Other Desktops:

Dell XPS desktop computer

Pros

Cons

Simply Awesome

Dell XPs Desktops are hands down one of the best and most powerful gaming systems, they come fully loaded and are exstensively upgradeable. I would compare mine to some of the mid-range alienware systems. I use mine daily not only for gaming but for web design and graphics design I love all the built in features and the the upgrades i have installed have accelerated it that much farther. I have absolutely no issues maintaining 90fps during intensive gaming. And it renders my graphics in a fraction of the time when compared to my last system. This system has saved me countless minutes and has enabled me to work faster and more efficently. Rendering HD graphic design is a intensive process even for the best of systems. This system churns them out in less than 3 mins where as my old system use to take in excess of 30 mins to process a single HD render. I also do a fair amount of video editing and this system allows me to edit seamlessly on the fly without alot of time loading. It ques up instantly and playsback without any glitchiness. I use to be a huge mac fan when it came to graphics rendering but thanks to the power this system provides i will never say a mac rules over a pc when it comes to graphics processing the latest advancements in intel chips has leveled the playing field between a mac and pc in the graphic design world. And with all the limitations of a mac when choosing software well PC's will surely come ahead in this game nowadays.

With windows 8 The UI is even more intuitive than ever.

I am still drooling.

Support & Service
Amazing tech support on onsite repair warranty.

This isbnt my first dell i stil have a 8yr old 8400 series single core P4 that has only required a new power supply over its life span.

nice modern asthetics and configuration, and the internal design is even better , if your a geek like me its whats inside that counts.

comparable to mid range alienware systems. simply awesome

Good computer except for Vista

I bought this computer late in the year of 2009. Our entire family uses it mainly for email and the internet; however, my spouse uses it for the processing power that it possesses.  We deal alot with lightroom and paintshop pro and it handles these programs (they eat up memory) with no problems.  I did not get the base model and you might want to think about some extra memory and higherend video cards when ordering.  We are completely satisfied.

Great Computer for the Price Range

Comments about Dell XPS desktop computer:

The Dell XPS desktop computer is a fantastic personal computer for the price range, and is highly affordable for most incomes. It delivers great hardware, and great compatibility for most components, and can handle gaming fairly well. The internet and Wi-Fi capabilities are pretty impressive, and it is compatible with most software that is not made for Apple computers. Windows would be my best recommendation for an operating system for this computer. The monitor is large enough so that your eyes are comfortable, and the sleek, black design would fit right in with and decor or motif (and if not, just shove the tower under a desk to hide it away from anyone's sight)

Support & Service
I give the people over at Dell Customer Support and Service a ten, because they are almost always able to solve any problem over the telephone, and if not, then they are really good about having you send the computer in for a warranty repair, and are very quick about fixing the problem and getting your system back to you with in about two weeks.

The speeds of this computer could be a bit more fast, but then again, you do get what you pay for, and if you want something blazing, lightening fast, then shell out the big bucks and get an AlienWare system. LOL

Simply Awesome

Comments about Dell XPS desktop computer:

With windows 8 The UI is even more intuitive than ever.

I am still drooling.

Support & Service
Amazing tech support on onsite repair warranty.

comparable to mid range alienware systems. simply awesome

Dell XPS desktop compuer

Comments about Dell XPS desktop computer:

I love my Dell XPS desktop computer. I previously had an xps laptop which I loved but it was getting old after five years so I had to look at purchasing a new computer. My laptop was awesome and the service I received from Dell was wonderful. I had purchased the next day service plan and had my laptop fixed several times with no problem so I knew I wanted to purchase a Dell again. When I looked at the different Dells available I decided to go with the XPS again, only I wanted a desktop this time. I do not regret my purchase. My XPS desktop is as good as the laptop was. It's worked wonderfully ever since I got it, and I have never had any problems with it at all. The price was amazing for the system that I got and it handles all my family needs from watching movies to playing video games. I did purchase the extended service plan this time, but so far I haven't had to use it so while I am sure it's just as amazing as with my laptop the computer is so great that I haven't tested it. I would recommend a Dell XPS to anyone that wanted a quality long lasting computer that they can depend on.

Desktop pc.

Comments about Dell XPS desktop computer:

My HP held up for a decade, never had to put in for repairs. My Dell twice in as many years.
Power supply needed to be replaced after just 18 months, oh, fans too. Next the video card. The Dell PC was manufactured in China, the HP was not. Might this factor be a reflection of quality? Dell gimme a break.

A Great Dell Computer

Comments about Dell XPS desktop computer:

Overall the XPS desktop is a 9. It is a great buy.

The Dell is very user friendly and easy to use.

Hardware Quality
The hardware is moderate quality.

Dell has 24/7 customer service

This computer is made with great durability. This computer will last you years

The design is easy to use and is user friendly

This dell has lasted over 4 years. It still runs like new and the performance has been great. i havn't had many issues with this computer.

The Dell XPS 8300 Desktop PC has worked great

from Skokie, IL

Comments about Dell XPS desktop computer:

I bought a Dell XPS 8300 Desktop PC when my previous desktop died an ugly death and the laptop I subsequently purchased did not meet my needs. It's worked great and reliability. I am not a gamer but I am using this PC for processing and music streaming and it has worked reliably.

the included software worked well; adding peripherals and software proceeded smoothly.

Hardware Quality
everything has been very reliable. No hardware failures.

Support & Service
I haven't needed service on this unit, but Dell service has been great for me on other PCs in the past.

no problems have been observed with my Dell XPS 8300.

The box looks great and it came with both USB2 and USB3 ports. Function is a result of design and this nunit has functioned great.

No problems at all. I especially liked that Windows 7 was an available operating system. My son, the gamer, told me that Windows 8 and Windows Vista were to be avoided.

Great gaming computer

Comments about Dell XPS desktop computer:

I used an older Dell for the longest time before finally upgrading. I decided to stick with Dell and i'm glad I did! This computer is a beast. Booting up the computer and getting to my desktop was so quick, that I wasn't used to it. Mine came with a good graphics card and it was a nice change to finally play PC games on higher settings.

I also do some Photoshop editing and video effects on After Effects, and this computer handles it pretty well although I will most likely upgrade the RAM in the future.

Great gaming computer

from Livonia, MI

Comments about Dell XPS desktop computer:

great for playing games, doing bills, internet, etc....

Easy to set up and easy to use.

Hardware Quality
It came with everything you need to set it up.

Support & Service
So far I haven't had to have any kind of support.

It is very durable.

I love the flat screen monitor and the actual computer fits in the space provided by my computer desk and is hidden in the compartment.

The performance is great....I haven't had any complaints about it yet.

Dell Studio XPS 8100 is Great

from Henderson, NV

Comments about Dell XPS desktop computer:

Just set up the Dell Studio XPS 8100 and it was easy as good be. I added a wireless card and it worked great from the moment I turned on the computer. The computer is super fast and I would recommended it highly to anyone who is looking to replace their computer.

Best Dell Yet

from Ann Arbor, MI

Comments about Dell XPS desktop computer:

I purchased a Dell XPS Desktop sytem recently. I LOVE IT!! It is the best Dell system I have ever owned!! As a software tester, the Dell XPS is put through it's paces. It out performs the machines my coworkers use, by a huge margine. The keyboard is sleek, silent, and quick to respond. The mouse is sleek and easy to use as well. The pc boots up quickly and responds to action requests faster, than any other Dell I have ever had the joy to use. It sort of resembles a Mac, in it's appearance, but I think that just adds to it's styling.