Other Home Gyms:
Bowflex Home Gym

Bowflex Home Gym

Pros

Cons

Bought used for a steal!! Total package!

This is absolutely a complete home gym! If we ever utilized this equipment to it's full capacity we would be Ripped! That's the only reason it doesn't get a perfect Ten from me is it is not for the unmotivated. It is not simple to assemble and god forbid you need to move the darn thing! It really does have every possible excercise you could want or need to sculpt a great body. It should come with a personal trainer for motivation at it's retail cost! If this had not been a used purchase we never would have invested that kind of cash.

This machine does everything the manufacturer says it will. It has lived on either an open carport or in a garage since it's original purpose and it moves very smoothly. It is so versatile and durable that for once price does equal quality.

I could never fully commit to this machine because of it's complex design. By needs it must be so, in order to accomplish all it claims, but it's a catch 22. You can do ANY fitness move imaginable IF you know by heart how to change out parts. I wasn't commited enough to learn.

As I said this unit has been carport or garage kept since purchase. We are the 3rd owners and it looks just like new! It moves like new as well. No rust, no dings, no broken parts.

Intelligent design, almost too smart for it's own good as a product to the average consumer. I really think you need to be familiar with modern gym equipment to operate it easily. It is very sharp in appearance! color has stayed true, no fading of black areas. no cushion tears. It is a well made product.

Bowflex Ultimate 2 will get you ripped

A great tool to shed unwanted adipose tissue (fat) and tone and give your muscles a full, dense feel and look is the Bowflex Ultimate 2. This model uses Power Rods as weighted resistance bands. You can adjust each setting and weight to reach the desired resistance that you will want. It is a great machine to have in home if you are unable to get to the gym after work or if you have kids. The resistance will help tone your muscles and provide them with more density, making you stronger. Men, after the holidays and drinking all the beer in the world, its time to shed all that gained weight, and tone your body up. Give the ladies something to stare at. This is a good machine, but it is not the best for you. A gym membership will be the best becasue you have access to free weights, cables, and benches. The Bowflex is limited, but can work well for you. It will not help you get a six pack, do seperate ab work. Buy Bowflex Ultimate 2

Works for Us

Comments about Bowflex Home Gym:

This is the first exercise machine that we have ever bought. Most are way to expensive for our budget but we found this one at a reasonable price so thought we'd give it a try. Either of us are trying to get ripped or look like muscle people we just wanted something to give us a nice little workout to increase our stamina and strength or at least maintain it as we get into our older years. This machine does the trick for us. I do not want a big intense workout but I can use this for 20 minutes or so a day at a low rate and feel stronger and better. I am glad we got it so we can maintain our fitness level as we grow old.

Does everything and more for us.

Very easy to use but sometimes a pain to set up

The way we use it, the system should last forever. We are not in it for the hard core workouts.

Designed very well and will fold up. I am glad we have a place for it and do not have to be bothered with folding it up and moving it all the time.

Almost everything in one

Comments about Bowflex Home Gym:

This is the best "all in one" home gym I have ever come across. This machine has room for a lot of customization in terms of arm and leg workouts. Triceps, biceps, thighs and shoulders can all be taken care of by this machine. The only thing is, I have to get another machine to work out my abs. If you are only concerned by mid section work outs, get another machine. But for anyone else, this is a good buy

Should have ab work outs

Bought used for a steal!! Total package!

Comments about Bowflex Home Gym:

Great, unless you are a beginner

Comments about Bowflex Home Gym:

I wasn't extremely satisfied with the Bowflex Ultimate Gym mostly because it isn't the simplest thing to use. If you are clueless to weight training or any type of gym equipment, I would advise to go to a gym and become a lot more acquainted with work out equipment before you even buy this product. I found myself spending just as much time reading the instruction pamphlet than the actual exercises the first couple weeks. Since, I had no clue on what I was doing during this time using it, I was afraid of injuring myself! After thoroughly reading all the different exercises and spending about 2 weeks getting use to it, I quickly began to like it more and more. I wouldn't recommend for an uber beginner, but if you want a fast at-home full body work out, then this is the product for you.

Not for beginners, unless you don't mind spending quite a bit of time familiarizing yourself with work out equipment.

The Bowflex Ultimate 2 is the perfect home gym.

from San Diego, CA

Comments about Bowflex Home Gym:

The Bowflex Ultimate 2 is the perfect home gym for people under 6 feet tall.  I am 6'3" and the seat wasn't quite big enough, nor did the squat attachment allow me to completely contract my thighs.  I can't blame Bowflex for that, though, as I'm no exactly an average size person.  However, there are many great things about the Bowflex, beginning with the ease of use.  There are no dumbbells to rack, or plates to change; simply hook or unhook the power rods and you're good to go.  Plus, the power rods apply tension throughout the entire range of motion, not just the first or last half of the muscle contract as is normal when using free weights.

