3.1

3.1

Pros

Cons

• Available Rates:

Better deal than Discover -- straigt up 1% cashback.

We used to be strict DiscoverCard users but a few years ago, I realized I wasn't getting the "advertized" 1% cashback (this is, of course, after meeting the $1000 minimum per year in which you get .25% then .5% then .75% before you even make it up to 1%). Then I read over the fine print on one of those "updates" to the "agreement" that they mail you......there are all sorts of places you use your card every day that don't get you the 1% cashback -- namely warehouse stores (for me, Sam's) and supercenter type stores (in my neck of the woods, Wal-mart). Well, since those are places I shop often, I felt a little cheated. I started comparing other rewards cards and found that Chase's card offers a straight 1% on all purchases....and occasionally they run a special deal that allows you to get a bit more on certain categories. Discover does the same thing with the certain categories, but I found it was a better deal for us to switch our Discover to the Discover 5% cashback on Gas card and then use the Chase card for all other purchases. We basically charge everything we buy on the Chase card and then pay the balance in full every month. That way we maximize the "reward" but never pay interest charges.I didn't compare to other cards that offer rewards such as airline miles, etc... as I feel a cashback reward is a better deal over the long haul.

Watch the expiration dates - Visa chooses and screws you royally

Watch your monthly statements!  When the statement claims 'points will expire  on or after month' - you as the consumer have no way of knowing when during the month the points will expire.  I called the first week of the month to talk about reward options, but by the second week of the month when I had made up my mind, the points are gone.  The statement does not give a specific day within the month that the points will expire.  When calling customer service to get the points back since the month is not over - good luck!  Not only are they rude and condescending but they could care less.  Points that have taken years to accumulate are gone *SOMETIME *during the month. I have used my card and pay the balance every month for over 10 years - doesn't matter - Chase could care less.  If I were you - I would get a different card.  On my daughters visa(mba) - the points never expire.  **You earn them, you keep them**. **LOUSY CUSTOMER SERVICE**!   There are a million cards out there, all offering something, choose better!  Do not choose Chase.

Easily Accessible

Comments about Chase - Rewards Visa Card:

I love how easy it is to deal with Chase. I would never have problems finding a bank at my neighborhood, or even while I travel. They are also very caught up with technology, making it easy to upload checks, check my account, etc. at the tip of my fingers. I also sign up for the mobile notifications so I can check my balance or transaction easily.

There are also so many variety to choose from in terms of reward cards. Chase Freedom is amongst one of my favorite because you can get cash back on almost anything! From what I encountered, the people working at chase are also very professional as well and respond quickly. Overall, I recommend Chase bank amongst all other banks.

There's also very persuading deals when you sign up for their card. Chase Freedom allows you to earn $100 if you spend $500 during the first 3 months of opening. There are more perks (and rules) to follow to get the most out of your card!

Customer Service
Quick to answer phone calls and would dedicate their individual time to you (at the bank) if you just have a simple question. No pressure whatsoever to join the bank or sign up for a card.

great card

from Edina, MN

Comments about Chase - Rewards Visa Card:

I have had my Chase Rewards Visa credit card for about 10 years now. It has been great for quick, simple and easy purchases and accepted everywhere both nationally and internationally. The customer service has always been very professional, helpful and thorough when I have had doubts or questions about my card or bills. My interest rate is not the best so I limit its use, as I have better interest rates on other cards. However, I am sure that varies from client to client. I have good credit, but those with great will get a better offer I am sure. It has been simple to pay and maintain and I will continue using it for the future. The rewards options are also nice and helpful in a jam.

Customer Service
Very professional, friendly, knowledgeable and good at resolving any problem.

Available Rates
My interest rate is not the best, but it varies for different customers I believe. It has been helpful for emergencies and last minute purchases.

Great Card, okay rewards

from Greer, SC

Comments about Chase - Rewards Visa Card:

This was one of my first credit cards I got as a teenager. I kept for several years and really enjoyed using it. The interest rate was really high, but what do you expect for a company advertising to teens for their first cards? I paid my bill off every month and earned a good amount of reward points through them. They're reward choices aren't all that great, but this is was also a few years ago when I was using them. I was able to redeem my points for several gift cards (amazon, old navy, etc.) and I think I got a back messager as well. I ultimately closed the account because when my husband and I got married we combined accounts and things and we really didn't need a thousand credit cards, especially ones with high interest rates. As long as you are committed to paying your bills off every month I would recommend using this chase card. Why not earn rewards for buying things you need? It almost like being paid (or making money) to use their credit card.

