Other Air Conditioners:
FAC124P1A
Frigidaire 12,000 BTU Air Conditioner

Frigidaire 12,000 BTU Air Conditioner

Frigidaire Air Conditioner keeps us cool

We are definitely satisfied with this air conditioner. Our house doesn't have central air, so we have this air conditioner in our bedroom and it definitely makes it easier to sleep during the summer! We love that we can set this air condition at a certain temperature and it maintains that temperature all night. At first I thought it was silly that it came with a remote control...now I know how nice it is! I keep the remote on my nightstand and when I wake up in the middle of the night and am either too hot or cold, it is SO nice to be able to change the temperature without having to get out of bed! There have been times when we have actually had guests sleeping over on hot summer nights, so we turned the air conditioner on, opened our bedroom door and put a fan in the doorway to blow some of the air down the hall to their room, and this air conditioner actually kept our whole upstairs cool and we were all able to sleep comfortably. It is a bit loud, but we actually like the sound and find that the white noise helps us sleep. We are satisfied with this product and would recommend it to anyone.

Frigidaire works well but loud

We bought this during the summer of last year.  I never really used acs because they always run up the electric bill so we would limit the usage.  We now live in a coop which has gas and light included in the maintenance so we dont worry as much as before about electric of course we dont abuse it but we dont worry about it as much. With that said, we have this on quite often and it is fairly new, yet it makes the most annoying and loud sounds ever.  I called the company and they assured me it didnt seem broken, but if its not broken then why the heck is it so hard to sit in the living room near the thing.  lol  It does cool the room off really well which is why we still have it, but if you are looking for something for the bedroom, this is a no go.  Be careful even the ones that say they are not loud can seem too loud when you live in a quiet building or house.  I would turn it on in the store if possible just to make sure.  This did not meet my expectations...

pretty darn good

from Marquette, MI

Comments about Frigidaire 12,000 BTU Air Conditioner:

I think that this air condition is dfeinatly worth the money. I think that it cooled down our house alm ost immediately. I think that we just basically used it in the main floor of our house and it worked within 1 hour or so, Its super amazing and I would highly recommend this product to anyone. I think that the price was sort of expensive but then again you get what you pay for. I rend to buy them about every other year or so because we end up loosing a part or a cord or sometihng but this one tends to work great for us. I really like the collor and the looks of it as well. Its not too junky or big or clinky. THe nose is actually prettuy quite as well so I would highly recommend this, The white color is the one that we purhased and it looks pretty much higher end. I think that I would suggest a buigger one of you had a really lardge but for something in the 100-200 sq ft rand ge then I think it owuld work wonderful!

Used for 2 summers, still works great!

from Wayne, MI

Comments about Frigidaire 12,000 BTU Air Conditioner:

We live in a ranch house and can not get central a/c for a variety of reasons. We turned to a window air conditioner and after reading the reviews, chose this model! we have been very happy with it, it makes the room feel comfortable for us. We have vaulted ceilings so we were concerned that no window unit would be sufficient, but this once has done the job well. It was easy to install, we had no issues there. I don't like window air conditioners that stick out of the window, but without getting a portable unit, that is something we have to deal with.

We have used this for 2 years now and have had no issues, or complaints. We just now have to change the filter in it, so this will probably be done before the next summer season. We usually use the air conditioner from july until October. We live in Michigan so we don't have extremely hot summers normally, but this summer was an exception, so we were glad to have this air conditioner in our home.

It will cool down any room

from Atlanta, GA

Comments about Frigidaire 12,000 BTU Air Conditioner:

This is a great air conditioner considering the price and how much space that it is capable of cooling. The Frigidaire air conditioner has multiple settings that you can pick depending on how cool you want the room to be. It has sides that slide out in case your window is larger than the width of it with I love because the windows in my house are much larger than air conditioner itself. The air conditioner is pretty big so it can probably cool a least 1 or 2 with no problem depending on how big the rooms are. The Frigidaire also cuts down the humidity so it helps cool down the room so it doesn't feel so hot and sticky. I usually run the air conditioner most of the day and it never gave me a problem as of yet so I'd say it's pretty dependable.

Our Frigidaire window unit saved the vacation!

from Dover, FL

Comments about Frigidaire 12,000 BTU Air Conditioner:

We own a small cabin in the Smokey Mountains where we escape to from Florida a few weeks out of the year. We have always found that there was no need for airconditioning in our cabin until this past summer when I fell ill in July. I was in the hospital and most of the family were there at the cabin while I recouperated during the hottest summer they have had in years there. A timely buy of the Frigidaire window unit made by my husband kept the family cool the hottest days on record there. It was light enough to easily fit in the window and cooled down the main portion of the cabin after closing off the bedroom doors. When I finally was able to return back to the cabin I found a nice cool living room in which to entertain neighbors and friends that visited me after my illness. When we left the unit was easily removed and stored right under the window so that it can be placed back in as soon as we return. Why didn't we do that sooner?

