Other Digestion Medicines:
Benefiber
Benefiber Fiber Supplement Powder

Benefiber Fiber Supplement Powder

I'll never be normal but at least I'm regular now!

***Quick View:*** I am a huge fan of fiber. As an IBS sufferer and a health conscious person, I know fiber does all kinds of good things for me, including keeping me regular which sounds silly but isn't so funny when a week passes and you feel like you're about to explode. I love this fiber but wish it were the type that also lowers cholesterol. *** About Benefiber Fiber Supplement Powder* **This fiber is like no other. It is completely flavorless and tasteless. It doesn't thicken. It can be added to liquids or foods and you can't tell it is in there. AT ALL. It is amazing. After sucking down sawdust tasting fiber, this was such a great change of pace. I can add fiber to my tea, to my yogurt, my baked potatoes, whatever, and never even taste a thing. Each dose contains 100 percent natural, soluble dietary fiber extracted from the seeds of the cluster bean. It is guar gum which is 100% natural fiber. Fiber regulates the digestive system, gives you a full feeling so you eat less, and is good for body. The only issue I have with this fiber is that it does not claim to reduce cholesterol like **psyllium fiber** does. To me that's important. I am torn because this stuff is so good and so easy to take yet I want to watch my cholesterol. This works fine. It keeps my body running smoothly and gives my diet a fiber boost because I never get enough through food. There is no taste, no smell, no grit. If you start out slow, you won't bloat or get gas like many do who suddenly start taking fiber supplements. This is a wonderful choice if you aren't looking for cholesterol reduction and just want added fiber for all its other benefits. *** My Viewpoint*** **Benefiber Fiber Supplement Powder **is an excellent choice for maintaining regularity and supplementing your diet with healthy fiber. This is all natural and has absolutely no taste or even texture. It dissolves completely in liquids or foods. My only complaint is that it doesn't help to lower cholesterol like the psyllium fibers out there. Otherwise, this is the BEST fiber supplement out there. ***4 stars***. Recommended highly.

Benefiber is no benefit to us

I usually review products that I like, but this is an exception.  Well, that's not entirely correct - there isn't anything to strictly dislike about Benefiber as it has no taste.  But it doesn't work for anyone in my family either!

We are Metamucil users.  All four of us.  Two of us use it for the traditional reason.  We both tried Benefiber and after several weeks became convinced that it wasn't doing the job.  We went back to Metamucil and saw results and were much more comfortable.

The other two in my family use Metamucil for an odd reason - irritable bowel syndrome.  Once during a really violent fit of it, a doctor told my husband to use Metamucil for it and we thought that was really weird.  But he was desperate.  He tried it and low and behold after years of suffering, the irritable bowel symptoms went away!  That was YEARS ago and the Metamucil is still working.  Well, one of my daughters has the exact same problem.  So she tried Benefiber because she thought she couldn't tolerate the taste and grit of Metamucil.  Well, after weeks of Benefiber and no change, we finally convinced her to try the Metamucil.  Now she knows that if she misses it for even two days, she will be back into trouble.  So the Metamucil works and the Benefiber did absolutely nothing for her.

This is not to say that Benefiber won't work for anyone.  Perhaps it will.  But it might be kind of like an antihistamine - you have to find the one that works for you.  Benefiber absolutely does NOT work for us.

A good start

Comments about Benefiber Fiber Supplement Powder:

Benefiber mix in fiber supplement is a good way to introduce fiber into a diet that may be lacking. The mix in fiber is quite soluble in your favorite drinks and does not alter the taste all that much, making it easy to hide in sweet drinks like orange juice. This being said, it is not as effective as keeping regularity as true fiber from the fruits, vegetables, and grains normally found in a healthy diet.

• Immediacy:

Benefiber Fiber Supplement Powder works pretty well, I like it.

from Stockton, CA

Comments about Benefiber Fiber Supplement Powder:

Benefiber Fiber Supplement Powder works pretty well and it's good for you. The taste of this product is great because you can mix it with several things. It is really helpful at regulating your digestive tract, and fiber drinks are very good for you. I like the way you can mix this stuff with water, juice, milk and stir it. You can't mix it with alcohol or with soda pop, but everything else is okay. You can put it on your food too! I like how simple this is to use too. You do have to put it in a medium to large glass of liquid and drink the whole thing, even if you don't feel like drinking all of it. It works fairly quickly as well. I notice a change after using this product within about a few days. I like the amount you get because it will last you for weeks. I also like the design and the packaging because it's super cute and you can easily spot it in a store. The drawback is this stuff is super expensive, unless you find it at store that sells it at a fair price. Even with a coupon it's pretty pricey. The price is the main reason I give this product (4 STARS). I'd have to give this product an (8) on a scale of 1-10 on the way it works though. Give it a try, you just might like the way it works on your digestive system.

