Other Garbage Cans & Bags:
Glad Odor Shield Tall Kitchen Trash Bags

Glad Odor Shield Tall Kitchen Trash Bags

Pros

Cons

A friend you can depend on!

There was a time when a lot of us thought that the best thing we could do for the Environment was to dispose of our garbage in those big paper grocery bags you get from supermarkets.  After all, paper bags were biodegradable and certainly nobody could argue with that -- sometimes they didn't even last long enough to get the garbage out the back door.  Back when I lived in the apartment on Lake Street, I did the environmentally sound thing and tossed garbage out in tightly closed paper sacks ... but then my personal garbage can was only a couple feet from my back door and once I had the lid shut again, I didn't worry about it or what it would be like for the maintenance man who had to collect my trash five days later.

**A REALITY CHECK**

After I moved into my condo in 1986, things changed.  Now I had to carry garbage down a carpeted hallway, two flights of indoor carpeted stairs and across a parking lot which was so neatly maintained that we could have eaten a picnic lunch off the pavement.  The bottom dropping out of an overfilled garbage bag here would be a major disaster, not only for me but for my neighbors.  More to the point, our Association (and quite rightfully too) insisted that all garbage be plastic-bagged before disposal.  Now after all these years, I have found a way to do something more environmentally responsible and still more sanitary for my neighbors and me, thanks to ***Glad Odor Shield Tall Kitchen Trash Bags***.

**WHAT THESE ARE:**

***Glad Odor Shield Tall Kitchen Trash Bags*** first appear to be the same old Glad Tall Kitchen bags we've been using for years but now they are treated with some mysterious "*OdorShield technology embedded into the whole bag*."  ***Glad Odor Shield Tall Kitchen Trash Bags*** come in three sizes: *** Small Garbage*** (4 Gallons), ***Tall Kitchen*** (13 Gallons), and ***Large Trash*** (30 Gallons) and three scents:  Fresh Scent, Vanilla, and Fresh Lemon.

**MY VIEWPOINT:**

Upon opening my first box of ***Glad Odor Shield Tall Kitchen Trash Bags***, I could hardly detect any of the purported "Fresh Lemon" scent the package information had promised me but that's okay, because ***Glad Odor Shield Tall Kitchen Trash Bags*** did just what I had wanted them to -- stored up to a whole week of garbage in my kitchen with absolutely no odor at all. As a single person living alone, I usually don't really have to put garbage out more than once a week.  Thanks to this amazing product, that is finally possible for me to do.

**NOTE:**

***Glad Odor Shield Tall Kitchen Bags*** also come in the ***ForceFlex*** variety for added strength, which I have also tried.  I find that I don't really need them and that the three-ply strength of ***Glad Odor Shield Tall Kitchen Trash Bags*** makes them a friend that I can depend on.  Never, ever has a Glad Trash Bag of any kind ever broken while I was carrying it out.  ***Glad Odor Shield Tall Kitchen Trash Bags ***are better for me and the environment because now I only have to throw one plastic bag a week away, instead of anxiously dumping trash every two or three days for fear it might smell offensive to my neighbors.

Odor sheild, more like ordor enhancer! YUCK!

These trash bags are seriously the most disgusting product I've ever used.  My garbage has NEVER smelled as bad as when I use GLAD Odor Seal trash bags.  My husband hates them too.  It gets so bad we have to take the trash out when the bag is only 1/2 full.  We woke up one morning with the whole house smelling of rot.  We've never had a problem like this.  The worst of it, I made the mistake of buying the largest box (40 Count).

Best product

Comments about Glad Odor Shield Tall Kitchen Trash Bags:

I have been happy with this product since I first tried it. I also had a house that was overwhelmed with the smell of garbage and started looking for something that had an odor blocker. i found these and they have worked wonders. It is a strong bag to top it also. I have found out that I can basically over pack it and it doesn't tear and still has the smell of breeze when you go to remove it. I sense this company is moving in a big direction.

Stink Free!

Comments about Glad Odor Shield Tall Kitchen Trash Bags:

Glad Odor Shield Kitchen Trash bags were pretty good! I was pleased with this product and found it much more useful than the store brand of garbage bag. I also noticed that it truly did have an odor shield! It smelled pretty good and I didn't notice any bad smells coming from the bag, you couldn't even tell what was in it. the garbage bags I used before would always tear and stink! I was very pleased that this one did not.