Frigidaire window a/c is a Life Saver!!!

from Fort Worth, TX

Comments about Frigidaire 12,000 BTU Air Conditioner:

This Frigidaire air conditioner window unit was a huge life saver last summer here in Texas! Our central a / c died and we went for two months last summer with out air conditioning! It was tough and even caused me to have a series of heat strokes. Thankfully, a dear friend brought us this frigidaire window unit to use while we could get our central one repaired. It litteraly saved my life. I was amazed at how fast it cooled our home. Since our food was spoiling fast, and even canned goods were exploding in the pantry from the heat, we decided to place it in our kitchen window. It cooled the room down quickly. I loved the ease of use settings. The filter was easy to clean. Within, just a matter of days, the room was so cold we had to turn it back up a few degrees. Normally meant for just one to two rooms, it cooled our breakfast nook, our large kitchen, formal dining, and even our living room. I was astonished how well it worked and considered postponing the central a/c repair.

cool cool

from Tempe, AZ

Comments about Frigidaire 12,000 BTU Air Conditioner:

I bought this air conditioner last summer on sale. Prior to it i have seen this product at my friend's home and got impressed when he showed my few of its features. With that , i decided to get one for my own as my existing air conditioner was getting old with lot of maintainance.Mine is a 3 bedroom 2 bath house and this air conditioner works very well in colling the entire house in quick time.Its went good despite being turned on for almost the entire summer which was a big relief for us compared to earlier summer with old air conditioner. The 3 speed fan can be used according to the exterior temperature and takes cares to adjust the interior temperature on its own. With a handy remote , no need to manually fix the setting every time with changing weather condition as the device can take care of it with your input.So with the effortable pricing , this is a good product to fight summer season. Go for it.

Frigidaire Air Conditioner Model #FAC124 works great

from Milpitas, CA

Comments about Frigidaire 12,000 BTU Air Conditioner:

Frigidaire Air Conditioner Model #FAC124 works great.  The good thing is this  Frigidaire is much cheaper, very much quieter, it cools the room very quickly while it takes a long time for all the others to warm up a 10 X 10 room. It is more energy efficient, which means it's cheaper to run.  I was able to get a rebate where I live for EnergyStar appliances. We only run it when we need to. We try to save energy ourselves, and this unit being so fast in cooling off, it is not for us to save energy. The only problem we had, and it was minor, was that the front of it was cracked and bowed when we received it.I call  customer service  immediately and they were excellent! They ordered me a new cover free of charge and it arrived in a few days later. I would definitely recommend this air conditioner to anyone who is looking for a great Air Conditioner and wonderful customer service." You will enjoy summer more with this.

Amazing Cooling Capability

from Washington, UT

Comments about Frigidaire 12,000 BTU Air Conditioner:

My last year of college me and my girlfriends decided to rent a house near campus. If anyone was familiar with that area, all the homes were old, build in the laste 1950's. We were ever do lucky to find such a home. We were so excited to move it and get established and create this place as our 9 month home. When all was said and done we found out that there was no circular air. We had no AC! Now to me introducing our next line of product. We went to our local retail store and found this to be the air conditioner we were going to purchase. It read 12000 BTU's, quiet, great capabilities/features. The price was great and we needed cool air so we purchased this. Come two months down the road we were so appreciative of the cooler home we had to come home to. This is a product that helps keep the utilities low, keeps cooler air inside, and its pretty dang durable. We were very pleased. I ended up with it once we left and moved out and I cant get enough of it. Great must have!!!

Good aIr Conditioner

from Roanoke, VA

Comments about Frigidaire 12,000 BTU Air Conditioner:

I was cleaning up after Christmas and found my Fridgerdaire FAC124P1A window unit air conditioner underneath the dining room table. I had set it there just before Thanksgiving when we removed it from the window. And it was hidden by the long table cloth. This window air conditioner really throws out the cold air. It cooled the dining area, living room and hallway.   I bought this unit from a thrift store.  And because it was pre-owned I did not expect it to last beyond one season.   I was pesently surprised that  this was our third year of using it, spring through late fall. The fan is not too loud and the constant consistancy of the cool air made hot summer nights more bearable. This is a great  little window unit. I like it a lot.  The Fridgerdaire FAC124P1A window unti air conditioner  is easy to handle and I can get it out of the window al by myself, without any help from anyone else. }

Decent for the price..

from Midway City, CA

Comments about Frigidaire 12,000 BTU Air Conditioner:

It gets extremely hot in California and the built in unit in my house isn't exactly the best so I decided to look for a personal air conditioner to use for my room.  I spent some time researching a ton of air conditioners and finally came upon this one.  I took the plunge and decided to order it.  I received it very quickly surprisingly.  I immediately attempted to install the air conditioner.  This was the first time I had ever done something like this but the instructions were very useful.  I think it took me around an hour to install (what can I say?  I'm not that great with these kind of things haha).  Once the unit was secure and plugged in, I let her rip.  Wow!  Within a few minutes my room was chilly!  I couldn't believe how fantastic this unit cooled my extremely hot room.  My only complaint is the unit is rather loud but I don't leave it on for long periods of time so it's not too bad.  I would definitely recommend this unit to anyone looking for a cool room!