View more desktops

Gateway DX4710-UB801A desktop computer

This Gateway is Awesome

from Denton, TX

Comments about Gateway DX4710-UB801A desktop computer:

I purchased the Gateway DX4710-UB801A desktop when it first came out to serve as the family's main computer.  I have not been disappointed.  I am really enjoying this computer.  Since I am not a big gamer, I didn't think I would notice the quad core, but boy do I.  Even after more than a year, my computer is super-fast.  I can run several programs at the same time with no noticeable slowness.  It handles anything I throw at it.  It runs Windows Vista without a hitch.  I have never had the computer crash on me.

This Gateway has an Intel Core2 Quad CPU with 6 GB memory and a 600 GB hard drive.  More than enough for the average family.  Set-up couldn't have been easier and it was ready to go right from the box.  It came with a 22 inch HD monitor, which is super for watching movies on-line.  My only 'complaint' is that the DVD is not blue-ray.  If it were, this would have been a perfect computer.

The computer is super quiet.  At first, I kept checking to make sure it was still running!

I definitely recommend this computer and I will most definitely buy another Gateway when I finally need to.