Fights Offensive Odors

Comments about Glad Odor Shield Tall Kitchen Trash Bags:

I love Glad Odor Shield Tall Kitchen Trash bags! I hate to have a foul-smelling kitchen. Who wants to cook and prepare food in a stinky kitchen? Glad Odor Shield kicks offensive odors to the curb. It has a nice scent and freshens up the garbage can the second you put the bag in there. One of the worst kitchen odors to me is the smell of packaging that held raw chicken. With Glad Odor Shield, my trash did not reek like rotten chicken! I was actually able to finish filling up the trash bag for the next few days, instead of throwing it away immediately. The bags are also sturdy and durable. They hold a ton of trash. I love these bags!

Great bags!

Comments about Glad Odor Shield Tall Kitchen Trash Bags:

The Glad total odor shield tall kitchen bags are the ideal garbage bag for a variety of reasons. First off I prefer the white coloration to the traditional black. Secondly, the odor shield actually works and the drawstrings on top are top notch! This added to the quality and stretch in the bag and its an easy winner.

They do work

from Fort White, FL

Comments about Glad Odor Shield Tall Kitchen Trash Bags:

I have tryed Glad odor shield they work very well at keptting odor away.But ant like them.I had a problem with ants eatting the bags.The best thing was it kept your garbage from smelling.I would buy them.I also had a problem with the bag falling into the can some of the time.

Worth the money!

Comments about Glad Odor Shield Tall Kitchen Trash Bags:

These bags are a little bit on the higher end as far as price goes but they are definitely worth the money. They are extremely durable and can hold almost anything you throw in them - plus they stretch to accommodate any oddly shaped items like boxes or containers. I love the size and the fact that they help fight the odor that some food or garbage can create. A good smelling home is a win-win, believe me!

I wish it was cheaper

from Hamburg, NY

Comments about Glad Odor Shield Tall Kitchen Trash Bags:

Trash bags made by Glad have always been solid and reliable product and the odor shield really does it's job well. The big turn off here for me is the cost. I like this product and I would definately buy it on sale or with a coupon.

I'm glad I went back to Glad Trash Bags

from Stockbridge, GA

Comments about Glad Odor Shield Tall Kitchen Trash Bags:

I have always used this brand of trash bag along with other items from this brand. But one day I made the biggest mistake ever when I decided to buy a large box of trash bags at one of the club stores we are a member of. I knew when I used the first one I had made a big big mistake. Not only were they thin and tore easily they would not grip the top of my trash can so they constanly fell in until my sin had a bright idea by using one of those large blue rubber bands that hold our sunday paper, which by the way anybody need some big blue rubber bands LOL. But it work to hold the bag perfectly, but this still didn't stop the bags from tearing so easy so I ended up using two bags to solve the problem. When I received my sample bag of Glad Odor Sheild Tall Kitchen Trash bags and used it I fell in love. It stayed put - and no rubber band. Even though I still have a lot of the other bags that ended up in the long run was not saving me any money. Glad I switched back to Glad and these bags are great. I read somewhere on a commemts that they would not stay securely around the trash can try the rubber bands or another thing I did was put a small shipping box I had and wrapped in a plastic bag I get from the grocery store and placed in the bottom of the can and this also worked to keep the bags from slipping into the trash can. Don't forget you can usually always find coupons on the Glad site or news papers.

Well it doesn't smell like garbage

from Appleton, WI

Comments about Glad Odor Shield Tall Kitchen Trash Bags:

We have a large family and lately we have been trying to cut back on our garbage production.   In doing that we did notice that we started to have some issues with smelly garbage because the bags were in the container longer.  My friend suggested that I try one of the odor shield bags like she uses to keep the smell down.  I purchased the Glad Odor Shield Tall Kitchen Trash Bags with the "fresh clean scent".  Upon opening the box I found the smell pretty overwhelming but I just assumed it was just because there were so many in a sealed box so I put the bag in the trashcan so put it to the test.  Every single one of my kids asked what the smell in the kitchen was and one even told me he thought it was time to take out the garbage.  The smell is strong and a little more than I had expected but after using the bags for awhile we have become accustomed to the scent and it is one hundred times better than the smell of garbage.

Good trash bags

from Corydon, IN

Comments about Glad Odor Shield Tall Kitchen Trash Bags:

I really like the glad odor shield trash bags. They come either scented or unscented but I like the scented ones the best because they really mask odors without being too strong. The plastic seems to be pretty strong so it holds things pretty well without tearing. The only problem I have with these is that when you take it out and try to tie it up sometimes the strings tear out of their casing a little. Although I think these bags seem more durable than other brands. The roll of bags are rolled together loosely so that they are easy to get out of the box. The only disadvantage I have with these bags is that they are kind of expensive. Overall, I think these bags are a good choice for durability, odor protection and staying put in the trashcan without falling down in. I would recommend this product.