View more booster seats

Fisher-Price Healthy Care Deluxe Booster Seat P0278 / B7275 / W3138

Pros

Cons

• Safety:

this booster seat does a great job

The Fisher-Price Booster Seat is a great value. It is a cheaper option than other booster seats. Someone could get away with using it as a space saver seat to feed a baby instead of buying a pricey high chair. Even though we already have a high chair, we purchsed this seat as a travel seat for our child. We wanted to use it in a hotel room to feed our infant. It has come in handy so many times. We used it right away before we went on vacation when we just happened to have it in our car at a graduation party. It was perfect to feed our toddler in instead of having to sit him at a big picnic table or hold him on our laps. We were able to secure him to a chair and feel he was safe. It is very stable when attached to a chair. What a nice treat it was for all of us eat at the same time! This booster is neutral colors so it works well if you have a boy or a girl. It doesn't have that baby look that some baby items have because it is ivory and maroon colored. It is very portable. The back of the seat folds down and I can put it back in the box when we are not using it. I always try to have it in my car for when we need it. Soon we will use it inside as a booster seat when my oldest outgrows his highchair and passes it on to his brother. We have certainly gotten our money's worth from this seat already. It is nice that there are secure straps to attached to the back and bottom of the chair. There is also a lap strap to keep the child secure. There is plastic between the childs legs so they can not squirm out the bottom. The seat back that folds up also gives the child lots of support. The tray attaches to the seat and can be used in different positions. It came with a cover for the tray that we do not use. Extra stuff on a tray gets knocked off by my child but at least the tray on this seat is very secure. The booster seat can also be used without the tray so your child can be higher at the regular table. My son likes the independence of this seat. It lets him sit up at the table with bigger kids and adults. The plastic is easy to wipe down if he makes a mess. It seems to be indestructable and that is a key factor when buying a product that can last from infancy to toddlerhood. Even a child with chunky legs can fit in this seat. This is a well-made product that will last way beyond my two children. Fisher-Price is a company I trust and I know that if I have any problems with this product I can contact them. I would expect them to solve the problem. This is a great seat to have on hand at Grandma's house or to take on vacation. I love having it with us wherever we go. It is lightweight and easy to assemble. For such a simple product, it does all sorts of things. It is a travel seat, a chair with a tray, and a booster seat for a child to reach the table. My son even likes to sit in the seat on the floor to color his coloring books. It keeps him contained and safe while he plays. It must not be uncomfortable because he is willing to sit in it voluntarily although I can't imagine that a plastic seat is cushy. While you can live without this seat, why would you? The price is excellent for something that you can use a lot. It gets much more use than many of the baby products we were sure we had to have. I'm not sure what is "Healthy Care" about it but it is a fantastic booster seat. It would make an excellent baby shower gift. I am glad we have it now for our toddler to use instead of having two high chairs.

Nice but not worth the money

We recieved this at our first childs baby shower from a family member who said the chair was her favorite baby item.  We don't have a whole lot of room in our kitchen and this booster seat just doesn't fit into one of our regular chairs quite right.  In the end it turns out a regular high chair was easier to use then this booster seat.  So we never really use the booster seat in the house.  We do however use it on the rare occasion that we go out to eat or camping.  Other then not being all that useful for us my other big problem with this seat is the safety straps.  Once while using the seat my son had started to choke very bad, so bad that he needed the heimlich manuver done.  I could not get him out of the seat.  The straps just didn't want to come undone and it seemed to take forever removing the straps and the tray.  After this experience I no longer felt safe using the 'safety' straps.   Unfortunately the seat sits in storage most of the time and when we took it out of storage the straps had molded.  I bleached the straps and scrubbed them down and they still won't come clean.  I finally had to cut the straps off and as long as you use the tray with the seat my kids couldn't get out of it.

On the go booster is awesome

from Michigan

Comments about Fisher-Price Healthy Care Deluxe Booster Seat P0278 / B7275 / W3138:

My grandmother had purchased this for us for our son. Our son is now three years old and we will be using this for our daughter, when she gets big enough for a booster. So it has withstood the durability test! My favorite thing about this seat is that you can take it anywhere with you! When you go to visit relatives or out to eat, if there is an adult chair you can make this work! We have used this seat literally everywhere! I prefer this booster seat rather than the booster seats and high chairs that they have at the restaurants for you. It secures underneath the chair with a strap as well as around the back of the chair with the strap. And there is no wiggling the seat out of place, even the slightest, we've tried! So you know your child is safe when you put them in the seat. I also love that the tray comes with two different pieces.

Sturdiness
VERY sturdy, once you strap it into a chair it is not going anywhere.

VERY good durability since we are now using the same seat for our second child.

Safety
Double strap to the seat and baby strapped in the seat as well. Super safe seat!

Very easy to clean.

Fantastic seat, great value

from South Weymouth, MA

My husband and I bought this seat with the intention of it being a spare seat at my in laws house. We were looking for an inexpensive option to keep at their house so that when we would visit (which is quite frequently...especially in the summer months as they have a pool!). The price fit the bill, and since it folded up it wouldn't take up much space in their home.

We quickly learned how awesome this seat was! It fit everything we needed it to at the in laws house. We were able to take it with us on a camping vacation (eating in a lodge cafeteria style) and it traveled well. Clean up was also super easy with the seat. Being all plastic wiping up messes was a simple thing to do.

