Other Misc. Eye Makeups:
Bare Escentuals

Pros

Cons

Follow the Yellow Powder Road

Well Rested is a chalky yellow toned flesh colored powder. At first glance it looks way too yellow and light to be any good.  However, looks can be deceiving.Well Rested is classified by Bare Escentuals as an EYESHADOW, however, the DVDs seem to present it as a concealer.  There is a very subtle iridescene that is almost invisible unless you look at it very sheered out in the sunlight.**HOW DO YOU USE IT?**The best way to use WELL RESTED for me is to get a MAC 222 or MAC 217 brush (I do not like the concealer brush from Bare Escentuals for undereye concealer), and put a tiny bit in the cap. I swirl the brush into the powder working the product up into the bristles.  Then I quickly and lightly swirl it under the eyes using a windshield wiper motion - barely touching the skin.  Otherwise the skin will be pulled and get a little baggy.I can also use it to cover blemishes if they are darker.**WHAT DOES IT DO?**Well Rested brightens the eye area, and it makes you look more awake.  However, too much of it will make the eyes look like a ghost.    Also with blemishes, if you do not use it lightly (the Bare Escentuals concealer brush is okay for blemishes) then it can actually cause MORE attention to come to your blemish.**FINAL COMMENTS**On the whole Well Rested is a very handy product and well worth having, if your complexion is from a medium causasian to very light caucasian.If you have darker skin, I would recommend trying the bisque color instead- and even going to a different foundation color instead if Bisque is too light or pink for you.

Nothing makes me look well rested and this is no exception.

***Quick View:*** **Bare Escentuals Well Rested** doesn't do enough for me. I have dark circles all the time and I always look tired (because I usually am). I liked the idea of a mineral product that made me look well rested. It does. But only for about 10 minutes. I know many people love this product but I don't.***About Bare Escentuals Well Rested***This loose powder comes in a small sifter jar. It's a lemony beige color and, apparently, it was made as an eyeshadow and women discovered that it worked well as an under eye refresher. This is NOT a concealer (although some use it as such). It is intended to lighten and brighten the eye area.The product is made from all natural minerals and only a little is needed. As an eyeshadow or eyeshadow base, it's fine. It glides on nicely and looks bright on my lids. After I apply my usual concealer, I try to swirl a small concealer brush in **Bare Escentuals Well Rested** and then dot it under and around my eyes. It's quite light so it does brighten the area but almost too much. I don't want to draw attention to the fact that I am desperately trying to look well rested. I just want to look as though I naturally feel awake when, in reality, I am daydreaming about dreaming.It takes some work to get the right amount - the amount that doesn't look garish and unnatural yet brightens. I finally did find that sweet spot and I liked the look but it faded very fast. In minutes, the product was gone. My raccoon eyes beat it down and made it run away in fear.I have tried many times to use the product and it just doesn't cut it for me. I like several other highlighting products, most of which are creams. I am not a fan of powder around my eyes since I feel it just settles into fine lines and looks cakey. **Bare Escentuals Well Rested **is very finely ground and, used sparingly, it doesn't cake up. But still, I prefer a creamier formula.The product does work fairly well on little red spots or small blemishes but it seems to leave a halo around the area rather than conceal. Because, as I said, it really wasn't meant to conceal. I have since bought *Bare Escentuals Multi Tasking  Bisque* which is a true concealer and I like it better.**Bare Escentuals Well Rested** is not a bad product by any means but, after reading the glowing (no pun intended) reviews by women all over the net who can't live without it, I guess I missed the boat on this stuff. It's a nice eyelid primer or just a brightening eyeshadow and it does lighten up my eyes but not for long. I may be doing something wrong but makeup shouldn't be rocket science.***My Viewpoints***For me,** Bare Escentuals Well Rested** isn't enough of a lightening product. I have fairly pale medium toned skin and some major inherited dark circles made worse by LONG nights and little sleep. Not much really makes me look well rested, not even a lot of rest. You may love this product. It's lightweight and versatile. It's just not as good as similar, creamier products I have used. ***For me, this is a 3 star product.***

encourage others to buy

from Agadir Morocco

About Me Classic Style

Pros

• Easy Removal
  • Easy To Apply
  • Good Colors
  • Good Pigmentation
  • Good Variety of Colors
  • Long Lasting
  • Smooth Look

