View more all in one printers

3.3

3.3

Brother MFC-7820N jams ALL THE TIME

from Albuquerque, NM

Comments about Brother All-in-one All in One Laser Printer:

I had looked at a Brother printer without a scanner/fax a while back when my mom was looking to buy a laser printer.  We decided against the Brother printer because the axilliary paper feed looked like it would jam all the time.  We use the auxilliary feed all the time to print shipping lables.  A little while later my company bought me a MFC-7820N printer so I could work from home.  The MFC-7820N has the same aulilliary feed as the one my mom and I looked at.  My suspicions about the feed were correct.  When it doesn't jam, it prints crooked.  I had to resort to loading labels into the regular paper tray.

I started having jamming problems with the regular paper tray the first time I changed the toner cartridge.  I thought it might be because I didn't change the drum too.  So, I changed the drum but it didnt clear up the problem.  The printer jams probably 50% of the time.  When I ran out of toner I decided to change back to my approx 10 year old HP LaserJet 5.  This printer takes anything.  I could give it paper rejected by the Brother and it would print with no problem at all.  I do not recommend the Brother MFC-7820N at all.  Although its fax to computer option (instead of printing) was kind of cool.

Great Printer Overall

from Tampa, FL

Comments about Brother All-in-one All in One Laser Printer:

This is my first Brother.  I am loving the brand so far.  I got the idea to check it out when every office I work at, had a Brother printer.  It was on sale at Best Buy.  My previous printers Lexmark, HP,  and Dell always had issues.  Some compatibility and others too slow or used way too much ink.  Or the ink was just too darn expensive!  The Brother 7820N faxes, copies and scans and does not was or use a ton of ink!  The price of toner and such is reasonable.  Another big seller for this item is that it is MAC compatible.  I am a real estate agent you likes her MAC.  I have a desktop PC for work because I cannot look up listing using a MAC currently.  I just also found that a good amount of printers do not have dual compatibility.  If you are look for a solid, reasonably priced and easy to upkeep printer...well get this one.

Great all-in-one printer, fax, copier, scanner.

from Providence, UT

Comments about Brother All-in-one All in One Laser Printer:

We have been extremely satisfied with our Brother all-in-one MFC 7820n.  We originally bought it because it had decent reviews and there was a great deal on a refurbished one from Brother.  When it arrive, I pluged it in, set it up, and printed a test page . . . no luck, it didn't work.  I proceded to call Brother customer service, prepared to wait on the phone forever but was extremely impressed.  I immediately was speaking with a customer service representative, ran a 5 second diagnostic, per her instruction, and heard her say "We're sending you a new one, it will be there tomorrow."  Done and done.  It arrived the next day and the rest is history.  We have not had a problem since.  While some people might be upset about buying a faulty product, I understand that sometimes things happen.  As long as people/companies make it right, I don't hold a grudge.  The printer has been fantastic ever since.  The print quality is great.  Same for fax, copying, and scanning.  I would not recommend this for a full on business application, but for home computing or small, independent businesses, it might be a great option.