4.1

4.1

Pros

Cons

• Safety:

Bumbo is a good seat, not sure what the hype is about though!!

I bought the Bumbo baby-sitter with a tray from a second hand store; I wasn't excited enough about getting it to pay full price! We got a mont green one and it's cute!! The material the Bumbo is made from is soft and squishy and comfortable for my daughter to sit on. The tray however is hard plastic so you do have to watch incase baby falls forward and catches themself on it.

The tray itself is easy to fit to the bumbo, it slips onto the top of the middle post that goes between baby's legs and then has a rim that slides underneath the Bumbo to keep it in place - it can be kind of tricky to slide that rim underneath when a heavy baby is sat in the Bumbo, especially on carpets!!

My daughter will sit in the Bumbo for a few minutes and I place a couple of her favourite toys on the play tray; she doesn't quite have the level of head control that I am 100% happy to leave her in there for long and she gets bored after a reasonably short period of time anyway (maybe because she can't look around as easily because she's so upright?) and then frustrated because she can't move her legs etc around as much as she can in her bouncer seat.

We place my daughter in her Bumbo at least once a day for a few minutes as it is meant to be good for strengthening baby's back muscles and helping them learn to sit up - my daughter already tries to sit up in her bouncer and on our laps, so hopefully this will help her get to the point where she can get all the way up and stay there within a few months!

Overall I don't really understand what all the hype is about, maybe after a few months if we notice an improvement/development in our daughter that can only be put down to the Bumbo seat I will be back raving about it, but so far - it's a soft, sturdy seat for baby to sit in and the play tray means you can give baby something to play with (and eventually finger foods etc) which is within their reach!

I hate the bumbo!!!!!

Now that I have your attention... =) I absolutely hate the bumbo based on my experience with my son. He is currently 10 months old and was NEVER able to comfortably make this "miracle" seat work for us. My college roommate claimed that this device was a must have with her girls. I might begin by saying that my husband is a large man (not fat....tall). My son, consequently, is very tall. I was hoping that this chair would help support him when he couldn't support himself very well. He was able to temporarily sit in the bumbo seat but it awkwardly didn't support his long torso and he just would slump to one side. I thought...maybe he just needs to be a little older. When he could support his neck well, it awkwardly bend him a little too far forward. His legs very quickly didn't fit in the leg slots and I always felt like I was hurting him when removing him from the chair. I don't like that you HAVE to use it on the floor, as everyone that I know wants to place it on a sofa, counter, etc. When he was old enough to properly sit up in the chair, he didn't need the device. I think its expensive. I think its awkward. I just absolutely found not use for this EXTREMELY EXPENSIVE chair! It you want a high chair that doesn't take up a lot of space, fisher price has a table top high chair in variety of patterns, colors, and will grow with your child at any age. The high chair would support a child without neck support all the way to acting as a booster seat. I wish I would have NEVER bought a bumbo and just used our fisher price "chair" high chair instead.

WAY TOO RIGID!

It probably will be around 50 years from now unless your dog chews it up.

read above...

Safety
Extremely unsafe! No straps to attach it to a chair and busy children will easily topple it over.

Great for supported sitters

from Florida

Comments about Bumbo Baby Seat with Play Tray:

I love the Bumbo, and the addition of the tray makes it more versatile and allows the chair to grow with baby as they begin to feed themselves.

The chair is made out of a super awesome foam like material that not only is super comfy for baby but it also is super easy to clean. The tray is made of a hard plastic and is also super easy to clean.

They are great for babies as soon as they become supported sitters until they are almost one. The tray allows baby to play or eat and feed themselves.

They are a little pricey but I personally think they are s good investment, and would recommend them to new moms.

Sturdiness
They are very sturdy almost surprisingly so for what they are made of.

They are very durable, I've used them often in daycares and they have stood up well.

The design of the chair and trays are simple but cute, the chairs come in a lot of different colors and they have come out with slipcovers for the chairs with really adorable patterns.

Safety
These are safe. Very safe.

Super easy to clean.

Sounds like a good idea

Comments about Bumbo Baby Seat with Play Tray:

The idea of the Bumbo seat really is an excellent one. The problem is that the idea is better than the outcome of the product. I have the Bumbo seat with the safety straps and removable tray. I understand the need for the straps, but the placement of the straps makes them so difficult to use that they are really almost pointless. The two side straps are basically attached right under the babies' butt instead of beside them, and the center strap is attached to the middle piece that separates their legs. Maybe it's just me, but it just seemed to bother my son a little when I had it strapped through down the middle. I actually loved the tray though. It was much easier to entertain my son when I was able to put toys or snacks on the tray. It's a little more complicated to put on and remove than I was expecting, but other than that, the tray is awesome.
My son has tipped himself in this seat more than once. There were no serious injuries, but it definitely scared the both of us. In the end that just left me a little uncomfortable with the whole seat in general.

Healpful

from Syracuse, New York

Comments about Bumbo Baby Seat with Play Tray:

When my daughter was young she was a runner. I bought the Bumbo Baby Seat with Play Tray for a few different reasons but, among them, my main reason was that it had a safety strap. It worked great for strapping her in and letting her play while she was sitting. I also was able to give her snacks on the tray or place a few squeeze toys up their for her to easily reach. I also used it as a booster seat for the kids table because she was old enough to feed herself. I like the Bumblo Baby Seat because it is very light weight, durable and small. It fits easily into places and it travels well also. I also liked the little designs around it. I thought that they were very cute. It is worth the money spent to have added peace of mind and an easier home life with a baby.

