3.8
810-5290-4
Brinkmann Smoke 'N Grill Electric Smoker & Grill 810-5290-C

Brinkmann Smoke 'N Grill Electric Smoker & Grill 810-5290-C

3.8

Makes wonderful smoked meat and cheese.

I love this product. I have used a cold and hot smoke to cook everything from meat to cheeses.  The flavor can be changed by using different flavored chips. I have also found that the flavor is more intense if the chips are soaked overnight.  This is a perfect sized smoker for my family.  We have had it for over 5 years, and still use it 2-4 times a month.  Parts are easy to get if and when you might need replacements.  The price is right for how much we use this product.  I have also gotten this product for gifts, and it is well received.

Charcoal goes out fast, hard to keep it up to temperature

I just bought this smoke n' grill at home depot. Second time we used it. The first time we smoked our ribs for five hours and had a hard time keeping the temperature past 180 because the charcoal kept dying. The apple wood chips would smoke. I checked for oxgyen, did a second batch of coals and I couldn't get it to the mid point of IDEAL temperature. I just need it hotter.Today I am doing it again, and still having the same problems. I am going to try half the water, Already am making my third batch of coals and it has only been 1.5 hours. Also when I dumped it the charcoal after we were done they still had some black on it.Trust me I want this to work. If any one has any ideas on how to have the charcoal stay hotter and longer I would appreciate it.

It has the best smelling aroma when smoking the food.

from Panama City, FL

Comments about Brinkmann Smoke 'N Grill Electric Smoker & Grill 810-5290-C:

This grill is the best to use if you like the taste and smell of smoked food.  I prefer hickory.  It has two levels of racks whick comes in handy whether you have alot or just alittle food to cook.  Since it is a smokers grill the aroma is so appetizing.  It really gets you in the mood for food just by the smell.  Only thing is that the heat isn't distributed evenly so it takes some food longer to cook than others.

Brinkman Smoke 'N Grill

from Maxton, NC

Comments about Brinkmann Smoke 'N Grill Electric Smoker & Grill 810-5290-C:

This is the best grill I have ever had. It gives food that good smoked flavor. Great for hams. You just have to make sure you get your charchol right, and it will never fell you. When I cook hams or or turkeys I will get another batch of charcol ready in a pan to the side and when the old charchol goes out i put the new hot ones in. You can cook all day with it. I love it.

Brinkmann electtric barbq and grill works best

from Fenton, MO

Comments about Brinkmann Smoke 'N Grill Electric Smoker & Grill 810-5290-C:

I am on my 3rd smoking grill, first 2 were also brinkmann smkoke and grill smokers.

They use wood for the smoke, plus has the stones, I use a smoker box for the wood, as I ofund out on my first that using wet wood direct on the electric element does not work so good. and the replacement elements were hard to find,.

I purchased this one 2 years ago, and have had NO problems, Using as a grill,or water smoker,  it works great. Even a big turkey cooks well, just have to add more wood to keep it going, BUT with the electric element itis better than the first charcoal one i had.

Ease of adding woor chips by the small door is just the thing. \

I have already reccomended this to several people, and a few have purchased it. They also like the ease of use, and the moist not dried out taste of the meat.

BUYit, like ti.

Not Worth The Money, Even Though It's Cheap

from Pearland, TX

Comments about Brinkmann Smoke 'N Grill Electric Smoker & Grill 810-5290-C:

I purchased this on a Friday and my husband and I put it together that evening.  None of the handles fit the holes and they all had to be bent to fit.  The door was bent up but we managed to get it where it would work.  The lid doesn't fit well either.

The following day I went out and bought plenty of meat and charcoal so I could get cooking.  I did exactly what the instructions said.  Later, when I went out to check on it, I found my coals were out.  There was a hole in the water pan that I didn't discover and it put out my fire.  Needless to say, I wasted 9 pounds of coals and I had to put the meat on my regular grill to cook it.

Trying to get Brinkmann to answer the customer service line is a joke.  No matter what, you are put on a call back list and they don't call back.  I finally emailed them and 3 days later I get an email telling me to fax a copy of my receipt along with what was wrong.  I did that yesterday morning and I haven't heard from them.  They did not apologize to me for my trouble.

I wouldn't buy another Brinkmann product.  They don't know what customer service is.

This smoker rocks

Comments about Brinkmann Smoke 'N Grill Electric Smoker & Grill 810-5290-C:

We travel a lot so we are always buying and then leaving grills ,but this one's going with us. The grill was super easy to assemble and has two racks for lots of cooking space, and two bowls. We use one for wood and one for charcoal .We have used both charcoal and wood and the flavor of our dinner comes out perfect every time. We use the grill about three or four times a week and it has held up well. The one thing I do not like about this grill and all charcoal grills is the mess of the used charcoal or wood , thank goodness that falls under my husbands to do list. Make sure when you are done that you check the coals and make sure they are out, we didn't and the next day I grabbed that bowl full of what I thought was dead charcoal and burned my fingers and arm. Tonight we are grilling a marinated pork tenderloin and some chunk-ed pineapple soaked in spicy teriyaki sauce, yummy. Try this smoker you will defiantly enjoy it.

Entry level smoker

from Avon, OH

Comments about Brinkmann Smoke 'N Grill Electric Smoker & Grill 810-5290-C:

The smoker had to be put collectively and tightening the screws was not the best thing to do. Limited placement for cooker because of extreem heat from the bottom and the quick electric cord. The meals is not as tasty as a charcoal or fuel smoker.

Smokey Lover

from Mcdonough, GA

Comments about Brinkmann Smoke 'N Grill Electric Smoker & Grill 810-5290-C:

The worst smoker I've ever attempted to use.  My dad got a green egg and passed this one to me.  I already own several smokers and am attempting to use this one for the first time right now.  When I get through...assuming I do.  I will throw this Brinkman Smoke and Grill in the dumpster.  Charcoal doesnt stay hot and burn out too quick.  Just a huge hastle.  Do not recommend wasting your hard earned cash on this.  Save up and buy a real one!

You like REAL BBQ, You can make it at home with this grill!

from Gilbert, AZ

Comments about Brinkmann Smoke 'N Grill Electric Smoker & Grill 810-5290-C:

If you've ever wanted to make reall slow cooked smoked BBQ at home, the Brinkman Smoke N' Grill is the best way to get started. Easy to use, hard to mess up. Perfect, fall apart BBQ every time!! Just make sure you add a few chunks of charcoal every hour and that you never let the water run out. If you do that, you'll never fail....or burn your meat. By the way, I read some of the other reviews and of the negative ones, these guys wouldn't know the difference between BBQing and Grilling....it's a big difference and this is definitely for BBQing.

Been using these for many years and WE love them!

from Lake Panasoffkee, FL

Comments about Brinkmann Smoke 'N Grill Electric Smoker & Grill 810-5290-C:

We BBQ A lot and my husband is also into competition BBQ events. We use the Brinkman Smoker/Grill at home when we don't need the size of the competition cooker. The Brinkman is great to learn to smoke on and turns out a consistantly good product. When you want to smoke low and slow (the best way!) this small cooker can't be beat!

Good smoker for not alot of money

from Framingham, MA

Comments about Brinkmann Smoke 'N Grill Electric Smoker & Grill 810-5290-C:

I'm a beginner at BBQ and smoking food in general, and I have only used this twice.  Now that it's warmer out, I expect to use it more.  It gets the job done in terms of smoking, and there is a huge amount of space for food.  It was difficult to regulate the temperature, but I suppose that gets easier with experience.