Cons

• Everyday

Comments about Bare Escentuals bareMinerals Well-Rested for Eyes:

I love this ans I always use ; it is too comfortable for me so I always have to buy a new one when the old finish

• Skin Tone:
    • Fair

Make-up so pure you can sleep in it!

from Cleveland, OH

Comments about Bare Escentuals bareMinerals Well-Rested for Eyes:

A little goes a long way. This concealer really works well to hide dark circles around the eye!  Also, if there is a small red zit/pimple, just swirl tap and buff that blemish hidden.  Even if it is an open blemish, this makeup will not hurt it or make it worse!

liked it, but just not reaching for it..

from jlynn80, PA

Comments about Bare Escentuals bareMinerals Well-Rested for Eyes:

Bare Escentuals Well Rested eye color is a nice product and it does seem to make my eye area seem a bit more 'awake' -  but I  just don't find myself reaching for this very often. It's one of those 'extra' type products I use when I have the extra time or am getting ready for a special event/night out on the town. I typically use a frosty eyeshadow for a base color anyway, so this is just essentially doubling up on that when I do use it. However, I do find that if I dust a bit of this under the outer corners of my eyes once my makeup if finished, it gives a nice, not overly done, glow to my eyes.

I use a eye primer from Paula Dorf everyday and it does pretty much everything I  need (including brightening) so I guess that is probably why I don't reach for this everyday.

Well Rested is a pale, shimmery, bright iced yellow shade; coverage, as always w/ BE, is excellent and a little goes a looonnnggg way.

mmm, not loving it

from Brighton, MA

Comments about Bare Escentuals bareMinerals Well-Rested for Eyes:

Well, I normally adore all the Bare Minerals Bare Escentuals products, but this one is not catching my fancy at all.  My eyes tend to look tired and sometimes an eye cream is not enough.  So I thought the Bare Minerals Well Rested would help me look more rested and refreshed.  It claimed that it would make the eyes look more open and energized.

In actuality, it is too cakey, too powdery, not enough glimmer in it.  In order for the eyes to be more open, it has to be a little more mother of shell look -- like only slightly shimmery.  It was not the case with this one.  It is not a necessary part of Bare Minerals family, in my opinion.  It kinda works under the eyes for deep dark circles but it looks unnatural, although covers them up, so you should use VERY LITTLE because it's so light colored.  Do not use with other makeup, maybe it can work if you are using it strictly for the natural look.

light and easy to use -

from Portland, OR

Comments about Bare Escentuals bareMinerals Well-Rested for Eyes:

I used this during my wedding, first time user who had always used Clinique, and was really amazed at what a good job it did.

Before using it I actually thought it was a bit of marketing hype.  Instead, it was the real thing and I was so happy!

I think the other product that I liked, I wished that I wrote it down, was called Mineral Veil (or something like that).

I have really fair skin and this was great!

from Radnor, PA

Comments about Bare Escentuals bareMinerals Well-Rested for Eyes:

**Bare Escentuals bareMinerals Well-Rested for Eyes is m**arketed as a "brightening shadow base" for the sleep-deprived! The Bare Escentuals representative I talked with recommended it to help correct dark circles underneath my eyes. It did not work for me in either of these suggested uses. Although the texture is smooth and the coverage is adequate, the color is too yellow and I found I was spending as much time trying to conceal the corrector as I was concealing my dark undereye circles. A neutral-toned concealer that is just a shade or two lighter than your foundation will work much better. I don't see the need for a special product labeled "eyeshadow base" or "primer." This product was not tested on animals.

