View more bouncers

Eddie Bauer Soothing Comfort Bouncenette

3.5

Pros

Cons

Can I get a bouncenette in my size?

I have many sweet memories of my baby sleeping peacefully or swatting at the toys in this bouncer. She and I both loved it, and I was sad when she was six months old and grew too long and heavy to use it anymore. I wouldn't hesitate to buy this as a gift for a pregnant friend with similar tastes. The minimalist, neutral appearance did not create an eyesore in my home, the way most other bouncers would. The netting was effective for both indoor and outdoor use, because it kept pets and bugs away. Inside, everything that touches the baby is covered with the softest fabric ever. The low-tech sound and vibrate feature and the no-tech hanging toys were successful at stimulating or soothing my child, whatever need be. If I could order one in my size, I would.

The biggest problem with the bouncer was that it was not easy to move. There was no simple way to fold it up, and no handle for carrying from place to place. If it had been more portable, I would have used it even more often. Since it was a bother, I made do with the infant car seat when we were out. Keep in mind that if you are short on money, the infant car seat works very well as a place to lay baby down or offer toys. A bouncy seat is redundant for most parents, and a luxury you will never remember you didn't have once the child is older than six months. But if you do want to indulge in that luxury, I wholeheartedly suggest Eddie Bauer's little baby sanctuary.

who exactly was this designed for?

Thank goodness I didn't pay full price for this! I bought it from an acquaintance who I probably will avoid now. This "bouncerette"(isn't that cute?), is almost...Read complete review

Thank goodness I didn't pay full price for this! I bought it from an acquaintance who I probably will avoid now. This "bouncerette"(isn't that cute?), is almost useless.

First off, it is small, only a very new baby could fit. But a new baby would flop all around because there is no back support, and the child clips in far down. The back itself is hard and despite the pad, does not cradle the baby in any way. There are only two positions, almost flat and flatter. Again, as there is no head or back support, the baby WILL flop around and get there face smushed against the side. Of course an older baby would have more control and possibly be safe, but wait, an older baby can't fit!

The vibration is silly as it only really vibrates towards the feet. The nature sounds are just noise, really bad and then the birds start chirping, and it is not relaxing. It is more like startling.

SO please do not buy this, you will waste your money. I am out only 10 bucks and i am still really annoyed. I don't even want to donate this as I don't think it is safe for those it is intended for. (My 9 week old is really too big for it and she flops over to the side and her head/face is against the side.)

Oh it has a net that you zip around so when you are outside the bugs won't get the baby. But I truly can not see anyone  packing this along on a camping trip.

I still need a bouncy seat!

Soothing comfort indeed!

from Indianapolis, IN

Comments about Eddie Bauer Soothing Comfort Bouncenette:

My husband and I love to be outside, so when we were looking for baby products, we wanted things that could be used inside and out. The Eddie Bauer Soothing Comfort Bouncenette was perfect for us! The Eddie Bauer Soothing Comfort Bouncenette is very durable. We were able to us it for several months before our son got to heavy. It was the perfect bouncer for outside, as the netting kept bugs away, but still allowed a nice breeze. The Eddie Bauer Soothing Comfort Bouncenette doesn't actually bounce as easily as other brands, but the built in vibrator was perfect! This seat saved us more than one night when our son wouldn't sleep in his crib. The Eddie Bauer Soothing Comfort Bouncenette travels, though it doesn't fold up as small as others would like, but it worked perfectly for us. We loved the ability to use the Eddie Bauer Soothing Comfort Bouncenette with the mesh netting, or with everything down. A great investment! (We were able to find it at a second hand store in great condition for much less than in the store.)

good for outside, and acid reflux babies but not much fun

from Ipswich, MA

Comments about Eddie Bauer Soothing Comfort Bouncenette:

i liked the fact that i can keep bugs of my baby but the seat is fairly new and the vibrations are not working and i also like how it has a zipper to sit baby up which is good for baby with refluxbut not worth it

Nice, Loved it, but not worth the money

from Grand Rapids, MI

Comments about Eddie Bauer Soothing Comfort Bouncenette:

This was a gift to me, thank god. Eddie Bauer is a great brand but REALLY expensive for the product. This worked well if my son and I were going somewhere over night when he was younger, it was very easy to transport, and I LOVED the netting. But you can only use it for a couple months, My son was in it until he was about 2 months old and then he was to big and he was always in the 50th percentile.And there are so many other bassinet/bouncers out there for much cheaper that are just the same quality. So i mean if you have the money and you don't have anything else to spend it on. But today thats not likely, so I would suggest finding a different one. Its really not that impressive.

