Other Bouncers:

Fisher-Price Itsy Bitsy Baby Bouncer

Pros

Cons

Another excellent FP product

I got the Itsy Bitsy Bouncer when I was pregnant with my first son. I loved it right away. It is so cute. The happy suns and clouds on the soft seat and the cute smiley spiders hanging down are just so appealing. Once my son was born I loved it even more. It was the only thing he liked. He hated his swing, and hated to be held too long. He LOVED to be in the bouncer. He instantly calmed. He is now 2 and a half and the Itsy Bitsy Spider is his favorite song. My second son is not 7.5 months old. He loves the bouncer just about as much as my first son did. He likes to play with the spiders with his feet. Just like my first son, he has figured out if he kicks his feet it will get him bouncing. He entertains himself in the bouncer for quite a while.

One of the best things about the bouncer is that it is GREAT on batteries. I replaced them once with my first son and have only had to replace the battery for the vibration since my second son was born. That is another great thing. The vibration and music have seperate batteries, so you can replace them seperately. The vibration battery runs down much faster and needs to be replaced more often. This might just be because we frequently forget to turn the vibration off after we take the baby out.

The toy bar comes off, which is super. When my son was sick with a cold, I took the toy bar off

My two boys are different as can be, but both LOVE his bouncer, so in my book, that ranks it pretty high on my list of baby necessities.

The Itsy Bitsy Baby Bouncer is OK, but not a must have

So now that I have had three children now ages 2, 4, and 5 I think I have finally figured out the truly important baby purchases and those that really aren't necessary and maybe not even that helpful.  Yes, this is a super cute product, and it really does look like fun in the store.  And I must say as I imagined my baby in the bouncer I thought that I must have it.  So of course we bought it.  Then I tried to put my baby in the bouncer, and he was NOT interested at all.  Tried the vibrating thinking that would help, NOT EVEN A LITTLE BIT.  Tried the music, that got us no where.  Tried this again with baby #2, and with similar results.  But now, toddler #1 wants to play in it, and it certainly isn't meant for a toddler so I spent most of my time trying to keep my toddler out of it, while not being able to use it for my infant.  I had somewhat better results with #3, she would sit it in for a bit, although then I really had to watch that my 1 & 3 year old weren't trying to flip her out or tip her over trying to turn on the music while she was in it.  So, yes it is cute, but not sure if it is really worth the money.  I wish I had saved my money and bought something else (put it toward a 2nd excersaucer - now that is worth it's weight in gold)

baby bouncer

Comments about Fisher-Price Itsy Bitsy Baby Bouncer:

This is one of the best things they have come up with. Who ever made this was a master mind. My son would rather be in this than his swing. He screams and all I do is put him it is and bounce him with my foot and it calms him down or puts him right to sleep. Plus he loves the toys that are right in front of him. It is easy to take it apart and put the fabric in the washing machine.

gives you a little freetime

from Coeur D Alene, ID

Comments about Fisher-Price Itsy Bitsy Baby Bouncer:

We received this as a gift and it has come in handy when we need it.  I am sure my baby will be more into the movements and music as he gets older, but the vibration at least distracts him when he's a little fussy.  Sometimes you just need a helping hand.

Itsy Bitsy Spider Bouncer is disappointing

from Sun Prairie, WI

Comments about Fisher-Price Itsy Bitsy Baby Bouncer:

I got the FIsher-Price Itsy Bitsy Spider Baby Bouncer and I was so excited about it. I loved that it vibrated and played the Itsy Bitsy Spider song as well as other musical songs. I quickly became not so impressed with it. First, it uses four D cell batteries. My son only sits in it for at most 30 minutes a day and I am changing batteries every three weeks!! It eats through batteries so quickly!! Next, the songs that it plays are very annoying. I think even my baby gets annoyed by them! The vibration works about the best out of everything and my son loves that part. The overhead gym does disconnect easily, which I like. I like how the spiders go up and down and the cat in the pictures moves back and forth as the songs play. There is another mode to the toy, but I haven't figured out what it is for. It seems to have a mind of its own - not sure if it is movement activated or not. Now that my son weighs more, the songs don't play though and keep starting over even with new batteries.

Happy with the Fisher Price Itsy Bitsy Baby Bouncer

from Salt Lake City, UT

Comments about Fisher-Price Itsy Bitsy Baby Bouncer:

I have really enjoyed this bouncer, and have been happy that I got it. When my son was a newborn baby, he hated his baby swing, but he loved this bouncer! He just fit in it better, and had more to look at. The swing limited his views. This bouncer is BRIGHT blue with white clouds on it. Perfect for newborns who love bright colors! The dangling spider toys are adorable. They move uo and down while music plays. I like that their is a volume control setting, quiet, or a bit louder. The vibrating is a nice feature, it was soothing to my son. This little chair is light weight and easy to move and transport from one foom to the next. It was nice to buckle my baby in this seat, and have it in the bathroom with me while I showered. I could peak out, and see that he was copletely entertained with this bouncer seat. It did take a while before he could reach the toys, but soon enough he could kick them, then reach with his hands later on.