Our daughter has now outgrown the seat, and our youngest niece uses it at the in laws house now. It has lasted 4 years and two children, and still counting!

We learned how great this seat was by accident. I tell every new mom I know about it, and have even bought it as a gift for new parents. It's super handy, very durable, and a great value.

Always in use

from Hopkins, MI

We generally use this as a booster for our toddler at the table (no tray) at home, however, our baby has also put it to use many times with the tray. We also pack it anytime we share a meal at another's house. Love that it can adjust in height, be used with or without the tray, has buckles for wiggly little ones, easily attaches to any chair with two straps that have plenty of length for adjustment and that it is so easy to clean. O fabric, it wipes down in a snap. Tray cover keeps little dishes inside during travel, food tray snaps out for dishwasher cleaning, and the whole thing folds compact for travel. What a great seat!

Great for toddlers.

from Pocatello, ID

We’ve used this high chair with two of our children. It’s been a great booster seat. It’s nice and portable and you can take it along wherever you go. The tray hooks right onto the chair so its not too bulky to put in your car to go over to a friend’s house. It has two different buckles to buckle to the chair for safety. It also fits nicely right under our table, when using it as a booster (with the tray) at the table. It’s a nice added height for my daughter so she can join our meals with us at the table. I like that the tray also has a cover to it. A nice feature.
It's easy to clean with a rag and doesn't require you to wash a cover that covers over the chair.

Wonderful booster!

from Silverdale, WA

We love this so much, we ended up buying a second one for my moms house. I love that it has adjustable feet, so you can raise up your younger child and then as they grow, you can lower it back down. It is so easy to clean and our son loves being able to sit at the table like a big boy with us. The only thing I dont care for is that the straps are nylon and quite hard to clean. My little one loves watermelon and that has stained it. Anything with color will stain the straps, unless you can bleach it out. Overall though, we love this booster.

• Safety:

Awesome for families on the go!

from Trinity, NC

We take it everywhere! Church, camping, out to dinner, We attach the chair to the picnic table at the camp ground, at church, the chairs at the table are great for sitting the Fisher-Price Healthy Care Deluxe Booster Seat into, and the same at resturants we dine at! The only issue we have run into is getting the straps clean when the baby spills food on them. Maybe FP could make them removable?

Love it!

from Pompano Beach, FL

Love it! A Must have item. There are three different height settings for different growth stages. The back and the trays are remove-able, turning the seat into a booster for older children. There are straps on both sides and on the back of the seat. The straps make it easy to place the booster seat on any chair, and they are very secured so it makes me feel comfortable having my baby sitting in it. What I like about it the most is that it does not take up any extra space at home. At home, we used it on the floor or on the dining table chair. And we can take it to the restaurant. We travel a lot, but the seat is very durable so we can bang it or carry it all over the place without breaking it. The clean up is easy. The tray fits perfectly in my dishwasher and comes out spotless. There are no cracks or crannies where the food could fall into and hidden for little insects to find. It is quite affordable comparing to other high chairs or booster seat. I have one at my place and one at grandma. Well worth every penny.

Sturdiness
My kid moves around and tried to get off the seat all the time, and the seat is still attached properly to the chair, didn't even move an inch.

Safety
Doesn't matter what my child does, the seat stays in the chair, and she is stuck on the seat.

Quick rinse, and everything comes off.

great fisher-price booster seat

from Jacksonville, FL

I had a highchair that I used with all four of my grandchildren. It was older and the legs stuck out at the bottom. When my granddaughter was about 1 1/2 years old, she was much smaller than than the other grandchildren and I knew that she would have to be up higher for a longer period of time. So I researched booster seats and this one caught my attention. There is a way to make it higher, which is nice. The price was great. The color is pretty neutral. It sits flat on the chair that I have it on. It also has straps to attach it to the back and underneath the chair. All in all, a great booster seat.

• Safety:

Fisher Price Healthy Care Deluxe Booster Seat is awesome!

from Richardson, TX

This is yet another item that I would consider at the top of my list for baby items to buy.  It's great because it's a wonderful alternative for taking to grandma's house when you don't want to lug the huge highchair with you.  Also, it's great for using as a booster seat at your own kitchen table when you are done with a normal highchair and are getting your little one to eat at the table like everyone else.  It is easy to clean and use.  I would buy this again in an instant if I had another baby.  If I HAD to think of a negative, it would be that the tray is small (but if it weren't, then it wouldn't be so compact, which is part of the beauty of this).  So, if you were looking for a larger tray, then go with the full size fisher price highchair that is made to attach to a kitchen chair.  I also like the ability to adjust the height.  Makes it so you can use the seat for a longer period of time.

The Perfect High Chair

from Holland, MI

The Fisher Price Healthy Care Booster Seat has been the perfect high chair for my kids.  We started with this one and never needed another.  It straps on to a chair and therefore takes up much less room than a standard high chair.  My girls fit in these chairs even when they were really little.  The seat has three level settings on it so as they grow you can move adjust the height of the booster.  One huge plus to me is that this seat wasn't covered in vinyl - vinyl can often contain lead and other dangerous toxins.  The seat is comfy enough without the padded plastic, my girls have never complained about it.  We use two of these seats every day and have had them for 4 years now, with no issues or signs of wear.  I definitely recommend getting the FIsher Price Healthy Care Booster Seat for your little one!  Oh, another plus of course is that it folds up and travels well to Grandma's house or on vacation.  Grandma even ended up buying one for her own house since these are so inexpensive!