A great product

from Langhorne, PA

Comments about Eddie Bauer Soothing Comfort Bouncenette:

I thought this product was great my son really seemed to like it the only problem was he he grew very fast so by 5 months he really didn't fit in it anymore. During the first 5 months he always took his naps and being a first time parent I hated him being in any other room then I was in so I always took it with me where ever I went. I would definitely recommend this product.

The best investment!

from Tulsa, OK

Comments about Eddie Bauer Soothing Comfort Bouncenette:

This bouncer is awesome! The reason that we purchased it in the first place was because of the zip up netting. The vibration is not too hard, but just enough to soothe the baby. The color is also a plus, it is very neutral. I only have one dislike about it, the objects that dangle from the arch do not face the child when he/she is sitting in the bouncer. they face towards the side.

Nice, But Not really Needed.

from Beaumont, CA

Comments about Eddie Bauer Soothing Comfort Bouncenette:

I got this bouncenette as a baby shower gift. I loved how it was so comfy for the baby. He loved to sleep in it, and the vibrations helped him sleep. It was nice to have something I could move from room to room for him to nap in. But he out grew it very quickly. I think it only lasted about 3 and half months, and then he didn't use it again. I loved having it and using it, but I don't think I would have bought it myself. I just think I could have used the baby swing or his regular bouncer just as well.

My son lived in it

from Rochester, MI

Comments about Eddie Bauer Soothing Comfort Bouncenette:

My son loved this bouncer. I am so glad that we got this for our son. He did not want anything to do with his swing but put him in this and he was in there for a hour at a time starting when we brought him home. He is 4 months old and he still sits in it for a bit. This is a must have.

My baby got to big for the Eddie Bauer Bouncer to soon

from Farmington, UT

Comments about Eddie Bauer Soothing Comfort Bouncenette:

I read reviews before making this purchase and they were not very good, but it was so cute, I ignored them, big mistake. There is only one good thing about this bouncer, so I will start with that. The bouncer has a netting that you can zip up to protect your baby from bugs for use outside. The cons far out weigh the one pro. The bouncer does not bounce. It also is small inside and my baby who is in the 2% for her age in height and weight, was to big for it by 5 months, luckily we received a second bouncer, the fisher price ocean wonders one, and it worked and still works and she is now a year old. Besides being small inside, it doesn't support the baby well inside and my daughter was rolling over, even when she was buckled in. The vibrating works okay, but the music and animal sounds are really quiet and can't be turned off, instead they turn off by themselves after about 15 minutes which is really annoying. Don't be deceived by it's cuteness, it doesn't work well for babies, spend your money on a different bouncer.

Good newborn chair - but spend your money on a good baby swing.

from Draper, UT

Comments about Eddie Bauer Soothing Comfort Bouncenette:

I used this bouncer for two of my kids.  It is a comfortable little place to lay a newborn down to rest but once your baby is old enough to want to sit up, this bouncer becomes obsolete.  The one thing I did like about this bouncer is is folds up and is easy to take with you on roadtrips.  I used it as an overnight bed for my newborns on several occasions.  I did like the little vibrating motor which seemed to soothe my newborns.  When I purchased this bouncer I thought that the motor would actually bounce the baby as well.  That is not the case.  The motor only vibrates the chair - you have to manually do the bouncing.  The chair comes with a few cute little toys hanging down but once your baby is old enough to notice the toys, he/she probably won't want to be strapped in to this chair.  I like the color and style of the chair, but I don't think my babies really cared too much for the style when they were newborns.  I think this is a good chair to have for someone who needs an alternative, easy to store away sleeping place for a newborn.  Other than that, I would suggest purchasing a good baby swing instead of this chair.

So great and comfortable

from Norwich, CT

Comments about Eddie Bauer Soothing Comfort Bouncenette:

This eddie bauer bouncer is great. first of all i love eddie bauer because all the products with this brand are very durable and great. This bouncer is so good to use in the summer. It has a net so when you bring your baby out they don't have to be annoyed with bugs biting them. It's also really comfortable for the baby. It has music and vibration. It really is great. My daughter loves sleeping in it. ia ctually have 2 of them because I recieved them from my baby shower but I would deff. recommend this to anyone.