The only real drawback to the Bowflex is the size of the machine.  Although smaller than most other home gyms, and it does allow you to fold it up, it still takes up quite a bit of room.  But, I suppose if you want a home gym then you have to make some sacrifices, and this is a minor one.

All-in-all, Bowflex is a great piece of health equipment.  I'd recommend it to anyone (except the extremely tall).

Incredibale

from Lexington, KY

BowFlex

Ever since I first saw this amazing machine brought my attention a few years back, I still find it to be highly recommendable for anyone interested in strength training at home. The Bowflex has every featured form of workouts that would make the gym seem like a exteint location in the past. There are a lot of celebraties that has promoted this selected item as one of the best at home training machines ever manufactured. I also have seen the results of the actual bowflex system myself by self training and comparing it, towards some of the local gyms that i would normally visit. Very impressed I was by the BowFlex results compared to the gym. Plus the workouts are so much more simple and effective using the BowFlex as well, so I'm astonished with the present results of the BowFlex. Also, I don't have to continue paying for memberships, nor expensive health plans from a trainer at the gym.

its cool

from Memphis, TN

Comments about Bowflex Home Gym:

Ok, so at first I may have been slightly skepitcal of this.I have always been skeptical of anything made by bowflex. This is because in my mind bowflex stands for overpriced stuff that you can potentially find cheaper. Having said that i tried it and i was rather impressed with it this time around. It doesnt use conventional weights like most other machines, but it does use resistance and that works pretty well. The whole concept of resistance eliminates the possibility of you running out of weight to use, since there is always extra resistance to be had. This thing didnt take up a guge massive amount of room like i thought it might, and it gives a good upper body workout and it gives a very smooth feeling. The feel of pullin on it gives a very smooth feel but a very tight feel, and its very comfortable to use. Overall I was more impressed with this product than i have any other made by bowflex.

The utlimate machine!

from Pomona, CA

Comments about Bowflex Home Gym:

Let's just get to the point on this machine, looking for what's bad about it? Well, it's obvious that this piece of equipment is pricey but you get what you pay for. The machine offers more tha ninety five different exercises you can mix and match. The second downfall is that it takes up space but hey, you can't complain considering it offers more than 10 machines put together, so you pretty much have it good. This machine basically doesn't have flaws, anything negative about it can't stand alone, all it's positive things about this piece of equipment overrides the negative stuff. Using this machine has made me loose over 20 lbs in one month. The rule is, with this machine or any other, you can't complain it doesn't work. All machines work, it's just a matter of how good it can work you out and definitely up to you about consistency.

Bowflex Ultimate 2 Home Gym -Amazing!

from Bronx, NY

Comments about Bowflex Home Gym:

I have two sons that drive me crazy, they are obsesses with looking good.Not that it's a bad thing, but considering what some gym memberships costs these days, it can be an expense. Thank you, Bowflex! Bowflex is a leader in the industry bring us the latest in exercise equipment. Bowflex is a reputable and trustworthy brand that has become very popular because of the high quality products they offer. Once again, Bowflex shows that they care about families by introducing the Boxflex Ultimate 2 Home Gym There are many exercises that you can perform with this home gym. My sons rave about it! The Bowflex Ultimate 2 Home Gym is beautifully designed and very easy to use. Also Bowflex has made this product very reasonable in price making it affordable to all. What's even better, is that this Bowflex Ultimate 2 Home Gym is quiet functioning so noone else in the house is disturbed, no matter what they are doing. I highly recommend this product to anyone looking to stay in shape and save money.

Amazing!

from Cape Coral, FL

Comments about Bowflex Home Gym:

The Bowflex Ultimate 2 Home Gym is an amazing product if you want to start getting in shape. Their are hundreds and thousands of exercises you can do to burn fat and gain muscle. You can get so ripped in such little time. This is a serious machine for people who are serious about their health and fitness. People who are trying to maintain or change there weight situation needs to have this machine. It is a must have on the list! It can do so much, you will never get bored with it. Which is the key to working out. You can do something different every day and you will see results quickly. It helps gain muscle mass which burns fat. It is challenging but if you are dedicated to losing or maintaining your fitness level, this is a great product to have. It is amazing what this machine can do for your body. The seat is confortable and relaxing which makes you think about working out more. This is a fabulous working out product that should be in everyones household!