2.8
Emery Cat Emery Cat Board

Emery Cat Emery Cat Board

2.8

The Emery Cat Trims Your Cat's Claws While They Play

**Summary:** The Emery Cat board is a catnip infused, honeycomb board that attracts your cat or kitten and trims their claws while they play!  A toy dangles from above as they scratch the honeycomb and trim their claws.  The added catnip makes for a great experience!  I would recommend taping it and putting it on YouTube.. My cat went crazy!

**My Experience:** I ordered the Emery Cat a couple of weeks ago after seeing the *adorable* commercial on TV.  I was hesitant to buy it because I've ordered things online in the past and they have not turned out to be as great as they seemed on the commercial.  UPDATE: I assure you, this is not one of those products!

I received the Emery Cat in the mail last week, 8 days after I ordered it and it was very easy to setup- I just pulled it out of the box and up it went.  I put the toy on top of the board *(see picture below) *and waited for my cat to notice.  It took him a couple of hours but after he saw it he went *crazy*!

I posted some pictures of the Emery Board below, take a look and decide for yourself.  I am *very *happy with my Emery Cat!  If you need more information, or to order your Emery Cat online, go to the address below.

**Order Online:**     ***http://nomorekittyclaws.com/order-emery-cat***

**TIP:** Before you order anything online, make sure you read product reviews!  I went to *http://nomorekittyclaws.com* for my Emery Cat review first.  This blog provides a detailed account of how Emery Cat helped one woman with her **cute** cat Baxter.  Take a look at it for a more comprehensive review.

**Another Review: **http://nomorekittyclaws.com

Cats aren't very excited by this product...

When I saw this on TV, I immediately prayed that it would work. I mean, who LIKES to trim their cat's nails? How great would it be if they could scratch AND trim their nails at the same time? So when I saw that Petsmart carries this product, I had to buy it.

**First Impression**

When I first pulled this out of the box and set it up, I noticed it was very sturdy. Some reviews on other websites said that the base was wobbly and their cats were scared to death of it. Not the one I bought! It's VERY sturdy.

The emery scratching part isn't what I was expecting though. It looks kind of like one of those corrugated cardboard scratchers but covered in sandpapery paste or something.

It comes with a little feathery toy on a stick and there are several holes where you can place the stick which is nice, I guess. It doesn't really make a difference for my cats but it's nice to have a choice.

**The First Month**

I've owned the emery cat for a month now and I can't say whether or not it actually works. Why? Because my cats don't really use it for scratching. They sleep on it. They play on it. They play with the toy. They DON'T scratch it. I think it's because it's in a horizontal position. My kitties seem to prefer their scratching post and the vertical scratcher that hangs from the door. I also think the emery cat freaks them out because of the sandpapery feel it has - it's harder and rougher than the usual carpet or rope scratchers.

**Should you buy this?**

Well, that depends. Do you cats scratch harder stuff like wood? Do your cats scratch horizontal scratchers? Then it might be worth it. I do suggest that you try to buy from a nearby brick and mortar store like Petsmart who will take it back if your cats don't use it. That way you don't have to pay shipping or return shipping.

The makers of this product should consider making a vertical scratcher as well - I think my cats would use it more often if it were vertical. I also think it's kind of expensive for what it is. The catnip that was packaged with mine was also old or something - they didn't seem interested at all until I used some fresh catnip.

Emery Cat is a hit with my kitties!

from Canton, OH

Comments about Emery Cat Emery Cat Board:

I was hesitant to purchase Emery Cat because sometimes my cat's aren't nearly as impressed with my purchases for them as I am. In this case they loved my purchase! My cats have always loved the cat scratcher's that are horizontal rather than vertical. So I usually purchase the cardboard model's that are pretty much destroyed in a week or so. Emery Cat is much more durable. It not only satisfies kitty's urge to scratch but also helps keep nails "trimmed" down. It takes the points off of my kitties nails saving me from trimming their nails. I would have given this 10 stars if it hadn't been for the little pieces that do tend to come off when kitty has a good scratching session. It's not a big deal, as this happens with all of the scratcher's that I use. I would recommend this product to anyone who has a cat that likes to scratch, which would be every cat owner! It's a very good product and the price isn't ridiculous.

Tail chaser

from Syracuse, New York

Comments about Emery Cat Emery Cat Board:

The Emery Cat Emery Cat Board is quite unique. I was unsure how the cat would take to this but, thankfully, it all went well. First and foremost, the board seems durable and not too cheaply made. It is brown in color and has a some what tan emery type vented area as well. He liked to pluck his nails at it and at times, it could be slightly nerve wrecking. But it doesn't take up very much space and he seems to like it a lot. The cat likes to stretch on the emery board and roll around. Really, it is actually quite entertaining to watch. He loves to play with the feathered bar too. He swats and plays for hours. I am unsure as to how it works as an emery board. I don't think it trims his nails but I might be wrong. I think that the Emery Cat Board is best used as a Christmas gift for your cat - son. He most certainly will be highly entertained but, I don't know about it's emery powers. Based on observation alone, it seems like he enjoys it very much.