bareMinerals Well-Rested for Eyes is just what I've been needing

from Prescott Valley, AZ

Comments about Bare Escentuals bareMinerals Well-Rested for Eyes:

I've been using bareMinerals make up (just the basics: Foundation and Mineral Veil) for over a year now. I decided to spoil myself and try out some of the other products they offer. I have fairly dark circles under my eyes and I'm very self concious of them. I even had to use yellow and regular concealer under my eyes in addition to the bareMinerals foundation and the circles were still dark! I just got Well Rested about a week ago and fell in love the first time I tried it! One swipe of the powder and the circles are GONE! This product is amazing and is going to last for such a long time! The first day, I put it on around 6:30am, went to work for ten hours and it was still going strong when I went to bed around midnight! Definitely worth the price for the performance alone. Not to mention how much use I'm going to get out of it. If you've got dark circles this product is sure to take care of them and leave you happy and feeling confident for the whole day and night!

Goodbye Panda Eyes!

from Silver Spring, MD

Comments about Bare Escentuals bareMinerals Well-Rested for Eyes:

I have had panda eyes since middle school and there hasn't been an under eye concealer that worked for me... until I discovered this!You look at the color and at first you are unsure of if the color will work for you. I have light olive asian skin, and it worked out REALLY well. If you are unsure, go to your local makeup store and check it out... even IF you think it might not work. There is a good chance it will because it blends really well.I put it on one side and then compared it to the other and I can tell there was a drastic difference! Best of all, it works well with my other BE foundations and mineral veil.I suggest using the concealer brush that comes with the Basic Kit, as it is just the right size.And for those of you who plan to use the product, don't forget to dab this on the medial angle of the eye, the inner section of your eye that is closest to the bridge of your nose. That is the area that usually gives you the sunken look when you have dark circles, but people always forget about it.

For those who is afraid it will looked cracked, I think an important step to applying makeup is washing your face 1/2 hour before makeup application and then follow up with a moisturizer that matches the weather. After 1/2 hour, put your makeup on and those cracks should not be as apparant.

Finally a product that helps brighten my tired eyes!!

from Russell, KS

Comments about Bare Escentuals bareMinerals Well-Rested for Eyes:

Bare Escentuals Well-Rested is a must in every girls' make-up bag!! It has helped make me appear rested (as the name would imply) when I actually was not, and it helps to even out my skin tone. One negative I have about Well Rested is that I must be sure to use an eye cream, and my eye primer, so that Well Rested will not look powdery in my under-eye creases. Yes, this 66 year old face does, in fact, have wrinkles and creases where I would probably prefer not to have them. I'm just thrilled there are products available for those of us who prefer, or cannot afford, cosmetic surgery. This product does do what it says it will do, if it is used according to directions. Try it and have a great day!!

It doens't do anything!

from Marlton, NJ

Comments about Bare Escentuals bareMinerals Well-Rested for Eyes:

I'm surprised that bareminerals Well-Rested for Eyes has so many positive reviews. To be honest, when I first bought it, I didn't know what to do with it. It's not listed under concealers and at first I was told that it was a eyeshadow primer.

As a concealer, it doesn't work. I have fair skin-this color is much too yellow for my skin, even for my under-eye circles.  I much prefer heavier coverage for my under-eye circles.  Besides looking very obvious on my skin, the coverage didn't last.

As a eyeshadow primer, why bother? There are cheaper eyeshadow primers, even mineral ones, and I typically don't bother using primer for my eyeshadows.

The baremineral website mentions that you can "sweep it on to counter dark shadows around the eyes or even the nose and lips." I'm not a makeup artist and haven't been able to use this color to blend that well.  However, the color is too yellow to be used for this on my face too.

Overall, I was disappointed. I've used mineral makeup for years and love it, especially Bare Escentuals. However, I would skip this product.