Other Body Lotions:
Neutrogena

Pros

Cons

Best hand cream I've used

I suffer from chronic dry skin, and it is especially terrible during the wintertime. My hands, unfortunately, get the brunt of the damage, as it is the most exposed. They get horribly dry and it cracks and bleeds and it's discomfort all over. I've tried a lot of hand creams, and this is by far the best I have used. Its thick formula really does the trick, but it doesn't leave greasy residue. It promises on the packaging that even a small dab heals the skin and it's so true. I usually squeeze a small dollop onto my palm and it covers nicely every nook and cranny of wrinkle that's on my hand, and I can literally feel it healing when I put it on. My hands instantly feel better and it stays moisturized for a long time. It's so great that I buy these in bulk and leave one in my purse, one in my backpack, one on the dresser, etc so that I am never without it. It's fantastic and it leaves a nice fragrance behind, which is an added bonus. Would totally recommend!

Neutrogena puts back moisture in your hands

Neutrogena hand cream is for dry, chapped hands.  I was given a sample to start with from a dermatologist's visit.

The first time I opened it up and...Read complete review

The first time I opened it up and squeezed it out of the sample tube, it looked just like petroleum jelly.  It had no smell as it is fragrance free.  I rubbed it into my hands and it didn't go in at first.  I had to really rub my hands together for it to penetrate.

After I had achieved that my hands still felt greasy.  This continued for quite a few minutes.  It felt as if my hands were wet.  I persivered with the feeling and finally I could handle it.

For several hours my hands felt really moist and I couldn't help rubbing my fingers together.

This hand cream does work great in putting back the moisture into your hands.  If I could get over that strange feeling of having wet/moist hands I would use this product more often.  I know it sounds stupid but it is not a comfortable feeling for me.

I didn't even finish the free tube of Neutrogena Hand Cream, and ended up giving it to a friend, who loved the product.  Therefore I will still recommend it to others.

The only product with instant results

Comments about Neutrogena Norwegian Formula Hand Cream:

I can't sing this products praises enough! I clean houses, and have a farm at my house so I get nasty dry skin every winter. I have used many products for severely dry hands and nothing comes close to what this hand cream does. You only need a tiny dab and after putting it on even once my hands look much better. I hate greasy stuff, but this stuff doesn't bother me. I apply it to the backs of my hands and knuckles so I dont use it on my palms. Use it once and it's impossible to deny how well it works. A tube will last a very long time because of the tiny amount needed. Anyone with dry hands should buy a tiny tube just to try it out and I guarantee you will find no product that compares. I will not ever buy another brand and I don't care to even try another because this stuff works miracles. It won't even burn split skin! I just love this stuff!

Absorption
It doesn't quite absorb all the way at first but I think that's why it works so well. I like to use it before bed so that it stays on all night and i wake up every time with super soft hands.

• Absorption:

Only cream that has healed my hands

Comments about Neutrogena Norwegian Formula Hand Cream:

I grew up in a very humid environment and then moved to a very dry climate and my skin suffered tremendously. I was then recommended the Norwegian formula by a dermatologist and my hands have looked and felt amazing. At the worst point I would bend my fingers and the cracks would bleed. This hand cream is a super thick formula that almost feels like a thicker vaseline. When you rub it in it stays on your skin and hydrates it for a long time. The container it comes in is very small but a little bit goes a long way. It does feel a bit greasy at first but that goes away. It isn't a vaseline kind of greasy but if you are wanting something that will stick it does need to be a bit thicker. It does a good job at staying on and hydrating your skin even after you have washed your hands.

The smell is very neutral. It isn't great but if you have allergies it won't bother you and it is awesome for sensitive skin.

Greasy, but effective

Comments about Neutrogena Norwegian Formula Hand Cream:

This hand cream is very greasy, so I would only recommend it for bedtime use. I put it on my feet, then wear socks to bed. It is very effective at relieving dry, cracked skin. I like that it is unscented since I also use it on my hands at bedtime. I received a free sample of it and liked it enough to purchase a tube of it. It is rather expensive, but I only use it on my hands and feet, so it lasts a long time. My husband has trouble with dry, cracked skin on his feet, and he now uses this cream at bedtime. His feet are still somewhat dry, but he no longer has cracks in them.

I love that it has no scent. My husband would not use it if it had a scent.

Absorption
It does not absorb into the skin for several hours, so it is not a good hand cream for daytime use.

This hand cream is very effective for dry skin on the feet and hands. I don't use it on any other part of my body since it is so greasy and slow to be absorbed.

• Absorption:

Neutrogena Norwegian Formula Hand Cream - Great but Greasy!

Comments about Neutrogena Norwegian Formula Hand Cream:

My Brother in Law is a house-husband and so he's the one doing all the washing up and cleaning. We both suffer from very dry hands because of the amount of time our hands are in water and he recommended Neutrogena'a Norwegian Formula Hand Cream to me. He spoke very highly of it and so my expectations were very high.

He advised me that you only needed the smallest amount of the cream, which I adhered to, and applied it as suggested. It's an unusual looking remedy for dry, cracked hands. It doesn't resemble cream or lotion. It resembles Neosporin in looks and texture. I applied a small amount and rubbed it in, and kept rubbing! It didn't seem to disappear into my skin but rather lubricate the top layer of my skin. There is no strong fragrance to the "cream" which I'm happy with. 30 minutes later I realised I was still leaving greasy fingerprints everywhere. I felt like once applied, I then needed to wash my hands to remove the grease which clearly, defeats the object.

