" 12 Amp Snow Blower

Pros

Cons

Great Buy!

I'm a stay at home mom and when my husband finally comes home he is usually very tired from work and when my daughter isn't attached to me i usually can't do a whole driveway and sidewalk without hurting myself. So one day we decided to go out and FINALLY buy a snow througher and bought this one. It's been so easy to use and so convient i LOVE IT! It's also great because it's easy enough for me to use and it's been so easy for my husband that he doesn't mind doing it when he gets home from work which is also nice too. The 12 amp motor is a very great feature because it adds so much tork to the snow througher that it can pick up the snow with ease and percision. The results have been fantastic! We can get our whole driveway done and the sidewalk within 15 minutes and we live on a corner lot so that should say a lot!! I really don't have anything negative to say about this product besides the Gasoline smell but that's always typical

good little machine for what it is.

These machines are great for the home owner who likes to get out and do the snow blowing in intervals. The pros of the electric snow blowers are that they require no gas if you have power. And the cons are  stretching a electric cord and keeping up with it in the snow, you know how cold and hard the extension cords get in winter. You can only blow about 6-8inches of snow and a powdery snow at that with an electric model. I have used the electric blowers on side walks but they just don't do the job nor do the gas powered models as the old fashioned snow shovel and I can do driveways just as fast with a shovel. I don't know of anybody who wait's for 1,2,3 of snow to start removal and if you do good luck finding any machine to dig you out besides a shovel. If you can stay on top of the snow fall and are available to do and have a small driveway then the electric model would be a sensible choice for some. Just not for old fashioned throw backs like myself.

definitely recommend!

from ferndale, WA

About Me Do-It-Yourself

Pros

• Clears to the Pavement
  • Lightweight
  • Maneuverable
  • Throws Far

Cons

• Loud

• Driveway

Comments about Greenworks 20" 12 Amp Snow Blower:

I would definetely recommend this snow blower to people who are not used to using machines or complicated equipment. It is very easy to use and easy to manuever. Very easy to understand and start using and comes with detailed instructions as well. I personally like this snow blower because it is way better for the environment than most snow blowers. It can also use gas or a power cord which is nice to have as an option if you are using it in a professional occupation or if you are using it at home. Unfortunately it does use quite a bit of gas though, I have a small to medium sized driveway and sidewalk in front of my house and it used 3 gallons of gas which is why we use it with a power cord instead of the gas. It takes a lot less electricity to run it than it does gas. If you are using this on a yard then i would suggest not using it when the snow is wet or more like slush because it will tear up some of your grass and get mud flying around too. Although for me this isn't an issue because i leave the snow my yard for the kids to play in anyways. All in all though it is an exvellent snow blower. I would definitely recommend it!

So glad I bought this

Comments about Greenworks 20" 12 Amp Snow Blower:

Well, let me say that so far I feel I absolutely made the right choice.
The unit looks great, and seems to be built with very high quality parts.
How it was packaged was also excellent. There's no way this baby's going to get damaged in delivery like I heard about with the competitors.
The only negative was that Greenworks actually went overboard with their packing... They actually put the unit together by screwing directly through the plastic covers that go on the parts so I couldn't get all the plastic off the pieces without taking some pieces apart.
I see this as no big deal as again it is their effort to make sure everything is protected for delivery but just letting everyone know about it.

Once built (very easy to do I might add), the machine is very easy to maneuver since it has quite large rubber wheels. I know there have been negative reviews about the Toro due to the cheap tiny wheels. No issue here!
The handle is adjustable to 3 levels (I'm 6'2") and I was able to make it comfortable for my height.

• Engine Power:

Gets the job done with little bite from the budget or the frost.

Comments about Greenworks 20" 12 Amp Snow Blower:

I'm extremely happy with this snow blower. After having lived in the Midwest for my entire life, and having to shovel snow every winter, I was excited to finally go out and buy this. It does not disappoint. It's very easy to use because of the large wheels, and works quickly to get all of the snow out of the driveway.

As an added bonus, it's eco-friendly sense it isn't gas powered. In my house that's basically an invitation to join the family, so it looks like we have a new pet.

It moves unwanted snow out of the driveway and walkway, so I am definitely happy with it.

