Other Coffees:

Gevalia Traditional Roast Coffee

Pros

Cons

Heavenly

*This is one coffee that takes me to a whole different place.  When alone with my cup of Gevalia I hear and notice nothing. It's aroma is rich and sweet. I take out my good china just to have the whole rich experience.*

*this is my way of escaping my world and its problems. You need to try it alone with no one around.  try a little soft background music,or on a rainy day on your porch. Mornings are the best because you can start out with a great feeling.*

Overpriced and Overrated

Gevalia coffees overall leave a lot to be desired. The Traditional Roast, however, is quite bad. This particular coffee comes to around 12-13.00 a pound plus s & h. It lacks flavor, depth, sophistication and is plain bland. It's tastes fairly acidic and is bumpy going down. If you must try Gevalia, the French Roast has decent depth and a bold  flavor but still lacks the complexity of less expensive coffees you can buy in bulk at your grocery store.

Great tasting coffee

Comments about Gevalia Traditional Roast Coffee:

I did a happy dance when I found out that Gevalia coffee was going to be sold in stores. But I was sad to find out that they weren't offering flavored coffee products in stores. I have been purchasing Gevalia flavored coffee online for several years. I love the taste of Gevalia coffee, however it can be pricy when purchased online. I usually do not buy coffee that is not flavored, but I recently tried Gevalia Traditional Roast coffee because I had some coupons for it. I did not think I would like the flavor as much as I like my flavored coffee, but I was mistaken. Gevalia Traditional Roast Coffee has a wonderful flavor. It does not have a bad aftertaste, and is strong enough that I use a little less grounds than I do with other coffees. Gevalia coffee has always been a treat to drink when buying online…now I am hooked on buying the Traditional Roast in stores too.

Excellent cup of coffee at a reasonable price

Comments about Gevalia Traditional Roast Coffee:

This coffee is by far one of the best ones around. Great flavor and boldness, at a reasonable price. The other options just don't compare. You'll feel like royalty drinking this coffee.

I had this coffee initially as a teenager when it was only available via mail order. I was thrilled when it arrived at a supermarket near me.

Good Strong Coffee

Comments about Gevalia Traditional Roast Coffee:

This coffee is a little strong but the taste and smell are amazing and it will really relax you after a day of work and wake you up in the morning as well. It gives you the right kick start to begin your day. I had ordered a sample of it for my k-cup brewer and I loved it so much that I just had to buy it. I would recommend trying it first (they give out free samples a lot), if you don't like strong coffee before buying it but, if you like a great tasting coffee then buy it now.

A coffee that actually tastes as good as it smells!

Comments about Gevalia Traditional Roast Coffee:

I absolutely LOVE this coffee. Up until last year I would only drink Seattles Best, but a friend of mine told me I just had to try Gevalia and I would never want to drink the other stuff again. Well, they were right! This coffee tastes just as good as it smells. I haven't bought any other brand since!

Prince Charming, send my some Gevalia!!

Comments about Gevalia Traditional Roast Coffee:

Gevalia coffee especially Mocha. On the other note; I think the guy on the commercials is such a prince charming gets the girls going silly! Anyways I coffee is so rich and creamy and it's comes in different sizes and flavors! I got a sample on the mail and I was to die for. It's good for the cafe machine and instant too.

Gevalia is the best coffee in the world, my favorite roast

Comments about Gevalia Traditional Roast Coffee:

Gevalia was the first coffee I ever tasted as a little, little girl when my great uncle gave me a taste. When I was old enough to start drinking coffee, it was my instant favorite. My family is of Swedish descent, so I'm maybe just a little biased, but Gevalia traditional roast is my absolute favorite coffee in the whole world. It is so good, I don't have any objections to drinking it black, but a splash of whole milk makes it perfect. What I love about Gevalia coffees is that they are the least bitter of all the coffees I have ever had. Even though it has a fairly bold flavor, it isn't too strong. If I could, I would always have this coffee with my breakfast, but sadly, it is out of my price range at this time. The only drawback to Gevalia I can see, is that even with their deals and incentives, they are still very expensive. But if I had the money, it would be worth the price. I look forward to enjoying it when I visit my family and hopefully I'll get a package of it this Christmas.

The best coffee in the world

Comments about Gevalia Traditional Roast Coffee:

After a long day, it's so nice to come home and relax with a cup of coffee. And I can always count on Gevalia coffee to fulfill my needs. It's very smooth, no grit at the bottom and only needs a bit of sugar to balance the taste. It's even good prepared iced. I love it!

Good price, good coffee

Comments about Gevalia Traditional Roast Coffee:

I've found that Gevalia is often priced at a comparable price to brands like 8 O'Clock coffee and sometimes even Maxwell House and Folgers, even though I think of Gevalia as more of an upscale brand. I purchased the ground coffee for use in my drip coffee maker at home.
I'll be the first to admit that I'm not a coffee connoisseur, but I do have a cup of coffee every morning, and I really enjoyed the taste of Gevalia coffee. I found that it wasn't too bitter and was quite smooth. I take my coffee with creamer, not black, so I may not have had the most accurate impression of it, but it always tasted good to me, never burnt or off-tasting.
Whenever I find Gevalia at a good price, I will definitely buy it again for myself. If it was priced with higher-end coffees, such as Starbucks or Godiva, I don't think I would choose it over those brands, but it's definitely a step above the lower-end brands.

good cup o joe

Comments about Gevalia Traditional Roast Coffee:

I love coffee. I am not a functioning human until I have a cup (or six!) of coffee in the morning. I am usually not too particular on brands of coffee. That was until I picked up a bag of Gevalia traditional roast coffee at my local grocery store. (It just happened to be on sale and I had a coupon, so jackpot!) As soon as the first drip started, I knew this was gonna be a great cup of coffee. The aroma soon filled my house as I waited expectantly on the first cup of goodness. It did not disappoint. I was pleased with the bold flavor that was good to the last drop with no bitter after taste. Now I have a go to brand of coffee - Gevalia!

An all-occasion coffee

from Rochester, MN

Comments about Gevalia Traditional Roast Coffee:

I just purchased this for the first time last month, and I am hooked. Great flavor - not too strong, not too light. Great aroma! I love the smell of it brewing when I wake up; I know I'm in for a good day. I'd definitely recommend this coffee to others. It's perfect for that lazy morning reading the paper, or for the hectic getting ready for work morning, too!