Other Bouncers:
Fisher-Price Rainforest Bouncer

Fisher-Price Rainforest Bouncer

Pros

Cons

The Fisher Price Rainforest Bouncer is a decent bouncer.

My first two sons are separated by 10 years. When the second one came along I received a bouncer and a Boppy™, and I remember thinking at the time that I wish I'd had these wonderful baby-rearing accoutrements with the first one, but to the best of my knowledge, they had yet to be invented.

Eight years after the second one was born I had my third son, and a bouncer was one of the first things I registered for, as I now considered it to be an indispensable item. I did a ton of "research", reading hundreds of reviews online, without even glancing at the least expensive or the most expensive varieties; I'm of the notion that you get what you pay for, up to a point. Also, being a practical person, there is a limit to what I consider a reasonable price for something that you'll only use for a few months at most.

In the end I decided on this bouncer, and am pleased with it overall I guess. The vibration lulled my son to sleep when he was just a couple of weeks old. At right about three months he would start to giggle at the lights and moving animals and bat at the hanging toys. His eyes would light up when you sat him in the bouncer, and he would sit in it occasionally for as long as 20 or 30 minutes contentedly. In the last couple of weeks I've noticed he seems to be getting a little bored with it, but I don't blame the bouncer; he's just craving other activities, and doesn't like to be so reclined anymore.

It's solid in design, has decent battery life; about a solid month on 4 D batteries, using it everyday for 20-40 minutes. The toy bar comes off easily, which is nice because it's so big that with it on it's difficult for him to see anything else without turning his head to the side. It cleans up easily with a damp cloth, but the cover isn't removable for machine washing. It has VERY loud colors, so if you like more muted colors this isn't the bouncer for you. I love that you can turn the sound off altogether, without turning off the lights and mechanical parts. Too few baby toys offer this option. Great for when Dad and me are trying to watch a TV show.

Overall it's nothing more or less than what I expected.

Cute, but not the best

This bouncer was purchased by us for my 3 year old when she was a brand new baby, and therefore right off the bat, I must give it some points for durability. It has been through three moves and it still "works". My daughter loved it, and we could put her in it for almost an hour at a time. She seemed to never get bored of it, or the cute little monkey. My husband especially liked it because the rainforest theme matched our swing at the time (his OCD is another story :)) Anyways, the problem comes in with that very monkey that kids seem to like so much. There is a part on the arch that moves back and forth, and my daughter managed to get her finger pinched in that area. She survived, but it wasn't pretty, and needless to say, it has not been my favorite since. Fast forward to present. We decided to give it another go with our youngest daughter when she was still too young to stick her fingers anywhere near the monkey; however, she did not take to it as well. She was a quick developer and learned how to roll over, or at least throw her weight in a direction quickly enough to convince us that she wasn't too far from rolling over with the bouncer, before she ever even began to show an interest in the toy. So, it is back to collecting dust. I guess it really depends on the nature of your baby.

My sons favorite thing!

Comments about Fisher-Price Rainforest Bouncer:

This is my 3 month old sons' absolute favorite thing. Often times he will only fall asleep if we rock him in this bouncer. He loves to sit in it and watch Disney Jr. He also loves the vibrations, and will react if they stop. He is just getting to the point where he will notice the toys on the toy bar, but I'm sure as he grows he will like them more. I love that it's not heavy or hefty, as we're constantly moving him between rooms. My only complaint is the head support, or lack thereof. They really should have put some padding for baby's head, as its actually quite stiff and unforgiving on their developing skulls. I usually end up putting some kind of cushion behind my little one's head, like an extra car seat head cushion. I actually have the monkey version of this bouncer and it's very cute. The music is very festive without being overly loud or annoying, and the lights keep him entertained. I would recommend this product to any new mom. It's been such a lifesaver for us.

It's okay, but wouldn't buy it again

Comments about Fisher-Price Rainforest Bouncer:

I have ended up with two of these bouncers and both have problems. My daughter did love the toy bar....when it worked. Both bouncers seemed to have problems with the toy bar. One you had to continuously jiggle the bar to get it to connect and work properly without cutting on and off. The other, the animal that goes up and down kept getting stuck and making an annoying clicking noise. The concept is wonderful and it really is wonderful when it works right. I just wouldn't invest more money in risking another one.

My son loves this!

Comments about Fisher-Price Rainforest Bouncer:

The best thing about bouncers is the portability, but this by far is our favorite one! my son has a hard time falling asleep but we never have any issues getting him down for naps in this. He loves to hang out in this on the table while I prepare dinner, or sit next to me while I do the laundry. It has a ton of things he can look and play with to keep him entertained.

wonderful

from Nanuet, NY

Comments about Fisher-Price Rainforest Bouncer:

Once again, Fisher Price h has the come up with a very useful product for infants and older babies. The Fisher Price Rainforest bouncer is made with the same print as the rainforest gym and I notice the babies turning sideways to peek at the animals on it. It comes with a switch that you can use to make it vibrate. I often turn on the switch and gently rock the back up and down to help rock them to sleep. the baby is awake there is an attachment that looks like a waterfall (which lights up) and has soothing sounds that you can turn on. There are two animals on the bottom that the child can pull or push and that will restart the light and music. As the baby gets older, he or she can actually bounce themselves. Since we keep this on the rug on the floor, it is a safe place to put the baby down. Most important, I forgot to mention that there is also a strap that comes up from the bottom and latches across the front to keep the baby safely in place

calming seat

from Hebron, MD

Comments about Fisher-Price Rainforest Bouncer:

**The Fisher-Price Rainforest Bouncer is a life saver for myself and my wife. This product is very easy to assemble and only requires one D battery. The fist month and a half our newborn baby lived in the Fisher-Price, the gentle vibrations of the seat was the only thing that could sooth our son. The bouncer would put our son to sleep within twenty minutes when he was tired. When our son was awake he loved to stare at and unintentional swing at the hanging monkey. The colors of the Fisher-Price bouncer were also intriguing and my sons attention for a hour or two everyday. The one negative of the Fisher-Price Rainforest Bouncer is it leans back pretty far I do wish there was an adjustable rod that could control the incline action. Currently, I put books under the base bar to prop my son up into a more sitting positions after feedings. I suggestion for this product would be some sort of timer to save battery life.**

The Bouncer was just OK for us

from Mechanicsville, VA

Comments about Fisher-Price Rainforest Bouncer:

This was not an item my son loved. As I have said in my other reviews, I'm not a huge fan of "baby holder" devices in general, but they all have their place. We used this mostly when I was in the shower, to keep our son nearby and safe. He did not use it often during the day otherwise, though we tried on occasion. The bouncer worked just fine, and the toys did what they were supposed to do. I have seen reviews that the music was too loud or made clicking noises, but we didn't notice any of those issues. The vibrations were just fine, too. I do wish it had bounced a little on its own, which would have been nice so that our baby felt like he was being rocked rather than buzzed. We would strap him into this thing and put it in the bathroom so I could shower in peace. It was especially helpful when he was dealing with croup, because he was able to sit in it for a while and I could bounce/rock him to sleep, and he could stay in the bathroom inhaling the steam.

Must Have!!

from Shermans Dale, PA

Comments about Fisher-Price Rainforest Bouncer:

We've had the Fisher-Price rainforest bouncer for our last 2 children.  We had a bouncer chair for our first 4 children as well, but it was a different one.  I must say I truly love this one and would recommend it to anybody!  This one really bounces up and down just with babies movements.  I don't remember our old one bouncing on its own like this one does.  It also has a vibrater in it, which we don't use since we have a very calm baby, but it would of came in handy with a couple of our colicky babies!  There's also a toy attachment that comes with it, and once again I rarely ever use that for my 4 month old because he's so calm, but I may put it back on now that he's gotten older.  It plays music and has toys that hang from it, very cute theme!  I also love this one because the cover is super easy to wash.  I usually have to get my husband take things apart for me, but I can actually do this one all by myself!

The Fisher-Price Rainforest Bouncer is a lifesaver

from Laconia, NH

Comments about Fisher-Price Rainforest Bouncer:

We bought the Fisher-Price Rainforest Bouncer when my son was a few months old. We had a different one previously, but it was older and didn't have any toys and didn't make any noises. When we first put my son in this bouncer, he loved it! He laughed and giggled and couldn't get enough of all the lights and sounds that it made. I bought several other Fisher-Price Rainforest baby items because I loved the bouncer so much. This bouncer was used until my son was almost a year old. He loved it so much that he would nap in it and play in it. It got a lot of use with him. My daughter also got a lot of use out of this bouncer and we will use it for our future children as well. The seat was soft and comfortable for the baby to lay in but also provided entertainment as well. This bouncer was one of my favorites that I have ever seen and I would buy another one if I could. The colors and design are great and perfect for baby!

great in every way

from Willow Spring, NC

Comments about Fisher-Price Rainforest Bouncer:

I received this little gem as a hand-me-down from a family member. Even after 2 kids it was in primo shape when I recieved it. The colors are bright and cheerful. I didn't even use the attachment until my daughter was around 4 months old. It was neccesary. She sat in the little bouncer by herself and was content to just sit there and watch. There were batteries in the seat itself which produced a low vibration in the chair. Just enough to put her sleep. When I finally added the cute attachment and turned it on, she was mesmerized. The animals on the bar dance and jump around to the tune of jungle music. The waterfall is pretty awesome. It glows and looks very similar to a real life waterfall. The toys hanging from the bar are entertaining and cute. She would bat at the parrot and it would spin much to my daughter's delight. I used the chair up until this last month. At 9 months, she was getting strong each to bounce the chair off of the floor. I was afraid she would flip it so I put it away for the next one.

She loves it---that's enough for me!

from Texarkana, TX

Comments about Fisher-Price Rainforest Bouncer:

My 4-month-old absolutely loves this bouncer! She's been playing with it and using it since she was born and it's wonderful with the toy bar or without, using the vibration or not and just using the bouncer as a seat. She loves the vibration.  When supervised, my baby uses it without being strapped in and now that she's moving a lot more, the strapped belt is great to keep her from scootching down in the seat. She loves watching the monkey and frog and grabbing and kicking the bird and hanging monkey. The music is great and not nearly as annoying as most baby toys/items and the optional rainforest sound feature is soothing for baby and parents. Everything about this bouncer has been worth the money. We were relunctant to buy a new bouncer because they're expensive and we thought we'd just get one at a garage sale, but I'm so glad we shopped around and splurged.  I think it's worth every penny.