Other Snacks & Cookies:
Healthy snacks, nutrition bars
Fiber One
Fiber One - Oats and Peanut Butter Chewy Bars

Fiber One - Oats and Peanut Butter Chewy Bars

Buy some Beano with these Bars...

When I first bit into the chewy goodness of a **Fiber One Chewy Bar** (O*ats & Peanut Butter*), I wasn't expecting such a yummy treat.  I was just looking for something to munch on that was healthier than the barbeque chips that I had been eyeing earlier.  I noticed the box of chewy bars in the pantry, and thought I'd give them a try. Being gastrointestinally-challenged from time to time, I know how important fiber is to my daily diet.  I tend to get most of my fiber from foods like cereal, beans, and broccoli.  Let's face it, however; it's very difficult to get all of the daily fiber that nutritionists recommend.  Any product that can help with fiber intake and taste good is a product worth trying.

Fiber One Chewy Bars provide 35% of daily fiber, calcium, whole grains, and no trans fat.  More important, the bars are scrumptious, so I have no more excuses for not getting enough fiber.  The texture is delightfully chewy with a combination of flavors to enchant your taste buds.   The flavor is slightly buttery with a rich, satisfying, not-too-sweet taste.  In fact, I'd go so far as to say that I would be more likely to choose a Fiber One bar over a chocolate candy bar.  I'm not big on sweets and I love oats, so this bar fits the bill easily.

The Oats and Peanut Butter bars each contain 150 calories with 4.5 grams of fat, 9 grams of sugars (including high fructose syrup) and 9 grams of fiber.   It's the high amount of fiber that caused me problems for the rest of the day.

Suffice to say; whether you are getting fiber from a bowl of bland beans or from a tasty fiber bar, your gastrointestinal system is going to respond the same.  It is an inescapable fact that digestive gases will escape at some point during the day.   Seriously.

Overall, I think the Fiber One Chewy Bars are a keeper.  They are a great source of dietary fiber, which helps satisfy appetite, manage weight, and promote healthy digestion.  Just be aware that there are, um, side effects to a high fiber diet.  Better have some Beano on hand! ;-)

Not my favorite

I bought both the Peanut Butter Fiber One Bars and the Chocolate Chip bars. The Peanut Butter ones were not tasty to me at all. I was not even able to choke one of them down before throwing it away. I was not a fan of the peanut butter taste in the bar, and I love PB! I LOVED the Chocolate Chip variety though. I would reccomend them instead of this variety. Both bars give you 35% of the reccomened fiber and they really work, if you get my drift. start with a few bites a day and work yourself up to a whole bar.

A candy bar masquerading as health food.

from Westford, MA

Comments about Fiber One - Oats and Peanut Butter Chewy Bars:

I tried these while pregnant because I needed more fiber. The taste was excellent and it was nice to eat something new and quick. I had seen these recommended on *Good Morning America *by a dietician! I was disappointed that beyond the fiber, you might as well be eating a candy bar with the sugar and artificial ingredients. Why is it so hard to come by truly healthy snacks?

Tastes great and good for you.

from Liberty, IN

Comments about Fiber One - Oats and Peanut Butter Chewy Bars:

I love these bars, what an easy way to get more fiber. To me these are almost as good as a candy bar and lots better for you. My 4 year old also loves these because it is a big treat for her, she thinks that she is getting a candy bar. It amazes me how they can get so much fiber in these bars yet they still taste so good. I don't know about you but I think a lot of things with lots of fiber usually taste pretty dry and bland. I am very impressed with these bars, I share them with everyone I know. Some people I know do have some gas issues after eating these but they don't bother me at all.

yummerific!

from Davenport, FL

Comments about Fiber One - Oats and Peanut Butter Chewy Bars:

I can't believe how yummy these bars are. I have been trying to eat better and watch my weight and Fiber One Bars do the trick for me. I usually have one every day about 10 am to hold me over until lunch and keep me from snacking on junk food.  I also find that if I wake up late one of these bars with a piece of fruit makes a great on the go breakfast. With the help of Fiber One Bars I am able to go with out snacking because they keep me full and satisfy my sweet tooth.

Not my favorite

from Chicago, IL

Just as delicious as the Oats & Chocolate

from Round Rock, TX

Comments about Fiber One - Oats and Peanut Butter Chewy Bars:

This bar is just as good as Fiber One's other variety, Oats & Chocolate. It's sweet yet satisfying, it has the real peanut butter taste (as most other nutrition bars use different flavoring and it doesn't taste like real peanut butter). It's very satisfying and good for those who need fiber as it has a lot of it. It fills you up, and if you're on Weight Watchers it's only 2 points.It's not quite as sweet as the Oats & Chocolate, but it all depends on which one you like more. I like both and eat at least one a day for breakfast (along with cereal). It's also good for those on the run because it's not messy and easy to eat.

Delicious but need to take 2 GAS X with these bars

from Enfield, CT

Comments about Fiber One - Oats and Peanut Butter Chewy Bars:

The Fiber One bars are delicious.  I could eat the whole box.  The only problem I've found is it really gives you bad gas.  I guess with 35% fiber in 1 bar you'de have to expect that.  But would eat this over a candy bar.  Convenient for on the run.

Buy some Beano with these Bars...

from Chicagoland, IL

Comments about Fiber One - Oats and Peanut Butter Chewy Bars:

Filling, and does their job!!

from Henderson, KY

Comments about Fiber One - Oats and Peanut Butter Chewy Bars:

These General mills fiber one eats and peaunt butter bars offer a healthy alternative to just a general granola bar, with the added fiber.  And I would say that most people I know, believe the fiber is in there by the results after eating (not to be disgusting).  But I would agree, they can leave you gassy and bloated.  So you have to weigh the pros and cons.

Taste wise they are delicious, especially compared to the mocha flavored ones.  They do leave your mouth slightly blatchy afterwords though.

Fiber One bars really work!

from Fargo, ND

Comments about Fiber One - Oats and Peanut Butter Chewy Bars:

This bars are really great! I grab one almost every morning on the way out to school. They taste great, keep me satisfied until lunch, and get the job done! There are a lot of varieties, but I like the Oats and Peanut Butter ones the best. I will continue to buy these bars as long as I don't have time for a balanced breakfast in the morning!

Delicious but has high fructose corn syrup!

from Glen Cove, NY

Comments about Fiber One - Oats and Peanut Butter Chewy Bars:

I LOVE how tasty Fiber One chewy bars are!  I love all 3 flavors that I have tried the chocolate flavor, the caramel and this one that I am reviewing the peanut butter one.  I love how delicious this bar is and how I can really taste the chunks of peanut butter in it.  The texture is simply perfect and with each bite I find myself savoring the flavor.

These fiber one bars provide you with 35% of your daily fiber which is really good for people who do not eat a lot of fruits, vegetables, and grain during their day.  This is a quick and delicious way to help people get the right amount of fiber they need to keep themselves regular.

Although these bars taste delicious, there is a reason for that, they are made with high fructose corn syrup which is the worst!  I wish Fiber One could find a way to make these bars taste delicious without adding high fructose corn syrup to them!

These bars are average priced for health bars so I advise people to wait till they go on sale to purchase them.