2.3
Other Credit Cards:
Chase - Platinum Visa Card

Chase - Platinum Visa Card

2.3

great card with good lookes

Great card I highly recomend it. They are always willing to lower interest rates for me. Plus non of those weight for hours on end trying to talk to a real person. A+ all the way.Great card I highly recomend it. They are always willing to lower interest rates for me. Plus non of those weight for hours on end trying to talk to a real person. A+ all the way.Great card I highly recomend it. They are always willing to lower interest rates for me. Plus non of those weight for hours on end trying to talk to a real person. A+ all the way.Great card I highly recomend it. They are always willing to lower interest rates for me. Plus non of those weight for hours on end trying to talk to a real person. A+ all the way.Great card I highly recomend it. They are always willing to lower interest rates for me. Plus non of those weight for hours on end trying to talk to a real person. A+ all the way.Great card I highly recomend it. They are always willing to lower interest rates for me. Plus non of those weight for hours on end trying to talk to a real person. A+ all the way.Great card I highly recomend it. They are always willing to lower interest rates for me. Plus non of those weight for hours on end trying to talk to a real person. A+ all the way.Great card I highly recomend it. They are always willing to lower interest rates for me. Plus non of those weight for hours on end trying to talk to a real person. A+ all the way.Great card I highly recomend it. They are always willing to lower interest rates for me. Plus non of those weight for hours on end trying to talk to a real person. A+ all the way.Great card I highly recomend it. They are always willing to lower interest rates for me. Plus non of those weight for hours on end trying to talk to a real person. A+ all the way.Great card I highly recomend it. They are always willing to lower interest rates for me. Plus non of those weight for hours on end trying to talk to a real person. A+ all the way.Great card I highly recomend it. They are always willing to lower interest rates for me. Plus non of those weight for hours on end trying to talk to a real person. A+ all the way.

The Chase Platinum Visa card has cut benefits and credit lines.

I used to have a WaMu Platinum Visa.  That was before Washington Mutual was absorbed by Chase.  Now I have a Chase Platinum Visa and I've already taken several hits in the...Read complete review

I used to have a WaMu Platinum Visa.  That was before Washington Mutual was absorbed by Chase.  Now I have a Chase Platinum Visa and I've already taken several hits in the conversion.

My cash rewards from WaMu have become points rewards from Chase.  Seven months ago, My $72.00 in WaMU cash rebate earnings was converted into 7200 Chase rewards points.  Since that time, I have redeemed my Chase rewards points for Amazon.com gift certificates, a Shell gas card and a check for cash.  Unfortunately, Almost every reward has been restructured so that the points/dollar match is no longer one-to-one.  For example, you will need 1500 points for a $10.00 gift card instead of 1000 points.  I try to only redeem for rewards that have a one-to-one match like the 10,000 points required for a $100.00 cash check.  However, since you are only earning 1% on purchases, you have to spend $10,000 to make back $100, so it can take many months to earn a reward.

Another thing that I dislike is that I no longer have access to monthly free Transunion credit scores.  I loved that feature with WaMu, but Chase doesn't have it.  I no longer have any idea what my credit score is, and I'm not willing to pay $9.99/month to find out.

Finally, I was extremely upset when out of the blue Chase cut my credit line in half.  I have always paid my bills way ahead of time and was planning to purchase an expensive engagement ring for my fiance using the Chase Platinum Visa.  I would have been getting back exactly 7500 points for that purchase, and now the most I'll get is 3800 points.  I'll also have to use a debit card along with the Chase Platinum Visa to cover the purchase price of the ring.

I am a big fan of rewards cards in general, but I don't recommend them unless you are among the minority of people who pay their balances in full each month.  If I had to pay an annual fee or service charges for my purchases, I would cancel the card.  The payout from the rewards would not even come close to the amount that Chase would be collecting from me.

Chase is Not very customer friendly

Comments about Chase - Platinum Visa Card:

I have had 2 credit cards with chase and both times they have threatened to TRIPLE my APR for no reason! Both times I said stick your cards where the sun doesn't shine and I CLOSED the accounts. Not cool.

Customer Service
Customer service is not very friendly or professional. Failed to resolve issues to my satisfaction.

Available Rates
They use a bait and switch policy when it comes to their credit card rates.