On the plus side, I did see improvement in my dry hands over the following days and I would therefore recommend the product. In light of this, and the fact that my brother in law recommended the product, I will give it an overall score of 8. I can't award anything higher because it is so greasy.

• Absorption:

Great hand moisturizer - feel the results!

Comments about Neutrogena Norwegian Formula Hand Cream:

My hands tend to get really dry during the winter months. I am constantly having to apply hand cream to them. I work in a job where my hands are always on display so I am very self conscious about how my hands and nails look. A co-worker brought in Neutrogena Norwegian Formula Hand Cream for all of us to share. I instantly fell in love with it. It has a gel like cream which reminded me in texture of Vaseline. This cream was thick and I found I did not need to use as much cream as I would normally use. My hands felt instantly softer and moisturized. I also found that I did not need to keep re-applying this hand cream throughout the day. This really worked to keep my hands looking and feeling good! My only complaint about this product is that it does not come in a larger tube. I really wish that it would. It is a little on the pricey side but it is well worth the price. I try to stock up on it when it is on sale.

Absorption
This product absorbed relatively fast into the skin on my hands.

My hands felt instantly softer after one use of this hand cream. I found that I did not need to apply a lot of cream to get the level of moisture that I desired.

• Absorption:

This lotion saves my skin!!

Comments about Neutrogena Norwegian Formula Hand Cream:

I cannot explain how much I truly love this lotion. My hands get very dry, and they get especially dry in the winter. Especially on days when I have to do a lot of dishes or cleaning, my hands will get red, raw, and cracked. I try to remember to put lotion on frequently, but sometimes things get too busy and I realize too late that my hands are painfully dry. That's when I grab my little bottle of this lotion - after dabbing on a little and rubbing it in, my hands start to feel better right away. By the next day, they're good as new! The lotion comes in a small tube, but it lasts me a long time, even at the rate I use it. The lotion is really thick, and you only need a small amount, even on the driest of hands. It covers your skin well, soaks in quickly, and heals so well that it's hard to believe. I will never use anything else to rescue my hands when they start drying out! It is a little on the expensive side for lotion (and I'm on a budget!) so I usually use a cheap lotion for every-day use. There's no way to beat this one, though, during the winter when my hands are always dry and cracked.

Best hand cream for me

Comments about Neutrogena Norwegian Formula Hand Cream:

I am in love with this hand cream. I used to have extremely dry, chapped, rough hands due to the cold winter weather and constantly washing my hands. After lathering on a large blob of product on my hand, my flaky, rough hands were transformed into soft, silky hands. After a week, my chapped hands haven't returned.

It has a floral like sent that isn't too strong. They also have this formula fragrance free, so if you have very sensitive hands, that is also an option.

Absorption
It takes forever to rub in this formula. It takes only a pea sized amount to take care of both of your hands. If you take any more, it could take up to five minutes of rubbing in, and some excess hand cream may still remain on your hands.

It takes just one use to see a result. It transformed my rough hands into baby soft skin. I love this product because it really delivers quickly. It is probably the best and most effective drug store hand cream on the market.

Comments about Neutrogena Norwegian Formula Hand Cream:

I love the Neutrogena Norwegian Formula Hand Cream. This is my favorite hand cream to use. I use it every single night on my hands before going to bed. I have always had a problem with my hands. I am constantly washing my hands throughout the day and it causes my skin to dry out really bad. It gets to the point to where my hands will be dry, start to crack, peel and even bleed. It is painful and very annoying. I had tried many lotions in the past but none of them were able to keep up with my hands. Then I discovered the Neutrogena Norwegian Formula Hand Cream and now I have finally seen results and improvements in my hands. I have discovered that if I put the hand cream on my hands right before bed at night it works the best. That way the cream can sit on my hands all night and I don't have to worry about washing it off. After continual use of the cream my hands are no longer cracking and bleeding. There will be some days where if I am in the water a lot or if the weather is really cold that they will start to dry out again or if I go a few days without using the cream then I see them dry out again. So for the best results, I recommend using it daily.

Great For The Winter

Comments about Neutrogena Norwegian Formula Hand Cream:

This hand lotion is great for the driest skin imaginable. It works well on sensitive skin too because I have very sensitive skin, especially when it is dry, and this hand cream did not irritate it at all. I was very happy with this. I would especially recommend it for the winter and in cold weather in general. It absorbs quickly and softens and relieves dry skin instantly.

I did not find that this hand cream had that much of a scent to it. It did not have a perfume like fragrance but it also did not smell clinical which is important for me with lotions and moisturizers.

Absorption
This was great at absorbing into my skin. It was in there within seconds of putting it on and I can tell you that it was a big relief for my sensitive skin.

I used this when I had extremely dry hands and it worked brilliantly. I could not fault it. It quickly and efficiently got rid of my dry skin without irritating it.

• Absorption:

My go-to handcream in the winter months

Comments about Neutrogena Norwegian Formula Hand Cream:

This Neutrogena Norwegian Formula hand cream has been around for a very long time, and for good reasons. It truly is one of the best hand lotions available on the market, and still at a reasonable price. One tube will also last you quite a long time because a little goes a long way. If you have very dry, chapped hands (or even lips, since you can also use it on your lips), this is the only product you will ever need!

This lotion has little to no scent, so it is excellent for people who are sensitive to smells.

Absorption
Because this is a hand lotion with extra moisturizing strength, it will not be absorbed by your skin as quickly as for other lighter, less effective lotions. This might turn some people off but I personally do not mind because I know the cream is working. After you apply it on your hands and rub it in, your hands will actually feel silky soft right away.

I cannot recommend this Neutrogena hand cream enough. If your hands are often and dry and cracked, this will save your skin.