My Cats Love Scratching This!♥

from Austin, TX

Comments about Emery Cat Emery Cat Board:

I got this on someone's recommendation to keep my cats from scratching my furniture. It was easy to put together, but there were a few problems. There is a little toy that attaches to the emery Board. My cats had it torn off nearly right away. While it was a good idea, & they enjoyed it while it lasted, they destroyed that part of it within minutes. I have no idea where to get the middle refills. Although, so far, I haven't had to get a new one. I haven't gotten more cat nip for it, either, but they don't seem to mind. It hasn't stopped them from scratching my furniture like it says it's supposed to do. They have cut down, but haven't stopped. Their nails are cut down, so we don't need to cut their claws as much. But we do need to still cut them. It's not a perfect cure-all, but it does do what they say to a point. That, and my cats love to scratch on it. They even like to lay on it! Great product to help cut down on problems, but, at least in my cats' case, doesn't solve the scratching and nail clipping problems. But they will love it!

My cats prefer to sleep on it

from Phoenix, AZ

Comments about Emery Cat Emery Cat Board:

On paper, the concept seems good. A texture to scratch and file their claws, and a shape that helps the cat stretch herself out as she scratches. There is a feather on a pole for her to play with. And if I add catnip to the scratcher, it entices the cats to scratch it more. But in practice, my cats prefer to sleep on top of it. They do like it, but not for its intended purpose, which is to give them something else to do their instinctive scratching rather than expensive furniture. And the feather on the pole is cute, but it disappeared because a cat took it away somewhere which I have not yet determined. I might find it under the refrigerator when I sweep. Anyway, what I notice is that they went for it when it was new and novel, and sniffed the catnip and rubbed their heads on it. A couple of them did scratch it, but then they stretched out on top of it and slept on it. Oh, well, it does make them happy, but not in the way that I had expected.

Cats say no to the Emery Board

Comments about Emery Cat Emery Cat Board:

I have two cats one of which despises having her nails cut. Both my cats also love playing with scratchy boards/toys so I was hoping they would like this Emery Board and it could trim their nails at the same time.

Eh, I was wrong. My cats just weren't that into the Emery Board. They played with the feather toy it came with with for about all of a second. They only attempted scratching the board a few times and did not seem to like it as they never attempted again. The actual scratch board itself it pretty hard and rough (more than usual scratch boards) so I am wondering if they didn't like how it made their nails feel. I also think my cats (and many cats I have been in contact with) prefer vertical scratch boards because that allows them to stretch and imitate climbing. I also tried placing this board vertical but they still didn't like it.

So I'm not really sure if it works because I couldn't get my kitties to use it on a consistent basis. I wouldn't recommend the Emery Board based on my cats experience.

My cats won't really touch it.

Comments about Emery Cat Emery Cat Board:

Cats are very strange animals, and they like to avoid certain things and favor others, such as a fresh basket of laundry. My little sister got this scratching post for my cats but they refused to touch it for some reason. Instead they chose to ruin my chairs.

Pain free nail trimmings.

Comments about Emery Cat Emery Cat Board:

My cat is absolutely terrible with new things, and when I introduced the nail clipper to him when he was just a baby he totally freaked out. He will run far away at the sight of the nail clipper and will jolt awake from his sleep if you try to clip his nails while he is taking a nap. It has been impossible to clip his nails, and it had been getting to the point where I was afraid that his nail would hurt his toes. We saw an advertisement for this emery scratch board and thought it would be the perfect thing. Our cat doesn't like getting his nails clipped, but he does like to scratch things. We bought this board, and coaxed our cat to scratch it. We gave him treats when he scratched the board and now he does it all by himself. We no longer have to trim his nails and he can now enjoy playing with his toy while we enjoy the privileged of shortened nails without a hassle! This board has also lasted a surprisingly long time.

Good but not great.

Comments about Emery Cat Emery Cat Board:

My cat doesn't use this much, I'm sure if it actually leaned against a wall or something she'd like it a lot more. The feather toy broke within minutes, she snapped the wand just before the hole it sits in.

Cats like the Emery Cat Board

from Reston, VA

Comments about Emery Cat Emery Cat Board:

We got our first Emery Cat Board a couple of months ago.  It took our two kitties a few days to adjust, and they used it for a few weeks, but then began using it less and less, until they simply refused to use it anymore. I'm not sure what it was about this cat board, but apparently they decided they did not like it.

Half of my cats use the Emery Cat... on occasion

from Newnan, GA

Comments about Emery Cat Emery Cat Board:

I don't watch infomercials, so the first time I saw this was in a store. I thought it was a great idea, but didn't know if it would actually work, or if my cats would use it. I have two cats: one that only scratches on carpet (and I'm not talking about a carpetted scratching post) and one who loves to scratch on a scratching post, but has gotten finicky about which type of scratcher he'll use. I bought a new scratching post about six months ago that he has never touched. He had one of those flat cardboard scratching pads that he absolutely loved, but it was so worn out that it was basically useless. I thought he might like the Emery Cat because it is similar to his last scratch pad, and I liked the idea that it can file down his claws, so when I saw it on clearance I bought it.

It comes with a bag of catnip to apply to the Emery Cat; I simply pulled the insert out and put the catnip under it to avoid the mess, and to avoid my cats licking the catnip and the gritty emery-stuff off. But it seems like there may be a scent that overpowers the catnip, because my cats barely notice it. My younger cat doesn't use scratching post for scratching, but he does love to lay on the flat ones... but the arch on this drives him away. He doesn't like it at all. My other cat, the one I really got this for, barely uses it; in the month that we've had it, I've seen him use it 4 or 5 times. HOWEVER (and this is  the reason for my rating), it really does file down the cat's claws!