Other Air Fresheners:
Febreze

Pros

Cons

Air Freshener that Makes You Go Hmmm

The other day my daughter said, "Hmmm mommy what's that smell? It's so good!"  That "smell" as my 3 year old calls it was **Febreeze Air Effects** Spring and Renewal Odor Eliminator and Air Freshener.

**Febreeze Air Effects **offers several scents from pet odor eliminator to exotic.  The Spring Renewal scent is a light, floral fragrance one which to me smells mostly like lavender, so it is also soothing. It's easy to use, just pull the trigger and spray and a fine mist enters the room.  If I shut the bedroom door and wait a few minutes, (or any other room with a door) then open it the scent also filters out to the other rooms leaving this fresh, clean scent.

Another good point to make --  **Febreeze Air Effects **contains no CFC, no flammable propellants, and no phosphates.

I was so pleased when the other day someone said to me, "I didn't even know you had a dog!" Don't get me wrong little Jack is very affectionate, but with friends with tiny babies or crawling ones it's best to let him rest quietly in my bedroom or his favorite spot in the sun outside.  Consider this -- we have 2 dogs and two children in diapers/potty training. It's hard to fight those odors - and I try every day!  **Febreeze Air Effects **actually fights them for me.

Febreze Air Effects Spring and Renewal Smells Nice, But.....

Nothing is worse than smelly and/or stale air and in my household, we keep an assortment of air freshening products handy to make sure the air smells fresh and clean. One air freshener product that offers a means to clean the air with the press of trigger is **Febreze Air Effects Spring and Renewal**, an air freshener product from Proctor and Gamble.** ****Air Freshener Commentary:**** **Febreze Air Effects Spring and Renewal is a little different from the typical air freshener. It is sold in a metal container, which is commonplace. But Febreze Air Effects utilizes a trigger sprayer, much like other Febreze products, and it dispenses the air freshener as a coarse spray, in contrast to the fine mist that is sprayed from the small, finger- size nozzle of other air freshener bottles. Febreze Air Effects Spring and Renewal is also environmentally friendly and contains no Chloro- Fluorocarbons or phosphates.   Scent is what matters most, and Febreze Air Effects Spring and Renewal is a strongly scented, simple to use air freshener. There are several different scents available and Spring and Renewal is one of the better ones, offering a fairly pleasant scent that smells like lavender and cotton, but stronger. It also performs effectively when your goal is to eliminate bad odors. A small space like a musty closet will be transformed quickly into a fresh- smelling area that you no longer hesitate to approach. Large spaces are also freshened easily with Febreze Air Effects Spring and Renewal. Its concentrated mist has no problem eliminating bad odors from the surrounding air. But all is not bliss with Spring and Renewal. This air freshener has a few qualities that prevent it from receiving a higher recommendation. Going back to the liquid mist released from the can, this is one quality that can be both good and bad, but it leans toward the negative. Yes, the large particles of liquid mean that a small amount freshens a large area, but the coarse spray is quite strong, sometimes to the point of being overwhelming. Probably an even greater problem with this coarse spray is that it doesn't project itself very far. Consumers will notice this tendency the instant they pull the trigger. With such large, heavy droplets, they tend to fall to the ground faster when released.  It also means that the bottle will not last very long. When you consider that I can buy a can of, say, Glade or Airwick air freshener for about one- fourth the price, it makes you wonder if this product is worth the cost.

**Bottom Line Viewpoint:**

Febreze Air Effects Spring and Renewal is an okay product and it does eliminate nasty odors. It doesn't contain any special germ- killing disinfectants, so all it does it cover up the odors in the air. It does smell nice, but when you consider the high price per bottle relative to other air fresheners, along with the other factors listed above, you have a product that is average overall.

Cans Clog

from Huntingdon quebec

About Me Value Oriented

Pros

Cons

• Pricey
    • Short life

• Anywhere

Comments about Febreze Air Effects:

Really too bad but every can i have bought clogs after a couple of sprays, does not make sense. Not worth the extra money if it does not work.

• Primary use:
    • Personal

These sprays work great!

from Puyallup, WA

Comments about Febreze Air Effects:

I was at a store one day and saw some of these on a clearance shelf. I thought that I would give them a try because the price was great. I was surprised at how much I liked the Febreze air effects! These cans are so much better than your average spray cans. I really like the trigger nozzle. It sprays out nicely and easily. It also smells great! Febreze is good with coming out with good scents. These smell nice and work great. I have tried a lot of air fresheners over the years and this one is a favorite of mine. I have a house full of boys and they can get stinky. This works well at covering up the smell and just making a room smell fresh. The scent covers up odors and makes it feel like a room is really clean and well taken care of. I really liked the Febreze air effects a lot. I would buy this product again. The regular price of these is pretty good and they just work well on top of that.