An Acceptable Rewards Card

Comments about Chase - Rewards Visa Card:

I honestly have no complaints about the Chase Rewards Visa Card. I use it each month to pay some bills and make purchases. I do pay it off every month which makes this card productive for me. Chase Rewards offers gift cards for so many points earned at a rate of one dollar spent equals one point. They do have gift cards to stores where I like to shop and I enjoy cashing in my points for these gift cards. Usually the gifts cards are delivered through the mail in about one week. Overall, the rewards program has worked well for me.

Customer Service
I have rarely had the need to contact Chase's customer service. On the rare occasions that I have called them, I would say that their service is just as good or better than most. There is the automated voice system that does work well and will get you to a live person if need be. Any problems that I have had were not related to Chase's performance but were issues created by stores that needed to be corrected. Chase has always been very helpful addressing my needs.

Available Rates
The available rates on this card are average. There is no real advantage to have this card solely based on rates. I would say their rates are within the norm of excessive interest rates charged by many credit card companies. I pay my bill in full each month, so interest rates are not a factor in my choice to use this card.

• Available Rates:

Not the best, but not the worst

from Garden City, NY

Comments about Chase - Rewards Visa Card:

My experience with Chase has been mixed. Overall, I'm reviewing this card based on its merit as a rewards card. First, the interest rate is incredibly high (as mentioned below) 27.99 is far too much for a rewards card with minimal rewards.

Second, the rewards aren't that wonderful. Every now and then, Chase will offer 5% cash back on certain categories. Even so, it truly takes racking up a lot of charges to come away with even a few hundred dollars per year. The rewards are slow earning with little pay off.

While I don't feel this is the worst card out there, it certainly isn't the best. If you're looking for into a rewards card, I would keep researching.

Customer Service
To be fair, I haven't had to use the customer service too much. Although, they were able to resolve a dispute I had quite quickly.

Available Rates
The rates are fairly high- introductory went to 27.99 within 6 months. At a time when most card interests are low, this is incredibly high.

• Available Rates:

its better to have credit then not to

from Goffstown, NH

Comments about Chase - Rewards Visa Card:

the have been really great about helping me try to stay up to date with payments. Offering differnt options. One month they even gave me a 3 month grace period with no penalties or interest just to get caught up. i just got a letter from them stating that strting Feb 22 2010 there will no longer be over the limit fees how great is that?

A Visa Card with many options

from Shelley, ID

Comments about Chase - Rewards Visa Card:

I love the on-line access to this Chase Visa card. I can check my balance and make a payment any time. The reward points were an added bonus. I used them to purchase gift cards for Christmas last year.

Chase may not be increasing % but it increase my min. payment!

from Minneapolis, MN

Comments about Chase - Rewards Visa Card:

SHAME ON YOU CHASE!! Chase is trying to be "kind" by not increasing percentage rates but they are increasing my monthly minimum due - going from 2% to 5%!! What kind of company raises a minimum amount do by 3% in an economy that is tanking! So they want people to loose their homes! People are just making it now -paycheck to paycheck and now they want me to pay more! LOOKS LIKE I HAVE TO GET A 3RD JOB IN THIS SUCKY ECONOMY DUE TO CHASE!

Ask about the best Hardship Programs in the world!

from Douglasville, GA

Comments about Chase - Rewards Visa Card:

I had to chose a program to help me get my credit back on track and Chase was wonderful to say the least about WAMU,... I am so happy they are with Chase now maybe the service will step up for WAMU because Chase is offering the best rate plans and all for anyone with a hardship right now....

I paid on time and they increased my interest for no reason!

from Dothan, AL

Comments about Chase - Rewards Visa Card:

My credit card company was purchased by Chase. I saw my monthly payment increase by $10.00 and the interest rate increase even though I've always paid on time. Chase bank received stimulus money and still finds it easy to punish the card holders who pay on time. Not recommend.