View more all in one printers

4.1
Other All-In-One Printers:
Epson
C11CA40201
Epson WorkForce 500 All-In-One Printer

Epson WorkForce 500 All-In-One Printer

4.1

The Epson WorkForce 500 Printer/Scanner/Fax is priceless!

The Epson WorkForce 500 is an all-in-one Printer, Fax, Scanner and photo printer.  This device will definately satisfy your professional and personal use.  I work from home a great deal, and now, with the use of the Epson WorkForce 500, I have more tools at my disposal than I have while in the office.  The direct connection and ease of use of the flatbed scanner, copier and printer, has proven to be priceless for me.

And, as an avid scrapbooker on my personal time, I find the convenience of popping in one of my storage devices directly into the printer just a fantastic capability.  What's better, is I no longer need to go to a Kiosk to print out my photos from my storage device!  The quality of photos is excellent - I wouldn't be using them in my scrapping projects if they weren't!

Having a copier/fax machine at home at my immediate disposal has become quite a blessing.  I never realized how much I would use these new tools in my home.

I know that for me, when I was shopping for a printer, I was really looking into the price of ink and paper, that's where the true test is!  Well, in my opinion, the four cartridges needed for the Epson WorkForce 500 are within reason.  They have lasted me through some large projects, suprisingly so!  I made 7 scrapbooks for my Girl Scout troop, and it took a lot of prints to get me through that -- for me, that was the final realization that I had made a good choice with this purchase.

The Epson Workforce500 will not fax or scan out of any color ink

I like the Epson workforce500.. when it's working.  It won't fax or scan if you're out of even one color of ink.  I have loaded it with black only and it still won't fax or scan unless I have every color refilled.  This is frustrating because it runs out of ink quickly and the ink is quite expensive.  We read online reviews before purchasing this particular model and were pleased with what we saw.  However our experience with this one problem has made us regret the purchase.  Epson, you really let us down this time.

Its all good Epson for the ink

from Fairfield, CA

Comments about Epson WorkForce 500 All-In-One Printer:

This is neither good nor bad.  It has a lot of functions such as copy, scan, print, you know basically all the things a business needs.  I like how easy it is to set up and run because nobody likes to read the directions.  I also like how it scans,  although the quality is average.  Copy is easy also just a touch of the button and there it goes.  I dont like the tray though because it broke and im not sure when that happened.  I think its cheap material to be quite honest. The print job is also fair.  I dont think it gives the vivid printing image but it also doesnt smear or run. Replacing the ink cartridge is also easy but places like staples does not refill this specific model so thats a bummer.  In addition,  the ink runs out rather quickly.  I hate to refill so often because its a waste of money and time.  I also fax from time to time and that actually works out well.  When there is failure the screen will instruct you on what the problem is and what the remedy is.

Minor disadvantage to my Epson Workforce 500

from Portage, MI

Comments about Epson WorkForce 500 All-In-One Printer:

I have been using the Epson WorkForce 500 for about 2 years. It prints beautifully and quickly. The color printing is very good. I use it for regular printing, copying, and scanning. I have had no issues with any of the above. The only disadvantage I have come to find is the ink. You have to purchase a black cartridge plus a yellow, cyan, and magenta cartridge. You can buy these as a multi pack and replace them one by one. I notice I seem to use up the cyan more quickly than the others so at some point will just be buying the color cartridges separately to avoid having too many of the yellow and magenta. My biggest dislike is when one color runs completely out, the Epson WorkForce 500 will not allow you to even print in black only. Even if there is a brand new black cartridge in the printer, you must have colored ink before you can print anything.

The only other thing is that it is bulky and quite loud!

Good for the price

from Kissimmee, FL

Comments about Epson WorkForce 500 All-In-One Printer:

I use the Epson Workforce 500 at work.  It does it's job, but has a few glitches.  It's a little slow when trying to go from copying to fax, the paper jams up in the fax feeder easily and I'm constantly getting out of ink or not recognizing ink cartridges.  It seems to happen to me about once a month and once I get it resolved, it's good to go again for a month.  I have to remove the ink cartridges and put them back in a couple of times for it to recognize them.

Pain in the neck

from Wheaton, IL

Comments about Epson WorkForce 500 All-In-One Printer:

Got a new computer a couple of years ago and the Workforce 500 was a perk at a low price.  It was a bad perk!  While the scanning is fine, the copying is slow.  Forget getting a decent photo.  You can clean the heads and perform every maintence task a dozen times and you still can't get consistent photo quality.  The ink is VERY expensive and you have to replace the ink all the time so this has actually cost us a heck of a lot more than we "saved".  It does make a good doorstop!

