Other Refrigerators:

Frigidaire Gallery Side-by-Side Refrigerator FGHS2669KE / FGHS2669KP

Pros

Cons

Pretty good

If you are looking for a decent working refrigerator on a budget this is probably the one for you. I have owned mine for a couple years now. I like the digital thermometer inside the doors. It does a good job of keeping all of my food cold. Although, I usually put my milk on the top shelf and if it gets pushed to the back for any reason it tends to freeze, turning my milk into a slushy. The layout of the interior of the refrigerator and freezer is just like any typical side-by-side. So it's pretty easy to access everything you need. The vegetable and fruit drawers do a really good job of keeping my food from spoiling. My food stays fresh tasting much longer. And my kids have an easy time getting their own fruits and vegetables as snacks. The shelves and drawers are fairly easy to clean. The shelves are adjustable in height along with the drawers on the inside of the door making it easy to organize everything. The one thing I wish my freezer had was the ice stuff in the door, instead it is on the shelving. If it was in the door it would save a lot of room. I love having water and ice in the door. It gives an option of cubed or crushed ice. Although mine is now starting to mess up. We have it on cubed ice and it will give us crushed ice sometimes. The filtered water tastes great. The lock on the ice and water is kind of a pain, you have to hold it down for 5 seconds to lock and unlock it, which I can understand with having kids, but makes it a pain if you want quick water or ice. The water filter is in the refrigerator and all you have to do is push in on it and you can change it. I do wish the filter would reset itself when you change it instead of having a reset button on the water and ice des pender because anyone could reset the filter and you wouldn't know that it's time for a new one. The outside is really easy to keep clean (just a quick wipe with a wet washcloth or disinfecting wipe) and looks nice. It matches my kitchen perfectly! It runs pretty quiet except for the ice dispenser makes a funny noise when it's making ice. Until I got used to the sound I kept thinking it was going out. It makes a clicking type sound. Overall, if you are on a budget and looking for a pretty decent working refrigerator, this is probably the one for you!

The Frigidare Gallery Keeps My Food Cold

The Frigidare Gallery is a sliver box that magically keeps all of my food cold and fresh. There is plenty of shelf space inside the fridge. The produce drawer is deep and large to hold all of my vegetables without them being smashed. The "deli" drawer is a nice addition to separate cheese, meats, etc from other foods. The digital temperature is a feature that allows people to easily set the temperature and know the current temperature.

Cons:The ice machine on my particular fridge does not work well. It spits out ice at 100 miles per hour and it often gets jammed. The temperature in the fridge is uneven and it often freezes some of my produce that is in the back of the drawer. The freezer is also a bit jammed, and I have found this to be true with a lot of side-by-side fridges. Sometimes the temperature will randomly change, too, but perhaps that is something I can fix...

So unless you want frozen carrots and ice all over your floor, I suggest looking elsewhere for a fridge.

Elegant, quiet refridgerater Nice and roomy with lots of option

Comments about Frigidaire Gallery Side-by-Side Refrigerator FGHS2669KE / FGHS2669KP:

An elegant (if you can call a fridge elegant) quiet and roomy fridge. It has all the needed drawers for proper food storage. It has duel settings for he fridge and freezer sides that allow you to pick how warm or cold for the different sides.I like the water purifier so that you have fresh tasting coffee all of the time. Helps cut back on descaling of my Keurig.

Pretty good

It's cool.

This is probably the nicest fridge I've ever owned. We really like it and enjoy many of the features, but I would say there are some things that could be better. Overall, I think it is a great buy and I recommend it.

Noise Level
This thing is quiet; I guess I forgot that refrigerators could be loud!

Interior Organization
The structure gives you a lot of options, but come to think of it, I've never moved them around. The standard default setting seems to work well enough. I like having multiple produce drawers.

Temperature Control
This is a great feature of this fridge where you can choose the exact temperature of both the fridge and freezer sides with the push of a button. I like that it is digital.

This could be better, I hope someone invents a way. I never like cleaning a fridge. This one has easily removable glass shelves.

So far so good.

I like that fingerprints aren't as easy to see!

Right in the middle

Not a lot of freezer space, the refrigerator space is very good, and easy to organize. Has a great feature to alert you if one of the doors have been left open for a long time.

Noise Level
Ice maker can be loud, other than that it is very quiet.

Interior Organization
Freezer takes a lot of work to organize if you like to keep a lot of things in your freezer. I have had to significantly reduce the amount of freezer items I buy because of the lack of space.

Temperature Control
Keeps things very cold. Has various temperature levels to choose from.

