3.7

3.7

Pros

Cons

• Available Rates:

PROBABLY THE MOST REWARDING CREDIT CARD!

I've been a citi card holder since 1991.  Fresh out of college, I needed a solid credit card that wouldn't slam me with a high APR.  After getting my first real job, I stop carrying a balance.  Smart right?  A few years ago, Citi dreams up a fabulous idea.  They decide to reward customers with MONEY BACK on their purchases!  Every day purchases AND EXTRA money back at food & drug stores, gas, and even your utility bill! And when your rewards hit at least $50, they cut you a check!  On top of that, they have an online shopping network where you can earn EXTRA POINTS TOWARDS YOUR BIG CHECK!  And we're talking popular merchants like Best Buy, Sears, JC Pennys.  I plan on purchasing my big screen TV through the Best Buy connection.  Depending on the merchant, you can get a percentage back off your total bill.  Like Best Buy for example.  You can 1% back from your total purchase.  So if I'm spending $2000 on a TV, I'll get $20 cash back!  PLUS I'll get a percentage of points if I use my citi card.  It's not dollar for dollar, but it's pretty close!  I haven't carried a balance since college, so it's FREE $$!  Their APR is high,19.24.  But if you intend on carrying a balance, just give them a call and they'll gladly lower it!  (Neat little trick I learned during my tough post college years!)

Keep this card out of your wallet.

I have had my Citi Platinum Select Card for several years. I originally started with a regular Citi Mastercard when I was eighteen. I had always paid my balance in full and eventually they c my to the Citi Platinum Select Card. Like many people I have been struggling financially recently and madea payment late. They immediately put it against my credit report. After eighteen years of not missing a single payment and never carrying a balance, they hurt my credit rating for missing one payment by a couple of days. I would understand charging a late fee but, it was completely unnecessary to adversely affect my credit rating so fast. I have canceled my card and will never do business again with Citi. Plus the card had only one good thing, no annual fee. This card offered nothing else. I earned no cash back, miles, or anything else. All I got was a bad mark on my credit report for being late with one payment. I recommend that yo do not apply for this or any other Citi Credit Card.

The Citi Dividend Card used to be great, now it is adequate

Comments about Citi - Dividend Platinum Select MasterCard:

The Citi Dividend Platinum Select Mastercard used to have a fantastic rewards program: 5% back at gas stations, restaurants and supermarkets and at least 1% back with everything else. Now it is 1% everywhere, with a rotating 3% for categories that are typically less useful, such as gym membership or hotel stays.

When my credit card was compromised and used repeatedly in another city, Citi's automated security shut down my account and sent me a text warning. I contacted customer service and they emailed me a few documents, which I needed to sign and fax back to them, and then they waived the nearly $500 in fraudulent fees.

So, automated security features, notification of suspicious activity via text and customer service are top notch, but rewards program is only mediocre at best.

Customer Service
As mentioned above, when my card was compromised, it was Citi's automated security that stopped the card from being used even more extensively, and their customer service made a bad situation as painless as possible. They removed nearly $500 in fraudulent charges after I faxed them a sworn statement.

Available Rates
As I always pay my balance in full each statement, I have never had to pay interest, but I believe their rates are competitive with similar companies.

My favorite credit card!

Comments about Citi - Dividend Platinum Select MasterCard:

I have had this credit card for years. It was my first rewards credit card and it still remains my absolute favorite! You earn money actual money! For just simply using this credit card! I try to put everything I can on to this credit card so that I can redeem for actual cash. You can redeem your points for increments of $50 and $50 is the minimum to cash out. It does not take long for an actual check to arrive in your mailbox. I prefer this to points cards that you can redeem for items and gift cards because you can take the cash and actually pay your credit card statement with it! It is so versatile and I really enjoy the card. The only thing I don't like about it is that you are limited to about three hundred dollars a year. I cannot remember the exact amount that you are limited to and one time I received a special offer for unlimited cash back in a year. also I have gotten offers for additional cash back, other than the standard one percent, at certain stores. All in all it is my favorite credit card!

• Available Rates:

Good credit card with good customer service

from Cedar City, UT

Comments about Citi - Dividend Platinum Select MasterCard:

I have had this credit card for nearly a decade, and have been consistently please with the quality of service and convenience this card has offered, as well as the reward program. In the interest of full disclosure, let me state that I use my credit card for every purchase I can and then pay the balance in full each month. This translates into the fact that I don't know what the actual APR on the card is, since I am never charged interest. In addition, the lack of an annual fee and the rewards program means that Citi actually pays me to use this card. I have also traveled throughout Europe with this credit card, and have never had any issues, including in countries that are not part of the European Union. Customer service has always been professional, helpful, and available, which I appreciate. I intend to continue using this card for years to come.

