View more all in one printers

Other All-In-One Printers:
Epson
C11CA18201
Epson WorkForce 600 All-In-One Printer

Epson WorkForce 600 All-In-One Printer

Great for everyday use, but has trouble with high volume

from Fairfax, VA

Comments about Epson WorkForce 600 All-In-One Printer:

The WorkForce 600 is a very good all around printer, fax, scanner & copier.  Ink holder is easy to access for replacement, paper path is a straight-through deal, rather than one like HP that curls the paper around.  The machine is easy to use, and ink doesn't cost an arm and a leg.  Look for the high-capacity cartridges.  Plus, the black cartridge can use the 68 and 69 version cartridges that many of Epson's smaller ink jet printers use (we have some WorkForce 30s in the office), or you can opt for a much larger 97 "extra high capacity" cartridge, which lasts quite a while.

Now the dark side:  (1) When running high volumes (a few hundred pages or more of continuous printing), the paper feed will frequently jam, or pretend to jam, and the printer will stop.  There isn't anything jamming it, so I think it has just decided it needs a break.  You have to shut it down, let it cool, pull all the paper and turn it back on - sometimes several times - to get it to restart.  And then it restarts the print job from page 1, so if it shuts down near the end of a job, you have to be sure not to let it restart and print a few dozen (or hundred) pages you already have.  In addition, when you have a real paper jam, it is not easy to access the jam to remove it.  The inner workings are mostly covered, so it can be hard to get a hand in to where the jam occurred.

All things considered, it's a good all-in-one for the money.

Excellent All-In One Printer

from Winder, GA

Comments about Epson WorkForce 600 All-In-One Printer:

The Epson Workforce 600 printer is an excellent printer.  Its quality is very good.  The best ink-jet printer that I have ever had.  The all-in one features are also very good.  Printer is very easy to use.

Printer can be a little hard to set up on a network;  Ink is cheaper than some ink-jets that I have owned.

Awsome

from Oviedo, FL

Comments about Epson WorkForce 600 All-In-One Printer:

We purchased the Epson workforce 600 about 3 months ago, it is terrific for home wireless set up, we currently have 4 computers linked up to use this printer wirelessly.  Set up was a breeze and for those running Vista no installation was necessary just ask it to find a printer when you go to print and it automactically found and installed this printer.

Photos are great even with bargain photo paper and no issues with paper jams like some other printers we have tried. Faxes easily, was easy to program for distinctive ring saveing money on need for second phone line.

Overall good value for the money.

Epson workforce 600 has both pros and cons.

from Buffalo, NY

Comments about Epson WorkForce 600 All-In-One Printer:

We have owned the Epson workforce 600 for about a year now.  We are extremely happy with the print quality of this machine.  Very easy to use, and very easy to load cartridges.  The cons for us have been the issue of space, it really is a big machine!  Another con for us would be the fact that when one ink runs out we lose printing capability until we load in a fresh cartridge.  The cartridges are medium priced.

The WorkForce 600 Scanner alone is worth the money

from Elizabethton, TN

Comments about Epson WorkForce 600 All-In-One Printer:

We did a lot of research before we purchased our **Epson WorkForce 600 All-In-One Printer/Scanner/Copier/Fax**. We wanted to try a printer where you could change out one color at a time and we also knew we were going to need a built-in scanner. Let me give you some background…

My parents have over 130 photo albums from their 50 years of marriage and I was given the responsibility of scanning all the good pictures to then turn into a book for my siblings. I had just gotten our **Epson WorkForce 600** when I got the first ten photo albums. Some 15,000+ photos later, I, and our Epson, were finished. While I can’t say enough about the scanner (which was still going strong), the print portion actually stopped working while I was scanning. I prayed that the scanner would hold out – and it did – and then called Epson when I was done to exchange the printer as we were still within their one year warranty time.

I believe that the reason the printer died was because we tried to use off-brand ink – so if you are looking at this printer because you can find cheap ink for it (one of the main reasons we purchased it), don’t buy it because of that. **The cheap ink will kill the printer**, you’ll end up exchanging or throwing it away and going with Epson ink in the end. Since we got our replacement Epson, and have been using Epson ink, we have had no issues at all with the printer.

Incidentally, I have to put in a good work for **Epson’s customer service** at this point because they were super-easy to work with and shipped out a replacement which we received within a week of our call.

**Pro:**

- Scanner works great! Never slowed down, never faltered.

- The fax also works like a charm – so nice to have everything in one machine!

- Great quality prints, and FAST! No waiting around for a color copy.

**Con:**

- Must use Epson ink

- I have to give it a con as well because I don’t think the printer should have died after less than a year (even after we tried using real Epson ink in it again).

- Pretty big footprint on the desk (i.e. takes up some room)