• Customer Service:
  • Available Rates:

Horrible service

from Lebanon, MO

Comments about Chase - Platinum Visa Card:

Has the worst credit card service of any other card provider. Would not every recommend this company to any friends, family members, or human beings. Everyone I know has had problems with Chase as well. No one has anything positive to say about them.

Hardly ever use it except for emergencies.

from Anadarko, OK

Comments about Chase - Platinum Visa Card:

Chase has changed it's rules, like most institutions, so I don't leave a balance on ANY cards. If they even get used, they are paid off as soon as the bill comes in. I don't pay finance charges that way.

free 0% APR fee for the first 15months, cash back, and rewards!

from Brooklyn, NY

Comments about Chase - Platinum Visa Card:

I have the Chase Platinum Visa card and it helps me out alot as it saves me time shopping online rather than wasting all my time on line in stores. You get 0% APR annual fee for the first 15 months and rewards, cash back, and air miles. Which is all great for me!

The best rewards cards out there!

from Amarillo, TX

Comments about Chase - Platinum Visa Card:

I love this card.  I earn rewards so fast it's great.  You can go on the website and link to online stores and earn extra rewards.  I receive about $25 - $50 every couple of months.  I even have my bills automatically paid with this card to get faster rewards.  This also allows for tracking of expenses.  I do pay the card off every month even though the interest rate is low.  I just don't like to pay interest.  I highly recommend this card.  It is the one I use daily.

Worst credit card company I've ever dealt with

from Denver, CO

Comments about Chase - Platinum Visa Card:

I had a Chase credit card for a very long time. I was never late or never went over the limit. Recently I was charged a late fee for paying my credit card bill too early. I had some extra money, so I paid my bill. When I went online to check my payments and charges, there wa a late fee added on. I called to check this out and have it removed. I was told I paid my bill 4 days too early and it could not be counted as my payment for that month. I was charged a $39.00 late fee and my interest rate tripled. Needless to say I canceled the card as Chase refused to apply my "early payment" for that months bill.

Under No Circumstances EVER Be Late!

from Cincinnati, OH

Comments about Chase - Platinum Visa Card:

I do most of my banking online and had two Chase cards.  I paid them both at the same time and was careful to have paid each one but both payments were credited to the same account.  This meant one account got no payment, which I did not discover until it was past due.  The interest jumped to 29%!  That, in turn, caused me to also be over the credit limit.  They charged me big time fees for both late and over the limit!  After a 30 minute call and some investigating they took off the fees and were supposed to reverse the interest rate but did not.  After another fruitless call and sending a letter requesting the return of the prior rate I just cancelled the card and transferred the balance.  Not worth the headache!

Excellent service-willing to work with you

from Milwaukee, WI

Comments about Chase - Platinum Visa Card:

I have had my Chase card since 1991. We are usually on time with our payments. The few times that we were late, they waived the late fee when we called. One time, we had a low rate until it was paid in full. I was late. They not only waived the late fee, but our low rate was not raised.

Hits you with high interest rates 4 no reason!

from East Alton, IL

Comments about Chase - Platinum Visa Card:

Chase Bank took over MBNB credit cards. Interest rates are higher than a pawn shop. 25.99%. You don't have to have missed a pament, paid late, or anthing else to go from 9.9% to this rate. They send out a notice that you can't even understand or read...then POW you're hit with high interest rates. Unwilling to work with consumers to lower rates, too. I do NOT recommend getting a card from them. Horrible to work with.

Chase Platinum visa has been a great credit card.

from Culver City, CA

Comments about Chase - Platinum Visa Card:

This company has provided me with a descent interest rate and I've had no problem with billing since I've been using the card!  In the past, I've had trouble with other credit companies billing me for late payment charges when I had actually paid the bill on time.  I've had this credit card for several years and never once has that happened.  I actually have 3 credit cards from Chase and have had no problem with any of them.  The only thing I would complain about is I wish they would lower my interest a bit as I have very good credit.  Someone tried to use my credit card number previously over the internet as I was contacted by Chase immediately and that purchase never went through...that saved me a big headache.  I would definitely reccomend this company to anyone in need of a credit card as they have been pretty good to me and the customer service has been excellent and overall they're a good solid company.