Rewards keep going down

from Spokane, WA

Comments about Citi - Dividend Platinum Select MasterCard:

This was the first credit card I ever got. When I did back in 2004, the rewards were great. I got 5% at grocery stores, drug stores, and a couple of other places. This went down to 2%, and now is 1% everywhere. They introduced quarterly categories, which change and you, of course, must sign up each time to be eligible. These don't even compare though. I think this quarter has something to do with traveling. Unless you travel a lot for business, who is traveling a lot in this economy? Also, my interest rate is now 20.99%, even though I have never paid late, or carried a balance. I still use this card, but not nearly as much as I used to. And, if I ever had to pay any finance charges, I would for sure cut it up since my other primary card is under 10% interest rate. Doesn't make sense.

• Available Rates:

Used to be good, but not any more

from Nashville, TN

Comments about Citi - Dividend Platinum Select MasterCard:

I am still looking for a good credit card reward program because this one used to offer great dividends on grocery gas, and drug store purchases.  These are the types of stores where most people spend all their money.  They used to offer a 5% rebate for this type of purchase, now this is down to 2%.   I have seen lots of other websites out there that rank credit cards, and it seems like everyone else out there like me that used to have this card is frustrated and looking else where for something better.  You think that citi would figure this out and change their credit card back to the old program and finally make their customers happy.

Good place to start for a person with their first credit card.

from Carmel, IN

Comments about Citi - Dividend Platinum Select MasterCard:

I started using a Citi Credit Card in college in order to build up good credit. They had everything I was looking for including online services such as online payment option, online statements, & online customer service. They also are in connection with the Thank You rewards program which I loved, I easily build up Thank You points that I can redeem for gift cards.

They pay me to use their card.

from Green Bay, WI

Comments about Citi - Dividend Platinum Select MasterCard:

Citibank Divident card pays you 1 percent back on all your purchases and now pays 2 percent on all your gas, grocery and drug store purchases. They used to pay 5 percent back on all your gas, grocery and drug store purchases but recently changed it to 2 percent. Eithor way if you purchase everything on your charge card and pay it off every month you will actually get paid to use their card.

PROBABLY THE MOST REWARDING CREDIT CARD!

from Conroe, TX

The perfect Credit Card!

from Banks, OR

Comments about Citi - Dividend Platinum Select MasterCard:

If you are on top of your finances this is a great credit card for you to carry.  The interest is really high though so you will want to pay it all off each month or this card will not be worth your time.

I love the rewards that are associated with this card.  We try to make most of our purchases on the credit card so that we can get the most rewards out of it.  We save the reward points up until the end of the year and then use the points to get gift cards for our loved ones at Christmas time.  This saves us a ton of money during the holidays and is free for us to do.

I've never had a problem with this credit card.  One time someone got the credit card information from online and attempted to use it.  But the transaction was stopped and I was notified of the attempt.  I feel like this company has gone above and beyond to protect my identity and credit.  It's a nice change when all you hear about is negativity about credit card companies.

Some good, some bad... better cards are available

from Brookfield, CT

Comments about Citi - Dividend Platinum Select MasterCard:

The Citi Divident Platinum Select Card was chosen specifically because of its low rate and cash back rewards. Unfortunately only one of those benefits remain. Like with other credit cards, the interest rate continues to go up as the new rules loom over the banks. It has gotten to a point where it cannot be leveraged and I just plan to pay down the debt and only use the card if I can pay it off immediately (but I guess that's what you really only should use a credit card for anyway). The cash back rewards work quite well. I get 1% back for most purchases, while gas and groceries are promoted with a 2% reward. The cash reward is not applied to the balance (which would be better) but instead is built up in a separate balance and then the user is required to submit a request for a check in the amount of the "reward dollars" once the balance passes $50. The checks actually come very fast, always less than 2 weeks, which is nice. They are also the only card to recently raise my credit limit which was also nice. Although I have no intention of using additional credit, it's nice to know that it is available, and a good indication of my credit score. The online access is pretty standard. They did try to bug me with other offers for savings accounts and concert tickets but I just changed the account settings to block the spam. Overall, its a good card, but I can definitely find a better one.