Other Lip Cares:
Carmex

Pros

Cons

Simple but very effective. I love the Carmex tingle!

**Quick View**

**Carmex **is a good healing lip balm with a tingle that I love. It helps keep my lips soft and smooth and heals chapped lips...Read complete review

**Quick View**

**Carmex **is a good healing lip balm with a tingle that I love. It helps keep my lips soft and smooth and heals chapped lips overnight.

**Full View**

Carmex is a golden balm that has a menthol scent and tingles on the lips, almost like lip plumper. It isn't fancy nor tasty but it heals my sore, dry lips and, if I they are chapped or cracked and windburned, one thick coat at night heals my lips by morning. This is also good for cold sores.

This product comes in a .5 ounce tub which I usually use, a .25 ounce tub, a tube and a stick. For the **Carmex **crazy, they are 4 and 8 ounce tubs as well. THAT's a lot of Carmex! They are now introducing flavored Carmex sticks. I personally prefer the tub version because the balm is thicker and waxier and will stay in my lips longer then the tube or stick version.

This has a medicinal scent but it isn't overwhelming or daunting. I like the smell of Vicks and this is somewhat like that only more subtle so it stands to reason I would like this scent. The balm is thick and smoothes on lips forming a barrier against damage while healing at the same time,

I use **Carmex **at night mostly. Sometimes I wear it during the day at home but it isn't my choice for a going out of the house balm. It's therapy for the lips, not a gloss or a lip shine.

**My Viewpoint**

Inexpensive and simple, **Carmex** has been making my lips soft, supple, and moist for years. It coats well and lasts a long time on my lips. I like the tingle I get from Carmex and the cool feeling on my lips when I use it.

I will always have a tub or two around, along with my other balms, and will always reach for **Carmex** when my lips are in desperate need of a quick fix.

***Love it and give it 4 stars.***

1 off because there isn't any sunscreen in it even though I rarely wear the stuff outdoors.

Carmex Balm is OK

When having out of town guest in the summer, I try to prepare a welcome basket for my guest.  I traditionally find products that I like and would find useful for my guest to use while here in the desert.  I traditionally purchase and water bottle, lip balm, sun screen and other much needed items for their visit.  After looking at a few options for lip balm, I selected Carmex to be included in all my summer baskets.  I find the scent to be subtle and not horrendous. The ease of application is great for any size finger. The only concern I've had is if the top is not applied properly it will melt in the hot Arizona sun and ruin your clothes or purse.  The size of the product is a little too small and may get lost easily in the bottom of a bag but for the most part the packaging size is ideal.  This is one item that can't be shared but inexpensive enough to have a second to give if you have someone that constantly asks.  The option of multiple scents is appealing.

Relief with a pleasant tingle

from Phoenix, AZ

Comments about Carmex Original Jar:

This is a long lasting product for which a little goes a long way, and it gives me instant relief from cold sore pain and splits in the lip from chapping or dryness. The sensation I really like is that the texture gives an instant protective cover and it tingles and cools the area and eases pain.

The original.

Comments about Carmex Original Jar:

This was the very first type of Carmex that I had when I was growing up. The jar with the metal lid didn't fit quite so well in my pocket, and you had to put your finger in it to get some out. It didn't seem like it lasted long. I was just happy to see they came out with something different.

Comments about Carmex Original Jar:

Wow. This stuff really takes me back to childhood. I used to use this on my chapped lips year round. It works wonders. I really liked the scent and how smooth it felt on my lips. I was not a big fan of the jar, however. It might have been okay for a person with constantly clean hands who never shared with anyone. But I was always touching my desk, doorknobs, etc. that other people had touched then I was dunking my finger in this stuff! The germs don't just disappear. They stay there then get transferred right to your mouth the next time you use it. I would never share this product, now that I'm older. It's just gross. I also didn't like how the product got underneath my fingernails as I was digging in there. I love Carmex brand and their products but I'm definitely glad they upgraded from this icky jar to the tube. I wouldn't recommend the jar type to children or people who are likely to share without much thought.

Busy day. . .

Comments about Carmex Original Jar:

Once again, I love Carmex! This product is the carmex greatness Chapstick but in a nice sturdy round canister. This product is perfect if you love Carmex but have issues with the tube. It won't puncture, it protects the product from melting and his fits in your pocket or any other place one wishes to keep it!

Great healing lip balm, gets rid of cracks and dryness fast.

Comments about Carmex Original Jar:

Carmex is the only lip balm I will use when I have dry, cracked lips. While others provide temporary moisture on application, Carmex heals. I have a tendency to get incredibly dry lips, to the point of very painful cracks. It never takes more than a few days for the cracks to disappear. Plus, this jar of lip balm lasts for a very long time. This is always my lip balm of choice!

I don't understand how people like this!

from Guilford, CT

Comments about Carmex Original Jar:

Living in the Northeast we face harsh winds and cold winters. Lip balms and chap-sticks are essentials in my opinion. I honestly think Carmex original jar lip balm is the most disgusting lip balm there is! It just makes your lips feel greasy and all the chemicals in the product only cause your lips to actually get more chapped when the Carmex wears off. I also think that the product design of this pot is awful. I don't want my finger digging into a pot of greasy chemicals and then having to slather it on on my lips? No thanks. I think people like this product, simply because it is cheap. I say spend a little more and buy a better product on something your going to be putting on your mouth.

Great for Chapped Lips

from Montgomery City, MO

Comments about Carmex Original Jar:

This is a really good unisex product.  Used by both men and women, my son can't live without it.  Very in-expensive and works great on chapped lips.  However, it does have the menthol smell and waxy feel.  I wish it would last longer on the lips, but is great relief when you feel a cold sore coming on.  This is a must have, portable, quick fix product.

Chapstick can't compete with this stuff!

from Du Bois, PA

Comments about Carmex Original Jar:

You can not a better chapstick! Its truely the best and I have tried them all...for real. It heals up my lips....gives a silky glow and never feels waxy to me! I prefer the ez-on applicator....you know the standard "chapstick style" but I never leave home with out it....its a staple in my beauty routine...I even put it on every night before bed so I wake up with soft wonderful lips!

Perfection!

from Athens, GA

Comments about Carmex Original Jar:

I have a a problem with severely chapped, dry and peeling lips. I have tried literally every product out there. Carmex is the ONLY thing that helps. And not only does it help, but it's a cure! As long as I use it my lips are soft and moist and don't peel. My favorite is the original formula in a tube. I also like the vanilla flavor in a tube. I love the stuff!!! It's perfection!

Great classic product

from Falls City, OR

Comments about Carmex Original Jar:

I've been caring around a faithful jar of carmex since I was a young girl and I just love the stuff. It soothes my dry lips, it comforts them when they are sunburned, and the tingle it leaves always brings a smile to my face. For around 1.00 you get an extraordinary amount of product, I have no complaints.