Other Body Lotions:
Eucerin

Pros

Cons

Eucerin Plus: Silky Soft Hands From a Non-Greasy Lotion

I'm very diligent about keeping my hands moisturized, so I've tried an incredible number of hand lotions, creams, and serum moisturizers through the years.  There are many brands available from inexpensive drugstore brands to pricey boutique concoctions.  My latest experiment is with an affordable drugstore brand called **Eucerin Plus Intensive Repair Hand Crème.** Eucerin is a brand that has staked out a reputation as a serious moisturizer that won't break the bank.  This lotion is no exception.  It's lightweight, non-greasy, and absorbs quickly without added fragrance or irritating ingredients.

When I saw the words "intensive repair" in the title of the lotion, I was expecting a thicker, heavier consistency.  Surprisingly, Eucerin Plus felt very light and it absorbed into my skin almost instantly.  I immediately felt my hands transform from just-washed dryness to touchable softness.  The lotion leaves behind a trace of protective residue that made my hands feel silky.  I'm not sure this product is intensive enough to care for severely dry skin, but for most people, it certainly holds up well.  I didn't need to reapply after washing my hands.

Overall, if you like your hand lotion to be creamy and fragrant, then this is not the product for you.  However, if you're looking for a light lotion that really does combat dryness without leaving your hands feeling greasy or slippery, then **Eucerin Plus Intensive Repair Hand Crème** is worth a trip to the drugstore.

Too greasy, not my favorite choice

I used the Eucerin Plus Intensive repair hand creme for several days, I have used loads of lotions for dry skin and I cook alot so hot water and dish washing really are hard on my hands. I use lotions everyday and again at night to replenish the moisture I wash away all day. I like a light lotion during the day time so that when I shake hands with someone they don't end up with greasy hands, Eucern Plus Intensive repair Hand creme was far too greasy for me to use for day time use and as the day went on the greasiness took on a thinker feel.

I did think however that I would love Eucerin Plus Intensive Repair hand Creme at night when I slept, after all it seemed that a lotion this rich should be just what dry hands would need. But instead of feeling creamy and soothing on my hands while I slept the greasiness of this lotion made me feel icky.

I tried for a few nights to use the Eucern thinking I would grow to like it more but instead I found that by the third night I had to get up and wash this lotion off. I did really like the smell and would not discourage others from using it but it did not appeal to me, I would not recommend it to a friend.

Is not effective.

Comments about Eucerin Plus Intensive Repair Extra-Enriched Hand Creme:

I do a lot of gardening and craft projects working with wood and paints so my hands tend to get a lot of abuse. The sides of my fingers suffer the most and get very dry and cracked. I've tried many types of creams for extra dry hands and have yet to find a product that works well. With Eucerin I thought I would give it a try. When I applied this product it left a wet, oily, slick feeling to my hands. It did not penetrate into the skin very well at all. After rubbing it into my hands thoroughly, over and over again, I still had to wipe my hands with a towel slightly to get rid of the oily feeling. I felt no relief from this product at all. In my opinion it was a complete waste of my money.

The scent is more medicinal than anything; but it isn't overpowering.

Absorption
I could not tell that this product ever penetrated into the skin. It more or less sat on top of the skin; leaving an oily feeling.

Tried using it for a couple weeks and noticed no change in the condition of my hands.

• Absorption:

This works well for both hand and feet.

Comments about Eucerin Plus Intensive Repair Extra-Enriched Hand Creme:

I started using this lotion for my hands because my hands got very rough at one point. I could feel that I needed strong lotion to repair the damage that had already been done. This hand cream was super effective in making my hands smooth again. So I decided to try it on my feet. My heels have always been very rough and I had almost given up on them. But after using this lotion, they have amazing become smoother. The change is dramatic and very noticeable. I recommend this to anyone that has dry hands or feet. This will give you significant results.

The scent is almost non-existent.

Absorption
It doesn't absorb immediately so you have to be careful about touching surfaces. But the reason it doesn't absorb that well is because of the richness of this cream.

This is the most effective repair cream I have ever used. It works on feet so that says a lot. Even if your skin is severely damaged, give this cream a try.

Comments about Eucerin Plus Intensive Repair Extra-Enriched Hand Creme:

I have horrible eczema on my hands and arms and have tried pretty much everything on the market. While this Eucerin hand cream does not heal my eczema it does help with making my hands less tight feeling and dry. It also does not burn which is a big problem I have with most hand cremes and lotions. I bought this to keep in my purse as it's the perfect size for that and I use it whenever I'm out of the house. It is a very thick cream and towards the end of the tube is hard to get out. It also does not leave a greasy film on your hands either and rubs in fairly quickly.

I really do not smell anything when I use this, just a normal lotion smell. It does not have any perfume in it or any other smell like that.

Absorption
Absorbs pretty quickly and it does not leave a greasy feeling on your hands.

It does help with dry skin, helps get rid of that tight itchy feeling you get with really dry skin and helps keep hands moisturized.

Best hand moisturizer

Comments about Eucerin Plus Intensive Repair Extra-Enriched Hand Creme:

I am plagued with dry hands all year round due to rigorous and frequent hand washing (I have young children that require many, many diaper changes a day). They are frequently dry and cracked, but with the help of Eucerin Intensive Hand Therapy Crème they are always rejuvenated. The lotion is not very greasy and it absorbs very well. You do not have to use as much lotion as other brands to get the same results. The bottle says that there is no scent, but it does have a certain "smell". It is not bad or good I just believe the components of the lotion cause that smell. When used at night right before bed, your hands will be very, very soft in the morning. It can be very expensive at some stores, but if you find it on sale or at the right place it is very affordable, especially for how effective the lotion is. Please do not wait to try this product, it will change your life!

