Other Credit Cards:

Capital One - No Hassle Cash Rewards MasterCard

Pros

Cons

• Available Rates:

Capitalone no hassle rewards are no hassle.

The capitalone no hassle rewards card is one of the better ones we have found for rewards. We have a capitalone no hassle reward master card.  We like it very much.  We use it for almost everything.  We get points for each dollar we spend.  We get 5 points for each dollar spent at grocery stores and gas stations.  This way the points add up very quickly.  I buy any airlines ticket I want and capitalone reimburses me the price of the ticket as soon as it appears on my statement.  The only negative thing is, it takes 80 times the price of the ticket in points but at 5 points per dollar the points add up fast.  We always pay off our card each month so it is like getting free tickets without having to worry about black out dates or special times that we are required to take with other airline's cards.

benefits not as promised

I signed up for the capital one no hassle cash rewards credit card because I wanted to get something back for my good credit practices. I used the card frequently and set up automatic payments to accrue a faster reward. After a few months I called capital one to see how many points I had accrued towards a reward and asked if they could send me a catalog so I could redeem the points. I was informed that I had not accrued any points at all as I had never enrolled. I was absolutely livid when I found out that I had to enroll. By my calculations I should have had about 5500 rewards points or miles and now I had zero! I informed the agent that I had no idea about enrolling as no one had ever mentioned it to me. He stated that to enroll ucwould have to go online to a different site to track and redeem my points. He also refused to award me any of the points that I should have accrued had I known about enrolling my card.
1 the biggest hassle I had which is contradictory to their title of the card was having to enroll in a program that the card should have had initially. I have had other credit cards that offered rewards and not once did I ever have to enroll the card into a program it was already there.
2 the website that you have to enroll on is a separate website from the login website where you look at your account activity, see statements from different periods of time and where you would make payments.
Capital One should link these sites at very least and you should be enrolled in the rewards program as soon as you activate the card.

Customer Service
Capital one's customer service has never really been anything to write home about. I have had several products with capital one and any phone call I made left me disappointed, required a follow up phone call or needed to be escalating to a manager. The lack of empathy the representative had when I called inquiring about my points was appalling.

Available Rates
A lot of the rates available are very good compared to major credit card company's rates which was a draw. The rates are significantly higher though than local credit unions - most credit union cards don't offer rewards though which to some may not be beneficial.

I love Capital One services

from Dearborn, Michigan

Comments about Capital One - No Hassle Cash Rewards MasterCard:

Capital One has Credit wise service that monitors and tracks your credit FICO score for free. The benefit is very generous and beneficial to keep a close look on your credit score. The simulation and the information included are invaluable. Thanks Capital One.

Above average service

from Oklahoma

Comments about Capital One - No Hassle Cash Rewards MasterCard:

They are good about identifying possible fraud and fixing problems. They are sympathetic if you have a problem and their website is easy to use.

I love this card

from Ocala, Florida

Comments about Capital One - No Hassle Cash Rewards MasterCard:

I have had my Capital One credit card since I was 19 years old. I originally started with the basic credit card that received no awards like cash back. The company was very nice to me and offered me a credit card with little balance at the time. It has since been ten years and a lot has changed with my card in a good way! Five years ago, since I have been a loyal customer, I was offered the opportunity to upgrade my card with no cost or increases in rates at all. I was given the opportunity to either choose between upgrading my card to a cash back card or one that received miles with each purchase. I chose the card that received cash back and have had this card the past five years. My interest rate did not increase, my annual fee did not increase, and I was not the person that inquired about a change in my card. I just thought it was awesome that the company themselves offered to upgrade my card for me. I was allowed to keep the design I had recently had on my previous card and my new card wait mailed to me that week. I receive a good amount of cash back each month and I do not have to wait until a minimum amount to use it. I can use the cash to go towards my balance on my card, choose to receive a check in the mail, or choose to receive a gift card of my choice. I love having these options available and love that I get money back for thing I normally purchase with my card anyhow. I also love the fact that their customer service is amazing. I have never had a problem getting a hold of anyone working for this company. I don't have to wait on the phone too long and everyone I speak to is very pleasant. Recently, I received an email from Capital One stating that my new card was shipped in the mail and was to be at my house shortly. I didn't order a new card and panicked that my account had been hacked or someone stole my identity. It was very late at night and I didn't feel like calling and waiting-even if it isn't that long. So I logged onto their website and opened u

• I am an employee or otherwise affiliated with the brand

So excited about this card

from TX

Comments about Capital One - No Hassle Cash Rewards MasterCard:

I have had horrible credit for most of my adult life and I finally decided to do something about it. I received my Capital One MasterCard about six months ago and I've loved every minute of it. Within the first month of using the card, my credit score shot up by nearly a hundred points. The next month it went up again and again. After six months of making all my payments on time, my credit limit will be increased and my credit score should see another dramatic increase. I'm so thrilled that finally my credit score is now the highest it has ever been. I never had a problem paying my bills, I just never could get approved for a credit card because of a lack of credit. This offer allows individuals like myself to get started on the right foot. After speaking to several members of my family and friends, it was highly recommended that I choose this company and I'm glad I listened to them. I would recommend this product to anyone. So far the customer service is great, interest rates are reasonable, and making payments and using the card has been incredibly easy. My absolute favorite feature about this card is the benefit customers get with Credit Tracker. With this program, I'm able to view alerts to my credit and see how my credit score has changed with recent transactions. I have since received more than half a dozen other credit card offers in the mail, but I'm satisfied with the service I've received and do not need another credit card at this time. Capital One really does makes the process hassle free and I feel that their services are tailored to meet all of my needs. Three of my family members have experienced similar benefits since registering for a credit card and I plan to get my husband a card to help clean up his credit. This credit card is not a secured card like other credit rebuilding companies offer. This card automatically offered me an unsecured credit line when other companies were not willing to work with me.

