Other All-In-One Printers:
Brother
MFC-7840W
Brother All-In-One Laser Printer

Brother All-In-One Laser Printer

Brother printers are the best!

from Chicago, IL

Comments about Brother All-In-One Laser Printer:

I love my Brother All-In-One printer. It is a great laser printer and wonderful scanner.

It is quick to respond, prints exceptionally well and scans with precision.

Copy Quality
Copies always come out clear and perfect.

Ink/Paper Use
I have owned this for almost 2 years and still haven't had to change the toner. It is very efficient in it's toner use and uses different kinds of paper with ease.

The only issues I have had is setting up the wireless to connect to my home network. That is a bit a challenge, but everything else is a breeze to use. After you set up your scanning software on your computer, scanning is very simple.

Seems great so far. Handled 2 moves with ease.

Nice sleek, compact design for what all is included.

• Copy Quality:
  • Ink/Paper Use:

Easy to Use

from Chicago, IL

Comments about Brother All-In-One Laser Printer:

My husband did all the researching when it came to buying our new printer. I am a bit technologically challenged so I figured I would not use it much - I was wrong - I love it and it is so easy to use! I have no problem making copies, scanning documents, printing pages or even "duplexing". It really does so many things (I'm sure some of which I have not even yet discovered). The Brother MFC-784W All-In-One Laser Printer was also very affordable. The copies are very professional looking and the paper never jams. We have had the printer several months and we still have plenty of toner left. My husband said this product often goes on sale so watch the ads for deals if you are ready to buy. This is a great choice for a home printer!

Great Printer

from Memphis, TN

Comments about Brother All-In-One Laser Printer:

I replaced my Brother MFC 7420 with this MFC-7840W and am very happy with the upgrade. It does everything I need and is small and quiet in my small office. It has a straight paper passthrough for envelope, which works great. This printer is extremely quick and works well. I love the wireless feature so that I can print from anywhere in the house without plugging my computer in. It works well for double sided printing as well. It's quite large for a home printer but it's so quick that it makes up for it. The ink seems to last forever and I have only had to change it once in the past two years. Faxing is also easy to use and even though I've never used a fax machine before I had no problems using it. The scanner works great for scanning doucuments, pictures and other important things you want to scan. The only con to this printer is that it sort large for home use, but it still is a good printer. Overall this is a great printer because it is quick, efficient to use and its wireless.

This Brother printer is perfect

from Madison, AL

Comments about Brother All-In-One Laser Printer:

Before purchasing this printer, my husband and I did a lot of research, reading reviews from consumers and consumer reports/magazines, etc. This printer received rave reviews everywhere (with an occasional angry review)  Let me save you some time: this printer is amazing and deserving of the praise it has received.

Print quality is clear and professional, even the toner save mode print quality is great. We just ordered & put in a replacement toner cartridge, the first cartridge printed hundreds of pages! I want to say between 800-1000, but that's an estimate. The printer has paid for itself already just through my printing of coupons.

If you are looking for a reliable, consistent black and white printer/scanner/copier, this is it. Scans documents quickly and clearly and will convert to pdf format, a feature we love. Not the quietest thing in the world, but its a printer so pretty standard amt. of noise. Honestly have not used the fax mode, but have no doubt that it would function smoothly and without issue, as this machine does with all of its other functions.

It does have one quirk, it will say it is low on toner long before it actually is. The only way we knew about this was from reviews we read before buying the printer, so I thought I would note that for any future owners. You have to cover the window with opaque dark paper or coloring with a Sharpie (we used a half post it w/ tape) and then the printer will continue to print hundreds of more pages before actually starting to run low on toner/ink. I don't even consider this a "con" really, as its quickly and easily fixed.

Amazing machine with many features for price. I am a long time HP LaserJet user, so was a little skeptical of a multifunction machine and the Brother brand(just unfamiliar with really), but I must say when it comes time to buy another printer I will probably look for this same brand and model! (if this printer ever dies, that is!)

I'm in love with this printer!

from Arvada, CO

Comments about Brother All-In-One Laser Printer:

The Brother MFC-7840W is a totally awesome printer! My husband bought it on sale, and we have been totally happy with it.

This printer is truly multi functional. It has a paper feed on top to load sheets in that you wish to copy, or you can use the copy screen like a standard photo copier. I've successfully photocopied letters, ID, passports, and other important papers, and they come out great. You can adjust the dark/light level depending on what you need.

The photocopy screen also doubles as a scanner. I've had no trouble scanning anything and easily being able to pull it up on my computer and attach it to emails or other things needed.

Installing the driver software on the computer is really easy, and the Brother MFC 7840W works well with wireless. We leave it in another room and print to it with ease.

Paper is easy to load, and I haven't had a single page jam in all the packs of paper I've gone through.

It doesn't take terribly long for the printer to start saying that the ink is low, and if you believe this, you'll spend a fortune on ink!

However, I simply put electrical tape over the 'windows' on the toner, and the printer has printed and printed and printed since! Do this and you'll stretch your toner. I've been printing coupons and other things every day for months and the toner is still going.

I'm in love because it prints consistently without jams or issues, offers me scanning, faxing and copying, and I can stretch the toner for ever, a lot cheaper than inkjet printers!

Great A-I-O printer!

from Los Angeles, CA

Comments about Brother All-In-One Laser Printer:

I got this printer a couple of years ago and athough I don't print on a day-to day basis, I have yet to replace the toner/ink.  Amazing quality printing and pretty fast as well.  You can load the paper individually by feeding it in or from the paper tray.  Can program the fax with numbers used frequently, scan documents, and copy.  I had a couple of gliches (error message when trying to print...that was due to paper being stuck inside the printer and time sometimes adjusting or resetting). All in all, I'm very satisfied with this purchase.