View more desktops

Dell dimension 9100 PC desktop computer

the dell dimension 9100 desktop computer is all you could want

from Louisville, KY

Comments about Dell dimension 9100 PC desktop computer:

The dell dimension 9100 desktop computer is all you could want in a computer.  The service is excellent when I have needed it.  I would recommend Dell to anyone.  This is the best computer system I have ever owned and will only own dell from now on.

Sturdy desktop computer with easy access to internal components

from Norman, OK

Comments about Dell dimension 9100 PC desktop computer:

**OVERVIEW**

I replaced a hard drive and graphics card in one of these computers. Overall, it seemed like a pretty good computer. It was extremely sturdy but with a few annoying design choices by Dell. I might recommend a Dell Dimension to a friend, but probably a newer model than this particular one.

**THE GOOD**

- I was able to open up the case and remove the hard drive and graphics card without any tools. This was very welcome after working on some HP Machines.

- The case is extremely sturdy. It felt like it was designed to withstand a nuclear blast. Lots of metal and very little plastic.

- Great ventilation. The airflow through the case looks like it is extremely good.

**THE BAD**

- No PS2 jack for a keyboard (the purple one that is typically in the back of a desktop computer). This means that you have to use a USB keyboard with it.

- (Possibly specific to the computer I was working on) The motherboard does not have a built in graphics card. This isn't normally a problem because the computer has a separate graphics card, but ended up being annoying when I was experiencing some problems with the "gaming" graphics card that someone put in the computer.

- Heavy!!!!

**THE UGLY**
****

- When I installed a new 1TB hard drive in the computer, I did not have the Dell restore disk handy. A standard Windows XP install disk does not have the SATA drivers on it so that it can recognize the SATA hard drive. I ended up having to reconfigure the BIOS so that the hard drive was presented to the OS as an IDE hard drive because I was under a time crunch. This problem will probably not affect a normal everyday user.