4.8

Cons

Works great for me

from San Antonio, TX

Comments about Brother Sewing Machine:

I was a novice sewer when I received my Brother sewing machine as a Christmas gift from my husband, but the machine is pretty intuitive to use. With a brief read-through of the instruction manual, I was easily able to figure out how to fill a bobbin and thread the upper and lower parts of the machine. The bobbin is easy to load, and I was surprised when I saw the machine does not require a bobbin casing; rather, it has one that is just built in with little diagrams showing where the thread is supposed to wind.

Stitch Performance
There have been a couple times that my tension has gone all wonky, and no amount of playing with the tension dial could fix it. Eventually, I discovered that if I turned off the machine and rethreaded the whole thing, it sorted the problem out on its own.

I found the machine easy and intuitive to use, even as someone who has never owned a sewing machine before.

Fabric Handling
I have sewed 3 layers of fleece and binding onto a quilt without any problems.

• Versatility:

This is a Great sewing machine

from Albuquerque, NM

Comments about Brother Sewing Machine:

I own several different types of sewing machines but this Brother is one of my favorite. It is a little difficult to learn how to use the different features like the digital stitch lengths, but this feature is a great time saver. The push button on/off control and the speed control make it easy to turn on and to set the speed to slow or fast which leaves your hands free to control the fabric. The push button to lower the needle is also very helpful. The auto threader on this machine works great. The machine comes with lots of fancy stitches and several optional sewing feet that are quick to change as they just pop on and pop off. This machine also has a number of optional feet attachments you can buy that are reasonably priced. The bobbin is very simple to wind and easy to put into the machine. I really recommend this machine for both beginning and seasoned sewers.

• Versatility:

Best sewing machine I have yet used

Comments about Brother Sewing Machine:

I appreciate the reliability of this machine because my other ones have upset me by their performance. This machine was very easy to set up and is also very quiet while operating. The main problem I have with this is that the foot control is a bit flimsy and is too light, which makes it move around when I don't want it to. The performance measures up to the price of the machine. Other than the foot control, the rest of the machine is very sturdy. I use it for thin materials such as curtains to thick materials such as purses and it works great for both. The dials are easy to set and read. It is also easy to operate. This machine can do everything stated in the description of the product. Although I am not an expert in sewing, this machine gets my needs done well. As of right now, I had no issues using the machine and hope it continues to work well. I would recommend this to family and friends.

• Versatility:

Great beginners sewing machine!

from Pearl, MS

Comments about Brother Sewing Machine:

This sewing machine is a great, simple and easy to use machine. It would be wonderful for someone who is a beginner to sewing, but with enough extras for an old pro. I use this sewing machine primarily for sewing pillows, stockings, hemming things, and even costumes. It comes with a booklet and is pretty easy to get started with. I've never had any problems with the machine and I've had it for about a year. Make sure you take care of it by keeping it free of dust and debris with the cover.

Stitch Performance
It has so many different stitches you can use. It's very easy to go through each one through the computerized menu.

Great for beginners. Very easy to use if your starting out, but it's great for old pros too.

Fabric Handling
I've only had a couple times where it bunched the fabric, but overall it's worked great on everything from t shirt fabric to tulle.

Versatility
Not the most versatile. You would need a heavy duty sewing machine to sew things like jeans.

I love the sleek design of the machine and the size. Not too big and not too small.

I've had it for a year or so and it's held up great.