Other Arts & Crafts Supplies:
Arts and Crafts, Drawing and Coloring
Crayola

Crayola Twistables Crayons

A great product. I really liked it.

Okay just so you know I'm a giant kid when it comes to stuff like this. However I'm also a babysitter so I like to try these things out before I buy them and have them around the kids I watch. Being that as it may, I used this product about two weeks ago and was very pleased with it so I let my kids use it (under my supervision of course) to see if it was "kid proof" needless to say it was. Which was a real surprise to me because I was kinda worried about the hard plastic body of the twistable hurting the kids hands (It was kinda hard for me to hold on to it but I chalked it up to being because my hands were bigger than a child's. Yet I will admit it was easier to hold than an inch long piece of crayon). Now I didn't give this product a ten because I didn't really like that even if you reused them there would be left over residue from the last crayon so sometimes the colors mixed together a little bit. It was a big disappointment when my yellow sun had a very large streak of blue in the middle. I also noticed that as time goes on they get a little harder to twist so buyer beware of that. Overall however it was a really good product and serves its purpose. The children I watch also really enjoyed it (their ages are: eight, four, ten and two).

Twistables are not as washable as other Crayola products

My little guy loves to draw.  His grandma sent him some of these Crayola Twistable Crayons in a package in the mail.  He loved drawing with them.  I was very impressed with the bold colors that come out onto the paper.  My son seemed to love how easy these were to draw with.  The crayon itself is softer than a regular Crayola crayon, and the color just rolls right onto the paper.  The bright, vivid colors were great, too.  My son is very picky about his crayons being sharp, as many children are.  And these crayons were are just the solution that that.  They twist open, and thus never making a "dull" crayon.  They work just like a mechanical pencil in a sense.  That was all great, and I was very pleased with them.  But then my son's friend came over.  When I wasn't supervising, his friend used one of these Twistable crayons on our linoleum kitchen floor.  Within minutes, I used cleaners, dish soap, hand soap, and everything I could use to get it off.  Most of the green color came off, but there was still some green smeared on the floor that I could not get off.  We never did get it completely off.  Over time, it faded a bit after washing the floor numerous times.  But that incident made me very leary of those crayons after that.

My kids love these!

from Puyallup, WA

Comments about Crayola Twistables Crayons:

My kids love using these crayons! The twist up option is great and comes in handy when travelling or on to bring out somewhere. I like the packaging and design. The crayons write well and smooth. I like these a lot and would recommend them to other parents with young kids.

Comments about Crayola Twistables Crayons:

The most amazing product for young kids who love to color and draw! This past year my 4 year old was entering PreK and the teachers asked us to send in a package of Twistables. I had never even heard of these before and wondered why wouldn't they want young kids to use regular crayons. Well first of all these are virtually unbreakable! They never need to be sharpened, and there is no messy wrappers for the kids to peel off. Again, I wanted to know why the teachers preferred these over crayons. My son's teacher said these help the child learn to hold the crayon the proper way, not in their fist like so many do with crayons. I was absolutely astounded how quickly he learned to hold this the right way and how his coloring and writing skills improved. I can't say enough about these twistables, we have had the same package for over 6 months and none have broken yet! The most reliable crayon I have ever seen! Five Stars!!!!

Awesome Crayons

Comments about Crayola Twistables Crayons:

I love Crayola Twistables Crayons! I do a lot of arts and crafts, so I use crayons a lot. I also buy them for my nieces. Crayola Twistables are awesome! First of all, since they are surrounded by plastic, they do not break! Sharpening crayons was always a pain-Twistables take away that aggravation! All you do is twist and more crayon is exposed! I love that I don't have to ruin pencil sharpeners on crayons, and I don't have to stop and sharpen crayons for my nieces every five seconds! The plastic covering keeps the crayons in good condition. Another plus is that the colors are rich and vivid. This was a great idea from Crayola!

Twistables...To use or not to use...I think not

Comments about Crayola Twistables Crayons:

Twistables sound great right, they come with an eraser on the ends of the crayon right, and you're like sweet if you make a mistake you can erase it! But noooo! Think again, you make a mistake and try to use their erasers, they smudge hardcore. They leave giant black marks across your paper or whatever you're drawing/colouring on. It's ridiculous. They crayons smudge a lot too, they leave excess shavings on your paper. Myself personally, I wouldn't buy it, I got them as a gift from a friend in school as a Christmas secret Santa thing. I used them and they were pretty horrible. I hated them, mostly because I couldn't use the eraser, they left scraps everywhere and it was a complete and utter mess. If you expose more of the lead than you want it could break off, and it's pretty much useless after it breaks off. I thought they were a waste of money and time. For me, I wouldn't recommend them to anyone. Too hard to write or draw with. I'll stick with normal coloured pencils any day of the week!

Mess free creative fun.

Comments about Crayola Twistables Crayons:

When crayola came out with these i was ecstatic. My children are quite crafty and really artistic. They love to color and draw pictures almost every day. So we have all different kinds of art supplies. I have always hated regular crayons because they always have the little flakes that come off and get on to the other crayons unless you keep them in the actual box . Or when the kids try to sharpen them and you have a mess of crayon shavings all over the house. So when I saw the twistable crayons I grabbed 4 packs rights away. I wanted to make sure we could throw out the old messy crayons and replace them with these forever. You don't have to worry about them breaking in half and it's like they are always sharp because you can twist them up . My kids absolutely love these twistable crayons and I think these crayons would be the best choice for any family with creative kids.

A great product. I really liked it.

Comments about Crayola Twistables Crayons:

These twistable crayons are amazing. I used to hate using the little crayon sharpener. This twistable crayon eliminates that hassle. The only downfall is sometimes they do run out rather quickly or break kind of easily. They aren't exactly cheap either. Just a product I personally prefer.

Suprisingly wasteful

Comments about Crayola Twistables Crayons:

How disappointing, and rather sad... I bought these thinking under the presumption I could get rills for them. Nope. Can't find refills. What a waste generator -- plastic that will go into the landfill after one (very short) use, for hundreds/thousands of years! you'd think Crayola the company would be more responsible given plastic waste is such a terrible problem known to detrimentally impact our children's future. Shame on you Crayola. Back to the classic tried and true crayons for our family.

Wonderful Crayon Product

from Amelia, OH

Comments about Crayola Twistables Crayons:

My son is 5 years old almost 6 and absolutely loves these. I'm a teacher and love them too for my first graders. They never complain about not having the right color for their coloring or that their crayon is broken. The don't end up on the floor for kids to step and mash into the tile floor or carpet. You don't have to buy ten packs throughout the school year, they are always sharpened. Wonderful for kids!

What about replacement lead?

from Stafford, VA

Comments about Crayola Twistables Crayons:

Great product initially, but I am concerned that after a pencil/set is used up, that there is no way to replace the lead. Also, concerned about throwing away the pencils (can't recycle). Crayola should be into helping the environment out..... just a little. Will not buy the product in the future. My 4 year old literally used up all the lead in less than a week.