Love, Love, Love

from TX

Comments about Capital One - No Hassle Cash Rewards MasterCard:

I admit that I HAD horrible credit and received an offer in the mail for a Capital One MasterCard. I immediately started receiving rewards, such as credit score tracking and credit alerts. Within two weeks of using my card, my credit score jumped almost a hundred points and after paying my first bill, it jumped again. The great thing about this card is that they start you off at a reasonable credit line and after six months of making payments on time, the credit line is extended. One of my favorite features about this card is that I can log on to my online account to view all my purchases, transactions, available balance, payment due date, etc. So far, I've been able to use this card at all merchants that I normally shop with and I was able to pick out my card design when I registered my card. I have no complaints, the customer service is amazing as well and this is the best credit card I have ever had. After many family members and friends recommended this card as the only credit card I should ever have, I would definitely recommend to others, especially for people with bad or no credit, or for those who wish to improve their credit score. Within the next six months, I've been told to expect my credit score to be the highest it has ever been and I have since received many other credit card offers in the mail, although I plan to stick only with the Capital One Master Card. In my opinion, this is a safe and convenient company to deal with and I like the way they have treated me as a customer.

Great Card

Comments about Capital One - No Hassle Cash Rewards MasterCard:

I love the protection we have with Capital One. If there is suspicious activity on our card, the call us immediately. We contact them when we travel so they know what to expect. We have had our card put on hold but it was easy to have it reactivated. We have had our card number compromised and they were wonderful to work with. All this, and we get points towards travel discounts, I couldn't ask for more.

I have a Capital One No Hassle Cash Rewards MasterCard.

from Muskegon, MI

Comments about Capital One - No Hassle Cash Rewards MasterCard:

I have enjoyed the benefits of a Capital One No Hassle Cash Rewards MasterCard for a couple of years, now. This is a good card for the purchases of almost anything. You receive Cash Back on all your purchases and the amount of your Cash Back is on your monthly statements. You have the option of how you would like to receive your Cash Back. Also, you do not have to earn a certain amount before you can receive your Cash Back Earnings, which is great. This is better than most Credit Cards that has CashBack Earnings, because you may be required to earn a certain amount of Cash before you can receive your CashBack Earnings. There are no expirations or caps on the amount of money you can earn, either. This card does have Maintenance Fees, such as Annual, Over-the-Limit, and Late Payment, as most Credit Cards have. The APR is relative to other Charge Cards. With this card you can have earn a relative amount of Cashback for your use or for making your monthly payments.

Customer Service
I've always had fantastic Customer Service, for whatever it might have involved.

Available Rates
Capital One rates are in comparison with other Credit Card companies.

Flexible Card, Decent Customer Service, Somewhat Low Rewards

Comments about Capital One - No Hassle Cash Rewards MasterCard:

I've been a Capital One customer for several years and I'm generally pleased with the card and customer service. The initial card offer wasn't particularly attractive (standard no-interest for one year) but the process was easy and the contract was clear. The fees for the card are reasonable although there are better offers out there in terms of no-fee, low-interest cards. While Capital One does have a flexible rewards (cash back on all purchases that can be redeemed at any time), it isn't unique among cards because there are other companies that offer similar rewards. I think this card is suitable for people who are trying to build their credit without having to use a secured card which requires a deposit. I've heard that it's fairly easy to obtain a Capital One card and that may be the reason why the card has relatively limited benefits. Customer service is polite and resourceful and they work proactively to resolve problems. Additionally, the rewards are very easy to redeem, although I see some ambiguity in the "purchase eraser" vs "account credit" programs.

Good 1st card

Comments about Capital One - No Hassle Cash Rewards MasterCard:

I needed to build my credit and I had a really hard time finding a credit card, but I was able to get this one. I started with a really low limit, but it has gone up every year. The rewards are nice because it's cash rewards and you can use it whenever and however you want it. The only thing I don't like and the reason my raiting isn't higher is that ever since I got it, capital one has sent me a new credit card offer in the mail almost every single day and sometimes I'll get like 2 or 3 of the same exact thing at once, plus emails. I'm sure there's a way I can be taken off of their mailing list but I haven't figured it out yet. I don't mind an offer every once in a while but capital one is going waaaay overboard.

Customer Service
I haven't really dealt much with them besides paying my bill online but they do have a nice chat feature where you can talk to a representative on their website instantly if you have a question. I used that once.

great and Dependable

Comments about Capital One - No Hassle Cash Rewards MasterCard:

We got our first credit card about a year ago now. Capital One No Hassle has been great for us and we have not experienced any problems yet. We have not necessarily used their cash rewards quite yet because we have not been able to earn enough points so far. We have gradually been using the card on small items; but we will increase what we spend when we build up enough trust with Capital One. It's a great way to improve your credit score. That is a main reason why we chose this credit card company. We have never had a problem with our monthly bill. The company has not tried to charge us extra fees for services. We make sure we may off our credit card every month, so thus far, we have not had any issues with the company. I have had friends who have had issues with Capital One. They have complained of overdraft fees and problems with closing accounts. So far the company has bee great with us.