Other Baking Goods:
Ghirardelli

Ghirardelli 60% Cacao Bittersweet Chocolate Chips

Just the thought makes my mouth water!

These chips are so fabulous and yay they are made with 60% cacao. Health experts say the chocolate we eat needs to be at least 60% cacao to have the dark chocolate health factor. I made some chocolate chip cookies with these chips the other day and they may have been the best I have ever made! WOW! I actually enjoy eating these chips by themselves as well. They have a bit of bitterness to them, but still really chocolately and sweet. I love that they are big chips too, it makes cookies have more chocolate to each bite. I have not tried to melt these chips and use them as a dipping sauce yet, but I am sure they would be great like that too. They are more expensive than Nestle and some other brands, but you pay for quality in this instance I believe. They have better ingredients and a better ratio of ingredients so you have to decide what's important for you! Ghirardelli is just great and I cannot say enough about their chocolate!

Ghiradelli 60% cocoa too gourmet for me..

I feel badly to rate this so low when it has received such high reviews by many.  I am a chocolate lover.  My friends call me the "chocoholic."  So when I read in cooks magazine that these were the #1 rated chocolate chip, I jumped all over it, regardless of the price.  I am always up for making the most amazing chocolate chip cookies.  Overall, it tastes ok in the cookie.  Alone, it tastes nothing like chocolate to me.  It has a winey, gourmet taste that obviously many people love. (according to the ratings)  However, I am just not a fan of pure cocoa, although it is much, much better for your body.  So if you are health-conscious, you definitely have to give this a try.  At least to say you've tried it and you do or don't like it.  My family ate it, but didn't rave about it.  If you're going to get ghiradelli, I would recommend the semi-sweet chocolate chips.  Now those made me fail my glucose test when I was pregnant, but they were amazing!  Again, my experience is just with cookies, I haven't tried these with other recipes.

from Georgia

Comments about Ghirardelli 60% Cacao Bittersweet Chocolate Chips:

Ghirardelli 60% Cacao Bittersweet Chocolate Chips are the best! I can remember the first time I had these chocolate chips. I was fourteen-years-old and in the back of a restaurant where the cooks were making deserts. One of the cooks gave me a bag of them. The chocolate chips were very delicious and I couldn't get enough of them. They tasted bitter and sweet at the same time. I found these chocolate chips to have a very unique taste. The cook showed me how he made chocolate mousse with these chocolate chips and he gave me some to try. I loved it and I have been hooked ever since. I eat Ghirardelli 60% Cacao Bittersweet Chocolate Chips in my ice cream to add flavor. I like how they are bitter and sweet. They really make the flavor of the ice cream pop. I sometimes melt these chocolate chips and pour the melted chocolate over the ice cream as well. These chocolate chips are very delicious and I really enjoy eating them.

Definitely for the dark chocolate fan.

Comments about Ghirardelli 60% Cacao Bittersweet Chocolate Chips:

I have a good friend who is a huge dark chocolate fan ("the darker the better"), so, a few years back I decided to make her some dark chocolate fudge for her birthday. I bought Ghirardelli's 60% Cacao Bittersweet Chocolate Chips and used my standard fudge recipe. While cooking the fudge, my biggest concern was with the texture, so I was happy to see that the chips melted nice and smooth into the recipe. In the end, I did have to add a little extra butter to get the consistency just right, but my friend loved the fudge and begged for the recipe. When I explained that I had used Ghirardelli chocolate, her face lit up and she said, "Well, no wonder it tasted so good!" If you have a dark chocolate lover in your life, these chips are will be their new favorite thing.

This delicious chocolate makes a delicious fondue!

Comments about Ghirardelli 60% Cacao Bittersweet Chocolate Chips:

All I can say is yummy! This chocolate works very well in every recipe that requires chocolate chips, or just chocolate in general. But the main use for the Ghirardelli 60% Cacao Bittersweet Chocolate Chips in my house is for fondue. I have made fondue with just heavy cream and this chocolate and it tastes very rich and decadent. Add peanut butter to it and it tastes so amazing. The 60% cacao makes this chocolate even more rich and delicious, and it isn't much more expensive than other chocolate chips. I love these chocolate chips and so does my family!

