Other All-In-One Printers:

Pros

Cons

Good Basic Light Duty Printer

Comments about Canon PIXMA Photo All-in-One Inkjet Printer MP280:

This printer is a great printer for light duty printing. We use it for homeschool and need to print about 20-40 pages a week and it prints them without jamming or giving error messages. We print with wifi most of the time and it works great. I would have given this printer a 10 rating, but gave it a 9 because it is noisy. That doesn't bother us as long as we get good copies. But the noise may bother some people. Also, not the fastest printer, it takes its time.

Performs very well. When you send a print job to this printer, you know it will print without jamming and without error messages. The pages are clear and crisp and easy to read.

Copy Quality
Good copy quality. Clear, crisp and easy to read. I go into preferences every time and choose black ink and draft quality (to save on ink) and the quality is still great.

Ink/Paper Use
If you use the 210xl (black cartridge with extended life) and the 211xl (color cartridge with extended life), you get a decent amount of copies. I don't use the regular cartridges. They seem to use up the ink too fast - no matter what printer you use.

This printer is very easy to use. The paper loads quickly, easily and accurately. No need to try to see if it is straight. The paper guides work well. Also, changing the cartridges is also easy. You just have to lift the top lip and the cartridge assembly will shift to the middle of the printer. The old cartridges just snap out and the new ones snap in.

I have had this printer 1 1/2 years and it is very durable. My kids (age 15 and 17) use it (but don't abuse it) and I use it. It performs as well as it did when I bought it.

Good design. Easy to load paper. Easy to change ink cartridges. (See Above).

• Ink/Paper Use:

A great all around printer.

Comments about Canon PIXMA Photo All-in-One Inkjet Printer MP280:

I've had mine for over a year and love it. Scanning and printing are very easy with this printer

It does what it is supposed to do plain and simple.

Copy Quality
The copies are beautiful. I print flyers and advertising materials for my business and they look extremely professional. I am very pleased with the copy quality.

Ink/Paper Use
The paper doesn't jam which is so important. The ink isn't overly expensive and lasts a long time as well. I do a lot of printing and use it daily. I only have to replace the ink cartridges about every three or four months.

There is nothing complicated or overly technical about this printer which is very important to me. You can quickly just scan and/or print when you are in a hurry.

I have had mine for over a year and it still works beautifully. I use it daily and have not had any issues at all with this printer.

The design makes it easy to use The spacing is very user friendly and doesn't cause issues. The ink is very easy to change as well.

• Ink/Paper Use:

May not be the worst printer but it certaintly isn't the best!

Comments about Canon PIXMA Photo All-in-One Inkjet Printer MP280:

I got this same printer 3 times. First time I bought this printer it continuously would get paper jams. I thought it may be just a printer that was handled wrong so I exchanged it for another one and the same thing happened. After I got the paper jam out of the printer it would print blurry. So I took it back and got my money back but I needed a printer to type an essay so I went to a different store. Still thinking it could be the handling, I gave it another chance. Not to mention I already downloaded this program to my computer which is slow enough. Bad mistake. I got the 3rd one and had more problems with it than the other too. This printer had paper jams and started printing blurry too. On top of this, I could not get it to scan correctly. And to top it all off the place to load the paper broke off when I tried to close the computer up. Very poorly made and designed. Not durable at all and did not meet my expectations at all.

Ink/Paper Use
The ink ran up really fast!

I could not get the scanning to work well at all.

It broke shortly after I got it.

• Ink/Paper Use:

This is a great printer for moderate home use.

from Morristown, TN

Comments about Canon PIXMA Photo All-in-One Inkjet Printer MP280:

This is a great all in one printer for light photo and moderate to heavy document use.

I've never had a paper jam or any kind of performance issues with this printer. The only real negative is that it is a little loud. I use it for printing mostly black and white documents but have printed a few photos, which turned out great.

Copy Quality
The quality for all types of printing has been excellent.

Ink/Paper Use
This printer does tend to suck down the ink a bit, even on the "low quality" settings, but it's not nearly as bad as some other printers I've used.

Very few buttons, and the user interface on-screen is easy to use.

So far, I've had no problems with durability, and I've been using this printer pretty heavily for about 6 months.

• Ink/Paper Use:

Not Canon's best but a good printer for the price

from Pickens, SC

Comments about Canon PIXMA Photo All-in-One Inkjet Printer MP280:

I've used Canon printers for years and usually love them. This one is good but not great. Ink usage seems a bit high and some of the functions I previously had (auto duplex, second paper tray) are missing. Still, a good printer for the price.

Ink/Paper Use
printer was using a lot of ink, so I put the quality setting to draft mode to save ink

my last Canon had auto duplex printing - this one is manual

Canon PIXMA MP280 Inkjet Photo All-In-One

Comments about Canon PIXMA Photo All-in-One Inkjet Printer MP280:

In my opnion, this is one of the best printers out there for the price. One drawback is that there is no USB cable included and this is necessary for the printer to hook up to your computer. Luckily, I had one on hand, so no problem but I don't know how many people have those hanging around. The set up was easy. I am not techno-savy and I didn't have any problems, which tells me that most anyone can do it. This is an excellent choice for home users. Since ink can be expensive, I like it that I have the option with this printer to select to print in only black and white if I so desire. I would not recommend this if you are buying it to primarily print photos. If that is your purpose, I would recommend moving up to a higher quality Canon.