Handling
Because I've got a rather small stature, it's a little awkward for me to work with, but for a decently sized human being it will be fine (and it only weighs around 40 pounds).

From what I can tell it's made well and it's lasted so far this winter. Only time will tell, but it looks like this one's a keeper.

Very easy to use, just a push of a button in fact.

Engine Power
Does what it needs to do in terms of kicking the snow to the curb, literally.

Good power, compact machine

Comments about Greenworks 20" 12 Amp Snow Blower:

This snowblower caught my eye because of its relatively smaller size. I was scared that it would lack power but no such thing. My yard is pretty big and this blower does the job just fine. It is easy to hold and my arms do not feel like they are going to fall off after using this

Not intimidating, very useful

Comments about Greenworks 20" 12 Amp Snow Blower:

We used to shovel the snow the old fashioned way. Our friends teased us and called us cheap for not getting a snow blower. I didn't see the purchase as a necessary expense. However when I started to have to shovel the snow when my husband worked late or was gone on business trips, it quickly became a necessary expense. We were given a large snow blower which looked like it could do serious harm if used incorrectly, so I was too intimidated to even use it. We compromised on the Greenworks 20" 12 Amp Snow Blower. So far, it has worked great. It cranks right up and gets the job done. We can finish the job in about 10 minutes. Our driveway also slopes so it isn't to heavy to push back up the driveway when done. It is easy to use, you will still get the dreaded gasoline smell that all snow blowers give off though. It is light and easy enough for me to use, and "manly" enough for my husband.

Great Buy!

from Minot Afb, ND

Wonderful Snow Thrower

from Baraboo, WI

Comments about Greenworks 20" 12 Amp Snow Blower:

I bought this snow blower and when it snowed it was a life saver. I didn't have to shovel my driveway because it did the job and it was done as good as if I shovled it. To make it really work the most you have to work it slowly to get the job done. I recommend it to anyone. You have to deal with the cord, but it wasn't hard to handle both.

I like this

from Rexburg, ID

Comments about Greenworks 20" 12 Amp Snow Blower:

I would first like to commen on the color of the snow blower. The colors amaze me. I like green and black put together in products. It is so beautiful I must say so many times. the product works great itsself so i give it a five star rating. Mostly because it works great for me and I am not familiar with too many other snow blowers. It does what its supposed to to and the colors make it look so cool as all that snow is flying away onto your neighbors property. It will put a smile on your face for realz. The only thing it really needs now is hook up speakers on the side and an input to plug your ipod in so you can listen to music loudly as you like as your pushing this thing along the side of your house! Great idea ya!?

Best Electric Snow thrower around!

from Des Plaines, IL

Comments about Greenworks 20" 12 Amp Snow Blower:

The Blizzard of 2011 just hit Chicago, and boy, o boy am I glad that I had this snow thrower.  I would be trapped inside my house if it weren't for the Greenworks electric snow thrower.  I of course had to break down the snow( becasue some drifts were almost 5 feet high) But other than that, there's really not alot of manual labor required.  I was surprised at how easy it went through the mounds of snow we had.  I cleared my whole driveway, the walk way, the sidewalk, and the patio.  It took a very little amount of time, and it did such a great job.  I was so proud of myself.  I even took it down the block to clear my elderly neighbor's sidewalk, walkway and driveway.  She was so thankful, and I was happy to do it.  I want it to snow more now!! Haha, just kidding.  But I did enjoy using this wonderful machine, and hope next year I get to use it more!  Just not so much at one time..(Chicagoans know what I'm talking about)

Greenworks Is OK for an Electric

from Stockton, CA

Comments about Greenworks 20" 12 Amp Snow Blower:

have been using electric snow throwers as long as they have been on the market, which is a number of years ago. The big drawback is that you have to be fairly near a power outlet--and that they really don't seem as "professional" as snow throwers with a more serious power source. I got the Greenworks to keep at my mother's house so that I wouldn't have to drag my own equipment over there when I did her winter maintenance. So the Greenworks is really a bit of a compromise for me. The controls are pretty nice and so far the reliability had been good. I also like that it is simple and light enough for my mother to do the snow removal from her walk and drive when I am not able to get over there to do it for her. She is not the most technological person in the world, but she is able to use this snow thrower without difficulty. For my own daily use I would prefer something else, but as a second blower, this has been a good choice.