Tasty Chocolate Chips

from USA, Indiana

Comments about Ghirardelli 60% Cacao Bittersweet Chocolate Chips:

I use these bittersweet chocolate chips to make homemade chocolate chip cookies and chocolate chip muffins. There are many times I will grab a few chocolate chips out the bag and eat them as a snack. Recently I have used these chocolate chips to make homemade peanut butter and chocolate chips granola bars. The granola bars came out perfect and they were very tasty.

My favorite chocolate is dark chocolate and this is some of the best I have tried. If you like, one can melt the chocolate down and use it to coat fresh strawberries or even marshmallows.

I absolutely love these dark chocolate chips and purchase them at least once a month.

Adds a nice touch to desserts

Comments about Ghirardelli 60% Cacao Bittersweet Chocolate Chips:

Ghiradelli chocolate chips are a little bit more expensive than some other brands of chocolate chips, but I think they taste better. These high quality chocolate chips takes home made desserts to the next level. I think chocolate chip cookies made with these are the absolute best.

Great for French Dessert

Comments about Ghirardelli 60% Cacao Bittersweet Chocolate Chips:

I only buy these chocolate chips when I am making the French dessert, fondant au chocolat. Ghiradelli's bittersweet chocolate chips add the perfect blend of sweet and bitterness to anything you add them to. I also use these chocolate chips to make ganache frosting on chocolate cake. It tastes so good whenever I use these chips. Ghiradelli's chocolate always produces a high quality of chocolate compared to other brands of chocolate. I will say that Ghiradelli's is a little more expensive then other competing brands, but they are definitely worth it when you are trying to treat yourself to a nice and delicious dessert at home. My roommates and I get very excited when I buy these for us to cook with. We love making desserts, and we cannot make our desserts without these chocolate chips. It is great for baking cookies, making ganache frosting, and fondant au chocolat (as I mentioned above).

Great for baking or just snacking

Comments about Ghirardelli 60% Cacao Bittersweet Chocolate Chips:

I like to use ghirardelli 60% cacao bittersweet chocolate chips for a lot of my baking. It adds a great boost of chocolate and its especially great for making fudge for the holiday season. These chocolate chips are not to bitter and not to sweet so it makes them good enough to eat all by themselves.

Best product, sharp taste

Comments about Ghirardelli 60% Cacao Bittersweet Chocolate Chips:

These can be a real shocker if you grab the wrong bag! This is the bittersweet version of chocolate chips and they definitely have the bittersweet flavor. Ghirardelli makes the best flavored chips for baking and this product is no different. I prefer the sweet version, but for anyone looking for the bitter chocolate taste, this is a must try.

Decadent chocolate chips

Comments about Ghirardelli 60% Cacao Bittersweet Chocolate Chips:

Ghirardelli makes amazing chocolate chips. When you open the bag you can smell the quality of the ingredients-only the finest! I wish they were a little cheaper-but you pay for the quality and flavor! They are great to use in cookies, brownies, cakes, frosting, or as melts to coat candy! They have an exquisite taste that will make your recipes shine!

What is there not to LOVE~

from Washington, GA

Comments about Ghirardelli 60% Cacao Bittersweet Chocolate Chips:

Ghirardelli, chocolate!  This is a high quality chocolate at a very reasonable price!  I like to use this when I do any kind of baking that requires chocolate.  I get better reviews from people who don't know the product brands I use when I use any Ghirardelli chocolate.  The creamy, rich, smooth taste is beyond tasty!  For those of you out there who have not tried this, do yourself a huge favor and go get some now!  It's a must have for any cake, pudding, brownies, ice cream topping,  or just melt some and dip some pretzels in it!  The salty sweet mixture is a taste pallet fantasy!  Some other chocolates leave an after taste that is almost a waxy taste and builds up, with this you will not have that problem.  The only problem I have is not wanting to put the bag down, and to only use it when baking, it's always fun to try to sneak a handful when I can.  But like chips one hand full just isn't enough!