Very easy to clean, has spill safe shelves so that spills do not drip down to other shelving levels.

Not very durable, had a shelf break not long after purchasing it on the refrigerator door, that was holding very few, lightweight items.

The refrigerator design is very useful the freezer side is not. I really enjoy the large mouth shelves on the door. The freezer has a slide out drawer at the bottom, does not hold a lot but does make the freezer a bit more useful, however if a lot of items are kept in the drawer it does have a tendency to come off track.

• Temperature Control:

Great Refrigerator at any price.

Great options and size at reasonable price.

Noise Level
Very quiet even when the ice drops. Our last fridge was very noisy when it made ice.

Interior Organization
Door room for even large items.

Temperature Control
Never needs adjustment and no frosting problems.

Who likes cleaning the fridge. Not to bad or easy , mostly neutral.

So for so good, too early to tell.

Giving all the features this has and keeping the price so reasonable, makes this a well designed fridge .

• Temperature Control:

Like it but it is not strong enough to hold what it should

The side panels break too easy

Temperature Control
The freezer gets frost even when turned up

you have to actually take a apart everything to really clean it

I have had to replace a shelf the two crisper shelves a door shelf and now one of my door in the freezer is broken.

Frigidaire Refrigerator

from Moultrie, GA

We have had our refrigerator for about 5 years. The color fits our kitchen and gives it a sofisticated look. Water and ice maker are consistent and have not failed us once. The shelving is easy to remove and adjust. This also makes it easy to clean. The only complaint is the the water dispenser is not as strong as I would like it to be. It takes about 20 seconds to fill a large cup. I would recommend this to everyone as it has been loyal to our family. It is also easyto move from one place to another. It slides in place. Lighting is bright. Its harder to remove the freezer bulb as it is towards the back of the refrigerator. The ice maker is consistent & crushes ice nicely. Sometimes ice gets stuck & you have to use a pick to break it up.

Noise Level
It is quiet but you can tell when its on.

Adjustable

Temperature Control
Very easy to find and change.

As the shelving is removable you can take them out and do a thorough cleaning.

We have had ours for about 5 years.

Its front is plain and simple. But its hard to see scratches or bumps.

• Temperature Control:

Good quality refrigerator with lots of storage space.

I only have two complaints about this product. The milk shelf in the door broke fairly quickly and the water filter cracked.

Noise Level
This one runs very quietly.

Interior Organization
I have plenty of room for groceries for eight people. I can find what I am looking for very quickly.

Everything comes apart quickly and easily for cleaning.

See aforementioned comments.

• Temperature Control:

Worth the money, very reliable, love the space inside

from Oil City, PA

Lots of space, easily adjustable shelves and bins in the door, I can easily fit my entire holiday dinner in it with room to spare! I love my side by side!, the freezer has easy to clean wire shelves, removable, slide out bins, love the ice, crushed or cubes, and water in the door!

Noise Level
Very quiet, the only sound I hear is ice dropping in the ice bin

Interior Organization
Love the space in the door for gallons of milk, the adjustable shelves are great for storing large or tall items like two .liter bottles of pop, I love being able to move the shelves in the door to accommodate tall items!

Temperature Control
Stays at temp, never have to adjust it

Shelves remove for ease of cleaning, door shelves remove easily also, bins are washable and remove easily for cleaning, durable finish inside, wipes clean easily

I've had mine ten years, no problems, I would definitely buy another one!

Love the way it's set up inside, gallon storage in the doors, adjustable shelves, really durable outside finish, doesn't show fingerprints at all!, lots of freezer space, ice and water in the door with lock is great if you have children

• Temperature Control:

Best refrigerator I've ever had.

from Luling, TX

Excellent quality. Looks good, large capacity, easy to access refrigerated items and easy to clean. Only complaint is the water dispenser is very slow (but that may be the water pressure from my house) and the water is barely cool. I would have liked the water to be colder than it is.

Noise Level
Unable to hear the refrigerator run, except when it fills and dumps the ice. It occasionally makes a loud clattering sound, which the paperwork/book that came with it explains is the self-cleaning system.

Interior Organization
The layout and ease of access is great. I rearranged the levels of a couple of the door shelves, which was super easy to do, to make it easier to store tall items such as milk and juice bottles.

Temperature Control
Easy to access and change when needed. Need to read the book to understand which "number" makes the temperature warmer or cooler, but other than that, easy, easy.

I like the side-by-side design but it is somewhat difficult to access the freezer. Unless the freezer door is opened wide, the door shelves gets in the way of accessing the interior shelves.