As good as their ads portray it to be

Comments about Febreze Air Effects:

I have tried many name brand air fresheners over the years and eventually settled on a favorite, but lately I felt like it was not working as well as it once did. I had been seeing the Febreze Air Effects television ads and decided to try it. I was reluctant at first because this brand does cost more than some of the others, but it is well worth it. I tend to stick with the original or Gain scent because I want a clean scent, not a floral scent. We have a smoker in the house, and I find that Frebeze Air Effects is very effective in fighting this odor. I recently recommended this product to my mother, and she agrees that it is more effective than what she had been using. Febreze Air Effects does cost a bit more than what I had been using, but the Febreze twin pack is a better value than the single cans, and there are often coupons available. Also, I find that this product is often a featured sales item in many national drug store chains, so I stock up during these times.

Febreze air effects

from Sneads Ferry, NC

Comments about Febreze Air Effects:

Febreze air effects is one of my favorite air fresheners! It's easy to spray and it really coats the air because it's really misty! It kinda looks like fairy dust. I love all of the scents that Febreze air effects comes in, they all smell so good. My favorite is the fresh linen scent, it makes my bedrooms smell so clean and fresh like freshly washed sheets. Febreze air effects is great because it eliminates the odors and it just doesn't cover them up. Like if you had old socks it would eliminate that odor instead of making it smell like air freshener covered socks. I love also that the scent is long lasting! When I spray this, the rooms still smell fresh for days afterwards! I always receive a ton of compliments on how great my house smells after I use Febreze air effects! It's also inexpensive which I like and I can always find a money saving coupon in the newspaper to make it even more affordable!

The best air freshener on the market.

Comments about Febreze Air Effects:

I absolutely love this product. It smells amazing! It's is the only air freshener I buy and use. It really works. I like how it adds a nice scent to the room that just merges. It isn't too strong either. I don't get a headache when I walk in the room or have to leave after I spray it. I also like how it adds the scent to the air. It's like you are breathing whatever the scent is. Whether it be Fresh or Lavender. Another thing I like about this product is it's price. I think that this Febreeze is fairly priced for it's value. They spray can go a long ways and really works. Amazing quality at a great value! Another thing I like about this product is that the way it comes out. It's not a sprits but a mist. I like this because I don't have wet spots on my carpet and couch. This way there are no stains or messes. I also like the product lines variety in scents. Every time I go to the store there seems to be a new scent for me to try.

Very good value and great scents

from Phoenix, AZ

Comments about Febreze Air Effects:

This air freshener is ideal for someone like me who watches a tight budget, yet still needs and wants to feel proud of her home by making it smell clean and fresh. The price is very reasonable and just one spray is enough for the effect. I also like the fact that it comes in varied scents, including one meant specifically for pet odors. That´s great for me because I have cats. The scents also change with the seasons and holidays, keeping me interested and enticed by something different. But why choose this over other alternatives? because on top of the freshening effect, I think the scents are less artificial. Have you ever used something that simply masked odors by applying a smell on top of a stink, or was labeled as a fruit, yet it didn't smell like that fruit? The scents really do smell like what they're labeled to be. I especially love the holiday scents such as spiced apple and pumpkin, because they set the mood for the season plus they really do smell like those things. They also seem to do well to remove the bad smells from the air too.

This air freshener is so good.

Comments about Febreze Air Effects:

Febreze air freshener really and truly eliminates each and every disgusting kind of odor. I use it everyday multiple times a day. When the cat uses the litter box it is the only thing that will take care of the awful smell. I keep a bottle in the car in case I just need a quick spray to freshen up the car and make it feel much less stuffy. I highly recommend all febreze products to everyone. We all need to freshen up a room or to.

Comments about Febreze Air Effects:

You know when these air fresheners comes in all sorts of exotic fragrances that you're onto a winner, however in my opinion, when other companies endorse their own products with the scent of Febreze it has to be the scent of all scents! My personal favorite is Febreze Air Effects with Gain. This 9.7 oz spray canister is so easy to use, I made the mistake of leaving some in my kids bathroom and they used it so frequently the droplets of aerosol made the floor wet! (that's how much they enjoyed using it!). My husband keeps a can in the garage in order to eliminate the odors associated with that area. The trigger is extremely easy to press down - even the most feeble of old people would not have a problem pressing the trigger down. It seems to last for many weeks in our bathroom (not the kids) and it does appear to eliminate the odors and not just mask them. Thankfully for us the manufacturer places coupons regularly in the Sunday newspapers and when they do, I stock up. If I could have only one aerosol air freshener, this would be it.

Can be pricey, but worth it.

Comments about Febreze Air Effects:

I've always been a big fan of Febreze, and these Febreze Air Effects are a perfect example why. They always completely eliminate the smell instead of just mixing with it, there is such a variety, and it's totally worth the price. I also love that the smell isn't too heavy either. It's great.

great for in the car or in the home

Comments about Febreze Air Effects:

I use to use lysol because they advertise that it kills germs better than other air freshening products but the truth is that the smell is not all that great and the smell does not last as long as I would like it to. This product is great because I can spray all my furniture inside my home as well as the seats in the vehicles. The smell lasts a long time and there are many different scents to choose from. I like that in the winter time there are winter scents as well as there being scents for the summer and spring time. The spray handle makes using the product very easy because sometimes my hands ache in the winter time from the cold and it gets hard to use the old style spray nozzles. This product is great and budget friendly. So glad to have found it. Readily available and easy to store away. Leaves my furniture smelling fresh all the time. Great product. Recommend it for any house hold odors.