The Epson Workforce500 will not fax or scan out of any color ink

from Blue Ridge, VA

Comments about Epson WorkForce 500 All-In-One Printer:

Epson Workforce 500 is a Fully Loaded Printer.

from Millington, TN

Comments about Epson WorkForce 500 All-In-One Printer:

When I went on the search for a printer I was amazed to find the Epson Workforce 500 and the fact that it was loaded with features. I work-at-home and thought that it would be a huge asset to me, I was right. It not only prints and copies but it also faxes. The fax function was easy to set up and I have used it several times with no glitches. I also love that you can directly connect your digital camera to the printer to print out your pictures, which I have done and they come out clear. The printer style reminds me of one of the big office style printers because of the toolbar that is directly on the printer making it possible to use some of the functions without going to your computer. Another feature that I find useful is the ability to see your ink levels from the menu that is on the printer. This has been a big help. On top of the printer there is also an automatic paper feeder for big printing jobs that you need to copy or fax. I would say that this was definately worth my money. I have not had any issues with this printer at all. I recommend it highly.

The Workforce 500 is a great budget friendly printer

from Lehigh Acres, FL

Comments about Epson WorkForce 500 All-In-One Printer:

The Workforce 500 is a great budget friendly printer.  I got this printer when it was not on sale and has been the best thing that i have ever bought.  We have had no issues with it at all and eveything is very easy to work.  It does the faxes perfect and prints pictures very nicely.  If you are looking for a budget friendly All-in-One Printer this would be the one that i would recommend.

Great features for a low price

from Baltimore, MD

Comments about Epson WorkForce 500 All-In-One Printer:

The Epson Workforce 500 is a basic but complete office companion. It can be used as a scanner, fax, copier, printer and memory card reader/printer. It has Epson image standards, which are pretty good, both for the scanner and printer. Its main advantage is the price. As far as the printer is concerned it only features 4 ink colors and the ink cartridges (at least the ones included which are not high capacity) last very little (I have used up 25% in just a month of school printing, which means about 30 pages b&w and 2 letter sized photos. However, the replacement cartridges are cheaper than most brands. The scanner is very good and features a page feeder, which is very useful. It has a card reader and a usb port for photo printing, and a color LCD screen which makes it very easy to select and print different sized photos without needing your computer on. It is also Mac OS X compatible, and works flawlessly. I would definitley recommend it for anyone with a home office or a student, who need many features, at a reduced price and don't have large print volumes

I love this printer it is very easy to use and setup.

from Orlando, FL

Comments about Epson WorkForce 500 All-In-One Printer:

I purchased this printer after my last printer died.  The Workforce 500 was easy to set up and even easier to use.  I did not have to read a big book in order to get started.  The step by step programs walk you through each program.  I use to hate to fax because it was to difficult and I never knew if my faxes were being recieved on the other end, but with the Workforce 500 it gives you a report that it was sent successfully.  The scanner on the Workforce 500 is also one of the things I use alot.  It scanned my pictures and other documents in clearly and made it easy to edit what I needed.  I scrapbook alot and the scanning of photos and printing out of these things has been wonderful.  They print so well that I thing they are even better than the originals.

My only concern with this product is the fact that when you run out of ink you cannot fax or scan.  Even though no ink is used for this you can't use the other functions.  Other than that I recommend this printer highly.

The printer that will take you into the future.

from Springfield, MO

Comments about Epson WorkForce 500 All-In-One Printer:

My first printer was a dot matrics Ebson that kept working even with some of the pieces missing.  It proved to me that Ebson knows what they are doing. The WorkForce 500 is a great printer from a wonderful company.  The system they have with of each colors having its own tank is great.  You only have to replace the color that is out.

With the WorkForce 500 and it being an all-in-one printer, you save space on your desk. You don't need a fax machine or a scanner.  They are built into the WorkForce 500.  There is also a copier and you can print photos right from the memory card from your camera.  No computer needed to do the photos.  There is an automatic document feeder so you can set the pages you want to fax in the feeder tray and walk away.  No more standing there doing a page at a time.

With Ebson, they have taken the time to research what people want.  Then they make the printers to take care of our needs without the big price tag.