• Immediacy:

Great way to get fiber

from Jonesville, NC

Comments about Benefiber Fiber Supplement Powder:

I am always looking for ways to increase my fiber intake. I have finally found the perfect solution! Benefiber! It dissolves easily into your favorite beverage and even in food! I love it! I was at first hesitant on whether it would work as described and promised but it does! I know in todays hectic life it is hard to eat right and eat the reccomended daily amounts of foods to get fiber, but if you are unable to get the requirements in Benefiber is a great way to do just that.

no taste mixes well

from Cantonment, FL

Comments about Benefiber Fiber Supplement Powder:

I have GI problems & have to use fiber supplements.  I really like that I can't taste this & I can mix in my hot cocoa or my yogurt & not know its there.  It is nongritty & mixes without any trouble. I have seen quite a few generic types of this but have not tried them yet & cannot compare them to this product.

A great way to supplement fiber in your diet.

from Salt Lake City, UT

Comments about Benefiber Fiber Supplement Powder:

Benefiber Fiber Supplement powder is a very good way to supplement the essential fiber in your diet, which most people dont get enough of. it is colorless, odorless, tasteless, and dissolves in almost anything. It is undetectable even when dissolved in water. However, one has to be very careful not to over-eat this product. Although it is a bit expensive for the amount you get, overall, it is a great product.

Extra Fiber No taste or Grit

from Wake Forest, NC

Comments about Benefiber Fiber Supplement Powder:

As a pharmacist I realize we all need extra fiber in our diet, but I just couldn't take the flavored drinks every day or chew the tablets so I didn't get the fiber I knew I needed.  With Benefiber, I add it to everything I drink and don't even know it's there.  I actually lost about 5 pounds the first month I was using it b/c I was less hungry.

Benefiber relieves gas (and other IBS symptoms)

from Huntington Station, NY

Comments about Benefiber Fiber Supplement Powder:

My doctor recommended benefiber to me awhile ago when I was having diahrea which she contributed to IBS. For some reason, I stopped using it over the years (my IBS was pretty bareable at the time). Recently, though, I began to have really severe gas symptoms (in the form of belching) that were way more uncomfortable than the diarhea. I had no idea that it was and started to panic that it was a symptom of something more serious since the belching was just nonstop. Finally, I started to wonder if it was a new symptom of the IBS since the diarhea had gone away at that point. So I gave benefiber a try, hoping it would do the same thing for gas as it does for diarhea and it worked miraculously! I have had no problems since I started taking it and I feel great now! It's such a relief and peace of mind to not worry about when my next belching attack is gonna take hold (which was starting to be all the time). If you are having IBS symptoms, I cannot recommend this enough! It is pretty grit free and doesn't usually clump, but I have noticed that I have slightly more of an issue with that when I put it in something like juice rather than water. Put it in water if you really want it to dissolve entirely and be grit free!

Benefiber Keeps Me Fibered Up

from Crystal Lake, IL

Comments about Benefiber Fiber Supplement Powder:

Most of us don't get enough fiber and that includes me.  So I supplement my fiber using Benefiber Non Thickening Powder.  The Fiber supplements have come a long way in the last few years, they used to be gritty and disgusting, and no matter how hard I tried I could not get a full serving of it down.

The Benefiber of today is wonderful.  It dissolves in to what ever you are drinking and you barley even notice it is there.  It just blends in.  There is no grit, thickness, or aftertaste at least not for me.

One serving for adults is 2 teaspoons.  For optimall health you would take tht3 times daily, Children from 6 to 11 years of age can take 1 teaspoon 3 times per day.  The Benifiber will go well with 4 to 8 oz of hot or cold liquid and can even be added to creamy foods such as yogurt.  Each 2 teaspoon serving is 15 calories, but there is no fat added.  It will provide you with 3 grams of per serving, so you still need to get some fiber in your diet to get the recommended amount. There is no sugar.

I have been really pleased with the Benefiber Non Thickening Powder, I really can almost never taste it, and it is very easy and soothing going down.  It also blends in to my drinks with just a quick straw.

What's not to love?  It provides me with extra fiber and goes down with out me noticing it is there. It also helps me stay regular which is always a relief.

Great for IBS sufferers

from Brandon, FL

Comments about Benefiber Fiber Supplement Powder:

I suffer from IBS. One time when I was very sick, the doctor recommended I start adding benefiber to my diet to help me along and continue to do that even when I am not having issues. They said this particular type of fiber (soluble) helps coat your stomach and thicken your "digestion" so that other foods are less irritating to the stomach lining, a very important thing for IBS suffers.

It has been so wonderful for me. It has no grit, no taste and melts right into your drink. It doesn't make it think and I have frequently drank it in nothing but water. I add benefiber to my coffee or tea every morning. It is also great for other health reasons as well.

It can be a little expensive which is the only draw back. So look for sales or consider club stores.

love it!

from Lima, OH

Comments about Benefiber Fiber Supplement Powder:

The greatest thing about benefiber, aside from the nutritional benefits, of course, is the fact that you can't taste it! It's not gritty, and there is NO taste whatsoever! I put it on my cereal in the morning, before pouring my milk in. Works wonders :) Great for pregnant women who need the extra fiber boost, and safe for kids, too. I've given it to my 5-year-old on several occasions.