There is not a distinct scent per say, but when you first squirt the lotion out you can smell it. Once you rub the lotion in there is no longer a trace of the smell. I also would say that the thickness of the lotion is perfect.

Great Hand Creme

Comments about Eucerin Plus Intensive Repair Extra-Enriched Hand Creme:

I bought this on the recommendation of a friend. I am so happy I bought this product; it is the most wonderful creme I have ever used for my hands. It does not leave a greasy feel, goes right into skin and leaves my hands feeling so silky. The only problem I have is that it is too expensive for the small tube it comes in.

Great for very dry skin

Comments about Eucerin Plus Intensive Repair Extra-Enriched Hand Creme:

I was recommended Eucerin Plus Intensive Repair Extra-Enriched Hand Cream by my dermatologist after I was having problems with extremely dry skin on the palms of my hands. This lotion is very gentle on your skin, and it is not greasy at all. It absorbs into your skin quickly, and you can immediately feel your skin becoming moisturized. There is no scent with this hand creame, so it does not compete with whatever perfume you may be wearing.

This is also a great price for a lotion that works so well. It's cheap enough that you can keep a bottle at different locations, like your car, purse, and office. You can purchase it at pretty much any pharmacy or bigger store like Target.

There is no scent with this, so it is perfect to use when you are using other scents like perfume.

Absorption
Sometimes lotion can make your skin greasy, and it can just sort of stay on the surface. This does not leave your skin feeling oily and it absorbs really well into your hands.

This keeps my skin from getting dry all winter long.

Great for dry hands

from Richmond VA

Comments about Eucerin Plus Intensive Repair Extra-Enriched Hand Creme:

This is a wonderful, reliable lotion if you are prone to very dry hands like I am. I tend to suffer from dry, cracked, even bleeding hands during the winter months, so I have to rely on good lotions to keep my hands moisturized and pain-free. Eucerin is a very reliable brand and I usually keep it in my glove compartment to help with those painful frozen hands while I drive! The downside is that it is very thick and greasy, so it is not very comfortable if you use it while wearing gloves. However, it really does the trick, so if you are in serious need of a remedy, this is a great thing to turn to.

The scent is fairly reminiscent of Vaseline, which I personally do not care for.

Absorption
Since it is so greasy, it takes a long time to absorb this lotion and rub it into your skin.

This is one of the more effective products on the market for very dry skin. It works very quickly and is gentle enough to use several times a day if necessary.

A great brand

Comments about Eucerin Plus Intensive Repair Extra-Enriched Hand Creme:

This is an excellent hand Creme. This brand in general works absolute and total miracles on dry, rough, and cracked skin. When my daughter was having a lot of dry skin issues the doctors recommended us to use this brand of lotion. I felt that the lotion was a bit thin and not working fast enough so I switched her to this hand Creme. It really was amazing! Within two weeks she had absolutely no more dry and flaky skin! She had the baby soft skin she deserved and to this day every time she gets out of the bath I use this lotion on her. I also adore this lotion. My skin drys very quickly and I use lotion at least five times a day. I have a condition that keeps my palms from sweating making it difficult for them to produce natural oils needed to keep skin nice and moisturized. I also have used this hand Creme and it works wonders!

Well, it's not bad but it's also not good. Just a bland scent.

Absolutely wonderful!

• Absorption:

A hand cream you can use

Comments about Eucerin Plus Intensive Repair Extra-Enriched Hand Creme:

I have the worst dry hands. They crack and split open if I do not use some type of product to keep them moist. I work with my hands all day long and would not be able to work if I did not have this product. The cream base consistency is just right. It is not watery nor is it to thick. It spreads on with ease and starts to soak in right away. It leaves no oily feel on your hands and, makes my hands feel refreshed after applying. It comes in a great size tube so that there is not only a little like a trial size but, enough to keep around for a while and still be able to carry it around with me. This is a great product for everyone to use. Good work Eucerin.

The scent is great because there is almost no scent at all. If you work in a no perfume no scent work place such as me it works great for this.

Absorption
The absorption of this product is awesome. It digs deep and penetrates right into the driest of hand.

The effectiveness of this product is the best. It will keep your hands moist for such a long time without having to apply over and over.

• Absorption:

cracked hands are no more

Comments about Eucerin Plus Intensive Repair Extra-Enriched Hand Creme:

Growing up with psoriasis I used Eucerin cream a lot to keep my skin from cracking. I loved to use it on my hands but the container that it came in was way to big to put in my purse and carry around so when I found this hand cream I was very excited.

There is little to no scent with this product. Very faint smell. fresh kind of smell.

Absorption
The lotion is more of a cream. It is a little thinner than a night cream. Any thicker and it would be hard to squeeze it out of the bottle. I love it thought. It is very smooth. Takes a little while to absorb but it depends on how much you use. The bottle is the perfect size for a purse or hand bag.

I do a lot of typing and paper work so my hands take a beating. This cream keeps my hands soft. They look healthy and they feel great. My nails even look better. In less than perfect weather my nails peel and break because they are getting to dry. This cream definitely helped.