Not too fond. But good enough

from Youngstown, OH

Comments about Fisher-Price Itsy Bitsy Baby Bouncer:

I wasnt too fond of this product because it wasnt too comfortable. And it is cheap and chinsy looking. I bought one when my son was born over a year ago and it worked for about 2 days then just completely stopped working. We tried to switch batteries and do everything, and it would not work. It was uncomfortable for my baby, the bounce wasnt too good, either was the vibration. The baby was fussy in it, and bored. It doesnt fold or do anything to make storage easier, it is not too big, but wouldnt fit in a standard closet space. This product was cheap and affordable, but you bascially get what you pay for it. It plays music, which is about the only good thing about it... It has like 3 songs. The battery life isnt too good. It dies pretty quickly. Like I said mine died after about 2 days. It broke- quit working. It wasnt too good of a product, I wouldnt recomment it to anyone if they have a picky baby.

Fishe price is good

from Royersford, PA

Comments about Fisher-Price Itsy Bitsy Baby Bouncer:

We have the fisher price baby bouncer and it totally occupied our little princess! She had some issues with relfex and the fisher price bouncer kept her occupied. Another great feature is the vibrating feature as that was a huge help when my little princess was going through one of her reflux issues. It would calm her down and sometimes put her to sleep which was a huge releif for me! The toys are cute and also kept her occupied while I made dinner. She figured out if she kicked the bottom, the music would play and then she was in charge! Cleaning the bouncer is so easy. The cover comes right off with no effort and is completely machine washable! It also dries super fast so it takes no time to clean it so you can put your little one back in without missing a beat of fun! It is also compact and small so it can go anywhere without getting int he way. They have many colors and themes. I highly recommend it!

My daughter liked her carseat more than the bouncer

from Tiger Country, LA

Comments about Fisher-Price Itsy Bitsy Baby Bouncer:

I was very excited to get my daughter a Fisher Pricer bouncer but to my surprise she did not enjoy it as much as her carseat. We still used it and it did comfort her some of the time, but overall I did not get my money's worth with this purchase. One other negative I experienced with the toy was that it made a weird whirring noise when the aquarium toy was attached so I used it mainly without the toys attached. I liked the Fisher Price aquarium theme--super cute and gender neutral. I also liked that their was the option to use the bouncer with or without the toys. I liked that the fabric could be removed and run through the washing machine and I liked that the bottom of the bouncer flips up for easier storage. Honestly I think my baby just didn't like being "bounced" but to a mommy of a baby that did like that movement, this bouncer would probably be invaluable. I'd recommend to friends and family with the caution that their baby may just not be a bouncer loving baby.

Baby bouncer is a must-have

from Longmeadow, MA

Comments about Fisher-Price Itsy Bitsy Baby Bouncer:

This bouncer was the first "baby gadget" that we used upon arriving home from the hospital. It's a great "landing spot" for resting baby while you need to do other things and need your hands free! It doesn't support a whole lot of weight, so it's really only good for the first 6 months or so of the baby's life, but the lights, sounds and soothing vibration modes are mesmorizing to a baby, so it seems. I've seen babies stop crying and fussing within seconds of being placed in this bouncer. I also really liked that the cover is completely washable, including the seatbelt/straps. It slips right off and can go into the washing machine. It's also easily taken apart and put back into the box for storage. Very well-worth the price, and the music is not annoying, unlike many other bouncers/swings on the market. An additional feature that separates this bouncer is the "bubbling" noises that it makes to accompany the "water" in the aquarium. Very cute and soothing!

This is the best bouncer I received at my shower (I got 5!)

from Tremonton, UT

Comments about Fisher-Price Itsy Bitsy Baby Bouncer:

I received the Fisher-Price Itsy Bitsy Baby Bouncer for my first baby shower. It was sort of funny, because at that one shower, I got five bouncers!!! So I did some research and found that I liked the Fisher-Price Itsy Bitsy Baby Bouncer the best! I returned the rest!

I loved the theme and the fabric, as It could work for either a boy or a girl. The cover is even machine washable, which is nice because babies are messy!

I really enjoyed the music. It was nice to have some variations rather than just one song playing over and over! My first daughter could sing "The Itsy Bitsy Spider" at two years old!

The vibrate mode was also a must have feature! It would but my babies right to sleep!

It has a great It has lasted through two of my babies, and my eleven month old still likes to play with it by pulling the spiders to hear the music. It is still in fantastic condition, and I will use it with future babies as well.

Itsy Bitsy Baby Bouncer is nice, but not necessary

from Anchorage, AK

Comments about Fisher-Price Itsy Bitsy Baby Bouncer:

While the baby bouncer is cute and appealing, I definitely would not rate it as one of the "must haves" of babyhood. However, if you do want a bouncer seat, this would probably be a decent option.

On the plus side, this bouncer seat is sturdy and durable. It has a metal frame and a thick, soft fabric cover. The cover is easily removable for washing, which is very nice! The bouncer has rubber "legs" which makes it stick to whatever surface you place it on. I would sometimes put the seat on the kitchen table, so my little one could watch what I was doing while in the kitchen.

The biggest cons of this seat is the hanging toys. Granted, they are nice for the little babies to look at, but after awhile, they just obstruct the babies vision when he would rather look around the room or interact with a real person. Later on, when the baby is old enough to grab and play with the toys, they can't really reach them, and generally still aren't strong enough to bounce the seat around all by themselves.

But this seat is nice for a light-sleeping baby. It is soft and comfortable so you can place your little infant in it for a nap, while you are in the shower, or other times of the day when you aren't able to hold him.