Bumbo Provides Multi-Use Baby/Toddler Seat

Comments about Bumbo Baby Seat with Play Tray:

Our Bumbo seats with trays were received as a gift and have been used well over the past several years. The seats are a fun and easy way to assist baby with sitting upright before they are able to hold themselves up to sit. It is made of a soft foam material which is lightweight, easy to clean and well cushioned for comfort and safety. When used properly, this is a great seat for little ones. Safety issues have been reported for babies left unattended in the seat or seated in the Bumbo on a high surface such as a table or countertop - neither are intended uses for this seat.

We always maintained the Bumbos on the floor and as baby learns to crawl and climb, they are able to get in and out of the seat themselves or with little assistance. Keep in mind that chunky baby legs set into the seat quite well and may require a little extra help getting in and out of the Bumbo.

Our trays were never well liked by our babies and rarely used. This aspect is an add-on that we could have done without. I've heard of many parents ditching the Bumbo once the baby gets chubby and the fit is snug in the seat, or once they can sit up on their own. I highly suggest holding onto the seat for later use, as our twins used them as little lounge chairs after they leaned out again and they were enjoyed for several years (until nearly age 4!). The useful life of these seats is far longer than I anticipated, and in my experience, many parents give their Bumbos away far too early. Our kids got more use and enjoyment out of these seats as toddlers than they ever did as infants!

Great For Helping Babies Learn To Sit

Comments about Bumbo Baby Seat with Play Tray:

I got Bumbo Baby Seat from a friend who didn't use it anymore. She said it was very helpful for her son when he wasn't able to sit by himself yet. So I started using it for my son when he was about 5 months and was learning to sit. My son looked very comfortable sitting on this seat, because it was so soft yet strong enough to hold his weight. The back of this seat was great to support his back so he didn't get tired too soon after sitting for a while. The sides of this seat was also high enough and the front part between the legs was a great safety to keep him from falling of the seat. The tray was also good for him to learn to pick up small snacks by himself. It's material was waterproof and it was very easy to clean this seat. Too bad this seat is only applicable for babies who can't sit well yet and not big enough for toddlers.

Not a high chair!

Comments about Bumbo Baby Seat with Play Tray:

People buy this seat to help their baby learn to sit up. I say that a baby will learn to sit up on his own just fine without it, and some say that these seats hinder their learning. We borrowed this from family, and it was useful for a time, although we never actually used the tray. It was too small to put much food on it.
When we first got it, my son could not sit up in it at all. He is on the small and skinny side, so we would have to stuff blankets around him to help him stay upright. We put it away and didn't use it for sometime. He learned to sit up on his own.
There were times when we wanted to feed him, but didn't have a high chair yet, so we would sit this on the floor and feed him from there. (That is the only safe place for this seat.) Once my son was good at crawling, he was able to get out of it easily (which is why you shouldn't leave this on a chair or any other elevated surface). This is where the straps come in.
Another unconventional thing we used this for was in the shower (not bath). When I was home alone and really needed a shower, I would put my son in it on the floor of my shower with some toys and he was content for the duration of my shower.

Sturdiness
No rips or tears, ever, and it was used for several years before we got it.

The one we had was probably 6-7 years old.

As I said before, I think a baby can learn to sit up without just fine without this. They support a baby from all sides-- how can he/she learn to sit up with all that support? Some even argue that the design of where baby's bum is teaches them to sit up in the wrong way, thrusting their hips and arching their back wrong.

Safety
With the straps, this is safe. Just as long as baby is never on an elevated surface.

No cloth, no trouble cleaning.

I hate the bumbo!!!!!

WAY TOO RIGID!

It probably will be around 50 years from now unless your dog chews it up.

read above...

Best baby invention ever

from Lehi, UT

Comments about Bumbo Baby Seat with Play Tray:

My poor oldest daughter was born before this wonderful product was made, man it changed my other three kids whole baby experience. My oldest would get so bored laying on the floor or in the playpen but my next three could be right there watching us do what ever we had planned. It was even better when they were old enough to join us at the table but still too small for a highchair.

• Safety:

Best baby seat out there

Comments about Bumbo Baby Seat with Play Tray:

I recently got a bumbo and this thing is awesome! You can strap your baby into it so they cant crawl or wiggle out and it has a high back that supports them and encourages them to sit up and hold themselves up too. You can use it in the playpen, on the floor, on a chair, on a counter top, a table, the couch, or almost anywhere. The removeable tray makes it easy to give them toys and treats or snacks without worrying about it all ending up in their laps. Plus they come in many different colors so if you have a girl you can get a pink or purple Bumbo and if its a boy you can get a blue or green one. They are pretty inexpensive and very useful for a variety of needs. Babies feel safe and comfortable in them and they are extremely easy to wash and disinfect. A must have for anyone with a baby!

Sturdiness
Unless you run it over with a vehicle I dont think you could cause permanent damage to it! Very sturdy!

They are made of super durable foam and are practically baby proof

The straps and the divider for the legs keeps the baby snug and safe in a way other chairs lack

Safety
No small parts for babies to choke on! Emvery difficult to tip over due to its shape

You can put it in the dishwasher or scrub it by hand with ease

Bumbo Seat Review

Comments about Bumbo Baby Seat with Play Tray:

My child really enjoys using this seat. At first glance the material looked hard, but is actually pretty soft but sturdy. Therefore allowing a comfortable place for your baby to play.

Sturdiness
The bumbo seat gives adequate support to baby's trunk and even has a little bit of neck support.

The bumbo seat has been very durable and has not displayed any cracks or imperfections since purchasing.

A little difficult to attach the play tray, and you have to really put effort into attaching the tray especially when the child is in it. Also when tray table is attached getting the child in and out of seat can be very tricky especially as child gets bigger. Also the placement of the middle buckle can be difficult to reach and access when the child is in the seat.

Safety
The seat provides proper safety for the child including a seat belt and the attachable tray adds an extra safety feature.

Material makes it very easy to clean.