Other Refrigerators:

Cons

GE Cafe Refrigerator

from Sneads Ferry, NC

Comments about GE Cafe Side-by-Side Refrigerator:

I purchased the GE Cafe side by side refrigerator as part of the cafe set of GE appliances when we purchased our new home! Overall I really like this refrigerator. It has a few drawbacks but is overall a great investment.
One of the things I like about it is the sleek stainless steel design. It can be a little streaky on the outside if you clean with the wrong products but I find using Pledge cleaner and paper towels leaves it looking shiny and clean!
The fridge works very well. It keeps all my food at the right temperature on both the fridge and the freezer sides and I haven't had any performance issues in that regard.
I also really like the ice maker and filtered water on the door of the freezer. The water comes out clean and cold and it's simple to use.
One of the drawbacks of this fridge though is the noise level. It can be a little bit loud but I'm not bothered much by noises so it's not too big of a deal for me.
I also do not like having to clean this fridge because the sliding drawers are not easy to get in and out for cleaning.
Overall the GE cafe refrigerator is a nice looking fridge that works very well and I would definitely recommend it.

Decent

Comments about GE Cafe Side-by-Side Refrigerator:

Purchased refrigerator a year ago, no significant qualty issues but noises were odd and sometimes had to move it to get temperature right. Overall not the best quality and some minor yet still annoyting quality control issues. Ice machine also had quality control issues and was inconsistent but not broke.

Design needs improvement

Comments about GE Cafe Side-by-Side Refrigerator:

It's just ok, it does the job but many things that I don't like. The light hangs down on the top shelf so far that it takes up almost half the shelf. The shelves with the hanger drawers are to difficult to take out to clean. It just does not seem like it holds very much. If fluid falls on shelf then it gets between the glass part of the shelf and the metal edge. Tried many things to try to get it out and unable to. The outside stainless does not show fingerprints to easily but the water from the water dispenser stains it and requires daily cleaning to keep water spots off. I have a few scratches on the outside but I guess with stainless steel you will get those The ice cube maker hangs so low in the freezer that the shelf under it is useless and the shelves are very narrow anyway. Things in the door don't store long they develop ice crystals quickly. Will be looking for a new frig this year. Will probably go with French doors with freezer on the bottom I think you have more useable space. So I guess it does what it is suppose to do but needs some improvement in ease of use.

Noise Level
Don't really notice much noise other then ice cubes dropping which is to be expected

Great fridge!

Comments about GE Cafe Side-by-Side Refrigerator:

Love this fridge. With it being counter depth, you lose a little space, but it looks great and flows in the kitchen. Have no complaints so far. It comes with a built in water filtration system which means the water that comes out of the spout and the ice taste great!

Noise Level
Can't hear a thing from it

Interior Organization
Good design, just lose a little space with the size

Temperature Control
Cools very quickly and stays consistently cool

All shelves are easily removable for ease of cleaning

This fridge should last for a very long time!

Beautiful design. Love the stainless steel

Stylish and practical

from Galesville, WI

Comments about GE Cafe Side-by-Side Refrigerator:

This refrigerator is everything you could want in a fridge! The door shelves are extra deep and wide enough for two gallons of milk with room to spare. The turbo chill feature is very handy for quick chills such as last minute Jello or unexpected guests arrive and they want a cold one! The crispers are humidity controlled for fruits or vegetables. Well worth the price in my opinion.The in door beverage center is very handy and easy enough to operate that even the little ones can use it,also has a control lock if you don't want them to.

So far, so good.

from Deltona, FL

Comments about GE Cafe Side-by-Side Refrigerator:

We purchased the  **GE Cafe™ CSCP5UGXSS Stainless Steel (24.6 cu. ft.) Side by Side Refrigerator **the first week of October at a scratch and dent store.  We got a great price and because it has a few dents we made sure to buy the extended warrenty.  The Ge Cafe Refrigerator has stainless steel that wraps aroud the appliance.  My husband loved this because most stainless steel appliances don't cover the sides.  When we got the refrigerator home we realized it was a bit too wide and tall.  My husband had to modify our kitchen cabinets to allow enough space for our new GE.  So make sure when/if you purchase this appliance you measure your space first!  The freezer got cold as soon as we plugged it in but it will take a few hours for the fridge side to get to the correct temperature.  The only complaint I have so far is the freezer side seems a bit small but we love the space in the fridge.  My husband loves the water-filter system and how easy it is to use the water/ice panel on the front.  So far we are enjoying our new  **GE Cafe™ CSCP5UGXSS Stainless Steel (24.6 cu. ft.) Side by Side Refrigerator.**